What are you playing?

Back at GameCube, if it wasn't cute enough console and disc format, loved the way Nintendo took the horror formula, twisted it in its unique way with Luigi's Mansion. Btw, first person patch has been updated recently...maybe its time to give it another go!

the gamecube was a great little machine. i dont know why but luigi's mansion does nothing for me. i played a little of the most recent one but i just cant get into it.

ive said it before but there was serval games i regret not completing in the past and one of them was zelda wind walker on the gamecube. i loved the graphics and gameplay but i just couldn't understand what to do so i just gave up on it.

if zelda wind walker ever comes to the switch, im definitely giving it another go.

Luigi’s Mansion is another I’d like to try again sometime. Not too interested in the sequels but the first one seems like my sort of not too gruesome horror lol. But more that it seems to have similar exploration to a Metroidvania.

Wind Waker, well, I wouldn’t want to hype it up too much because it has its issues (mainly a bit rushed in development just like Sunshine) but it’s easy for me to look past those flaws and call it my personal favorite. Art style, whimsical nature, music, characters, story and themes, just the sense of adventure and hopefulness to it all, all stuff I love about it.

My son was (still is, to a certain extent) obsessed with the Luigi's Mansion games. As a result, I have played through the three games with him multiple times over the last couple of years.

The first Luigi's Mansion game has a really unique tone and mood to it. At times, it feels like a kid-friendly survival horror game in in the style of Resident Evil. It's actually a great idea in my opinion (kids love the idea of scary things, but most scary/horror themed games are aimed at adults). It is a fun game, but has aged somewhat.

The second game is pretty bad in my opinion. I found the bosses and mansions completely forgettable and unremarkable. I didn't like how it was split up into more linear levels (or missions I think they called them). I get that it was done because of the hardware, but still...

The third one is probably objectively speaking the best one in terms of the gameplay, boss fights and the overall design. However, the tone of the game and mood has moved in a different direction since the first game, which was much creepier and more horror oriented.

They blocked the Dojo at my work! :( It's ok, I can still loophole it ;)

I was waiting for Puyo Puyo N to come in and since it did yesterday, I am going to embark on the rest of the Puyo Puyo titles on Sega consoles, but currently just doing a season on NFL 2K2, to get me ready for the NFL season :)

Mortal-Kombat-1-1-860x484.png

Somehow didn’t realize Bomb Rush Cyberfunk had a release date but was pleasantly surprised it was today, so I’ve been playing that the last few hours and really enjoying it so far. Music, art style, character designs, all great, there’s even a story that’s a bit more involved but doesn’t interrupt gameplay too much. I can’t really compare to Jet Set Radio Future, but having played the first one at least, this one feels much more fluid and even a bit more dynamic to the point where it feels like every time I mess up I’m not blaming the camera or weird physics lol. The only thing is I’m hoping there will be more than the three main characters so far to play as.

I’ve been playing Bomb Rush Cyberfunk as well. I am about two hours in and find the gameplay much easier to get into than JSR and Future. To be fair though, I have not completed any of the JSR games, but I played enough to get to a point where I would feel frustrated by the janky controls getting in the way of an otherwise cool game.

I love how the combo system works in BRC, it’s simple to understand and once you get the hang of it, getting larger combos doesn't just feel like luck. I was also surprised about the story, since JSR is not very story driven; it’s very cool to see a successor of an iconic franchise trying to do their own thing with it.

I have been following this project since it was first announced, and as someone who loves the style and feel of both JSRs, this game almost feels like a sequel, and an example of what Sega should’ve done with the franchise.

i completed the main stories in crash bandicoot trilogy and crash bandicoot 4, now i'm back playing uncharted. i'm on uncharted 3 (ps4)and plan to replay uncharted 4. - i agree with others online, the uncharted series is definitely better than TLOU.

crash bandicoot 4 really pops graphically on the ps5 and the story is pretty good. the game has lots of "easy" levels (easy as in, you don't want to throw your controller at the tv) but then they throw out an almost impossible challenge.. some sections have to be done with precision but also speed..:censored:

i've got a few more ps plus games to play, like alan wake and infamous second son.

..i'm still waiting for them to fix jedi survivor :hmm: ps5 and xbox should have a strict rule about not allowing buggy / broken games on their consoles, like nintendo. ( i think i'm correct in saying that?)

Beat Puyo Puyo 2 last night and it was oodles of fun: love the offset and was miffed that it wasn't introduced yet in the first game.

Ultimately, I do like 1 more, but 2 is the better game.

Either going to start on the GG version of 2 tonight or may start on Sun.

Backlog back down to 105 from 106.

Since my last post I’ve finished Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and it’s perhaps my second favorite game this year, crashes and some jank aside. So much style and fun movement, great music and characters. Not much bad to say about it at all.

