Weird dialogue glitch

I found this weird dialogue glitch today where the kid somehow says Ryo's line, with Ryo's mouth lip syncing to it.

I cannot get my head round whether this line was recorded by the kid's actor, if so then why?

Or they used some computer generated voice system that grabbed the wrong character?

It goes against all I know about how dialogue is programmed in games...

Had to put it on youtube mp4 isn't allowed on this forum, made the links private as don't want to be uploading glitches publicly...we need S4 :)

I found this weird dialogue glitch today where the kid somehow says Ryo's line, with Ryo's mouth lip syncing to it.

I cannot get my head round whether this line was recorded by the kid's actor, if so then why?

Or they used some computer generated voice system that grabbed the wrong character?

It goes against all I know about how dialogue is programmed in games...

Had to put it on youtube mp4 isn't allowed on this forum, made the links private as don't want to be uploading glitches publicly...we need S4 :)
I think this has happened elsewhere to someone else. I'd heard of the bug before.

I reckon it was a screw up by the localisation team. I imagine the dialogue was somewhat different in the Japanese version. Maybe it went something like this.

Ryo: I can‘t right now. Which way is the Rainbow Basin?
Little Kid: Which way is the Rainbow Basin? It’s that way!

Then when they translated it into English they took away the second part of Ryo’s line. That would make most sense. Try and listen to it in Japanese, that would confirm or disprove my theory.

Or of course the translator attributed it to the wrong person and the error slipped through the cracks and wasn’t picked up, or it was deemed too costly to fix.

Overall, it is most likely a translation issue.

(Edited for ridiculous typos)

Last edited:
I reckon it was a screw up by the localisation team. I imagine the dialogue was somewhat different in the Japanese version. Maybe it went something like this.

Ryo: I can‘t right now. Which ways is the Rainbow Basin?
Little Kid: Which was is the Rainbow Basin? It’s that way!

Then when they translated it into English they took away the second part of Ryo’s line. That would make most sense. Try and listen to it in Japanese, that would confirm or disprove my theory.

Or of course the translator attributed it to the wrong person and the error slipped through the cracks and wasn’t picked up, or it was deemed too costly to fix.

Overall, it is most likely a translation issue.

That does sound about right.

I'll check it on my next play through which was going to be Jap anyway, thanks.

Back