We need to write to YsNet about a Patch !

People need to calm down about the patch. I'm sure YSNET are working away especially with the DLC coming.

People need to calm down about the patch. I'm sure YSNET are working away especially with the DLC coming.

agreed. Like I said before, even The Quiet Man by Square-Enix got multiple patches, some months later after launch. And I think I was one of like three people who played that game :ROFLMAO:

A patch was mentioned in the previous kickstarter update:
For backers who responded to their survey after January 6th, 2019

Backer passwords may not have been validated for first time survey responses accepted after January 6th, 2019. DLC codes will be reissued to applicable backers who responded after this date, however, in-game reward DLC will not be able to be activated until the next patch which is currently planned for mid-January.

If you are experiencing problems with your in-game rewards, please message us through the Kickstarter messenger or email us at info(at)shenmue.link. *Please replace (at) with @.

- Fix the economy loophole with buying books/transforming to scroll/selling

On one side, it was really helpful, but as soon as I saw how this worked, I immediately lost all interest on minijobs/gambling and the economy because money is basically for free with this.

Skip dialogue.
Fix NPC pop in. How it's worse than the Dreamcast is beyond me.
This really kinda worries me. I remain impressed with almost everything else, especially taking into account the restraints on scope.

But the pop in is really, really bad. So few NPCs in town make it feel like the Red Snakes/Chi You Men killed everybody. It's so bad coming down into the Promenade from Vendor Avenue that while going down the stairs by the mask shop, I will run into invisible NPCs, have time to stop and scope the area, and THEN see them pop in. Really saddening that this either baffled the team that much that they couldn't fix it, or that they just...chose not to? Don't know.

I would like if they added the option to change some of the contolls like switching out the run trigger to L2 as due to a hand injury holding down R2 can cause discomfort for me but yea more options to mess with controlls basically

Good idea but what's with the Username/Avatar? MOOOOOODS
🤣

This really kinda worries me. I remain impressed with almost everything else, especially taking into account the restraints on scope.

But the pop in is really, really bad. So few NPCs in town make it feel like the Red Snakes/Chi You Men killed everybody. It's so bad coming down into the Promenade from Vendor Avenue that while going down the stairs by the mask shop, I will run into invisible NPCs, have time to stop and scope the area, and THEN see them pop in. Really saddening that this either baffled the team that much that they couldn't fix it, or that they just...chose not to? Don't know.
The environmental pop-in is also terrible. Walking and watching buildings and foliage materialize in front of you is bizarre.

I’m kind of surprised this didn’t come up in reviews or that people don’t complain about it more. It’s very jarring for me and I wish they had done something about it.

The environmental pop-in is also terrible. Walking and watching buildings and foliage materialize in front of you is bizarre.

I’m kind of surprised this didn’t come up in reviews or that people don’t complain about it more. It’s very jarring for me and I wish they had done something about it.
I assume the PC version is much better? I don't remember Bailu having much issue with pop in at all, though I'm only now getting a second playthrough of the game. Niaowu had it in spades. Every time I run up the stairs before the second arcade close to New Paradise, all of the posters on the side of the building pop.

I assume the PC version is much better? I don't remember Bailu having much issue with pop in at all, though I'm only now getting a second playthrough of the game. Niaowu had it in spades. Every time I run up the stairs before the second arcade close to New Paradise, all of the posters on the side of the building pop.

i really don’t know if this is possible or if I imagined it, but the pop in seems worse now that I’m playing the NG+. I really don’t remember it being that bad the first time around.

i really don’t know if this is possible or if I imagined it, but the pop in seems worse now that I’m playing the NG+. I really don’t remember it being that bad the first time around.
Same here, I think is a mixed of how the 2nd run is played, usually more running plus Max Stamina facilate the running, so less time to load NPCs. That's my theory

Back