Virtua Fighter RPG Project

~ ひかり ~

このまま・・・時間が止まるといい
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
I'm happy to announce that i'm working on the Virtua Fighter RPG project, my friend gave me this idea to make Virtua Fighter RPG games a reality, to make this games with the chapters concept arts and other things as inspiration for the project.

In the chapters concept art image we have 11 cards, each card is a chapter for the story, so my plan is to make 11 games in RPG Maker telling Akira's Journey from beginning to the end, the Shenmue story is not complete in game format so when i get to the parts that are not in the games i will create the story, i will even try to create and put the boat chapter, Baisha, Luoyang/Pagoda Forest and so many other places in the games

Now the focus is on the first game Virtua Fighter RPG Chapter I - Yokosuka. I don't have a team with me and i never made a game before but i'm really happy to share this news with the Community, i'm making this project for this wonderful community, i love Virtua Fighter and Shenmue so much and i want to do this for the community, i will share all the news about this project here in this thread.

This title screen is not the final one, i will make some changes, i just wanted to share the news about my project with the community, thank you.

1636556037900.png

Make a short game that has nothing to do with it first. Doesn't have to be good or engaging, just about a girl who pops to the shop one day to buy a pint of milk, gets in a fight, wins, and returns home to make a brew. Anything.

You will need help too. Look for it. There are assets you can find, but so so so many more will have to be made from scratch. Don't underestimate how much work it'll be just because it's a top-down 2D RPG.

I'm an expert in failing at projects. You could say it's my specialty. So trust me. And good luck.

Update 1

This is the version of Akira that i did.

The Face image will always appear when Akira (Ryo) is talking, we can see this in the menu/inventory of the game as well. The character image is what we will see when we walk with Akira, the Battler image is what we will see when Akira is in a battle.

In this version i tried to put the clothes similar to the original Akira. i put the original Akira image in the images face part. In my opinion this version that i did is really similar to Akira (Ryo) and i really like what i did, this will probably be the final version of Akira (Ryo) in the game.

unknown.png

This is in the game, this is not the final version, maybe i will change.

1637152230923.png

We can see in the character image and the Battler image that the clothes are similar to the original Akira but not 100% the same.

I don't have a team with me for this project. i'm doing this alone, so please don't expect that this game will have 100% of the things that the first game have, the level of details that the first game have.

My intention is not to do a 100% recreation of the games in RPG Maker style, my intention and focus with this project is the story, i want to tell Akira's (Ryo) journey from beginning to the end.

I will try to do the characters and places similar to the originals but if i can't i will do in my own style, the main focus will really be to tell the journey of Akira, in my opinion will be better like this.

More images of Akira (Ryo) that i did.

1637151862108.png1637151898926.png1637151950164.png
unknown.png

This is the end of update 1, thank you all for the support.
❤️

Attachments

• 1637151819389.png
    1637151819389.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Update 2

More characters added to the game.

Shenhua 💛

I know Shenhua have brown hair so if i find a way maybe i will change, but like i said in the other post i'm not trying to do a recreation 100% of the original games, the intention and focus of this project is on the story.

unknown.png

Aoi Umenokoji (Nozomi)

I decided to do the version of Aoi with black hair but maybe she will change her hair in one point of the story, i will not tell how this will happen so it can be a surprise. I love this outfit that i found, really looks like a school outfit so it reminded me of Nozomi as well.

unknown.png

Lan Di, This is the version of Lan Di that i was able to create with the options available, i put green on the outfit to remind more of the original and i put the scar as well. I can edit the project as many times as i want so if i find something that i think is better for a character or a place i can just edit again. I like the way i did Lan Di here

1637203306478.png

The first game will have 6 maps

1. Inside Yuki Residence
2. Yard/Dojo
3. Yamanose
4. Sakuragaoka
5. Dobuita
6. The Harbor

And i have plans to put Suka High in the game.

I love the VF RPG concept/vision so much that i even have plans to write books telling Akira's (Ryo) journey, and on the covers of each book will be the chapters concept arts, i will not sell this books of course because the copyright is not mine but i have plans to write this books.

i have plans to do physical version of the books for me and share digital version of the books with the community, in the future i will talk more things about this books, i will try my best to complete this projects.

More images of the characters

1637204795958.png1637204840390.png1637204877606.png1637204906379.png1637204937104.png1637204979920.png

This is the end of update 2. ❤️

Last edited:
Back