Had played through both Mario 3D World and Bowser’s Fury for my first time. Both were…interesting. But ultimately less fun than a ton of other games in the series. 3D was better than I’d expected, but still pretty bland and I just do not care to get the remaining 18 stars I need to see the last level. Inversely, Bowser’s DLC was fun at first and has some neat ideas, but it’s not very polished and I just don’t know that it’s a very good test for going forward with an open world design unfortunately.

Most recently has been Armored Core 6. Wasn’t going to get it considering Elden Ring didn’t impress, but I thought how similar could a mech game be? Glad it’s a bit more like Metal Wolf Chaos(though I wish it was just a direct sequel). So far I’ve enjoyed it a lot more, though I’m not far yet. Beat the juggernaut on my first try, knowing what I do though I’m sure the first real boss will be more of a challenge. It’s my first AC game but I can kind of see where older fans are coming from when insufferable souls fangirls are barging in with the same tired “whiners should just go play cod”. Kind of telling they do considering seamless coop players have left these toxic pos to play by themselves.

Edit: I’m glad to finally have another game in the emblem maker genre than Black Ops.

Attachments

• ac_mui_done.png
    ac_mui_done.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Since my last post I’ve finished Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and it’s perhaps my second favorite game this year, crashes and some jank aside. So much style and fun movement, great music and characters. Not much bad to say about it at all.

sounds good. i will definitely check it out soon.

i saw online some of the music in bomb rush cyberfunk is by 2mello from youtube. ive been following his music for a while and he is pretty good.

one of his new albums -

Last edited:
Picked up Texas ChainSaw Massacre (PS5) to play co-op with a buddy. It's fun enough but I'm not sure how they keep the interest there unless they add more maps and unlockables. Dead by Daylight has done it right with the constant updates of content.

Currently, there are a few glitches that take away from the experience of Chainsaw. First and foremost, there's either a glitch or a cheat (cross play with PC guys -- rolls eyes), where the survivors can stun you as a killer and makes it so you can't interact with anything but doors for the rest of the match. Pretty sure it's supposed to be a stun that works for about 30 seconds... not the rest of the match. So, the developer has a lot to address before making more content.

sounds good. i will defiantly check it out soon.

i saw online some of the music in bomb rush cyberfunk is by 2mello from youtube. ive been following his music for a while and he is pretty good.

one of his new albums -
Why would you be defiant? Did the game do something to you? ;)

Anyways, there is an issue with my GG Puyo Puyo 2 in that it doesn't work! I've tried and tried and tried but it just doesn't boot up, so I am going to attempt to offload/sell it to the local games shop that repairs games (yes, there is one here that repairs things!), as no end-user will want to buy a broken game. Stupid me.

Anyways, will be attempting Sun, soon :)

Why would you be defiant? Did the game do something to you? ;)

Anyways, there is an issue with my GG Puyo Puyo 2 in that it doesn't work! I've tried and tried and tried but it just doesn't boot up, so I am going to attempt to offload/sell it to the local games shop that repairs games (yes, there is one here that repairs things!), as no end-user will want to buy a broken game. Stupid me.

Anyways, will be attempting Sun, soon :)
Aggg-spit into that cartridge and insert while dripping. Drool seems to be semiconductive for the sprites. I really saw this working several times.

Been giving a little over an hour to AC6 every day, every other day now my uncle is visiting for a week. Trying to make the most of my time while unemployed at least. Part way into chapter 3 I think, got all of the C rank fights done. I thought the C-spider was harder than Balteus, to the contrary of many others who seem to say that’s the hardest for them in the entire game. Wasn’t a fan of the jank stealth mission but otherwise everything else has been pretty fun. I feel that compared to Souls games, there’s a lot more room for tactics here in maneuverability as well as easily being able to change up equipment, as well as without all the filler between stuff, making it all feel like less of a slog and more tense rather than annoying. Aside from that I can’t stop picturing Walter as Mondo from Killer is Dead, kind of fitting with the talk of it all being a job. The coral stuff may as well be malice, too.

One game I’d thought of maybe trying out was Starfield, but ultimately I think it’s safe to skip out on it entirely. My first Bethesda game, hell my first real open world rpg of its kind was Fallout 3, and I’d enjoyed it for the most part back then, but many years later I’d found New Vegas to be the much better game. That point was especially made when 4 came out and was really just a watered down retread of 3 with some really pointless and half baked additions. I didn’t bother getting very far when I found base building didn’t matter when enemies can just spawn inside or around it lol. 76…we don’t need to talk about it but I did not touch it at all.

I also remember not thinking Oblivion was all that great, but in comparison Skyrim was far more casual. Still dumb fun, I have to admit, but a lot of the RP elements don’t really matter considering you can master pretty much anything without much work or consequences. I always hear how good Morrowind was, I’m sure it’s better in many ways but it feels like one game that I would not be able to go back to due to old jank.

I see many comparing Starfield to Outer Worlds, I can sort of see that, but the thing is that the OW devs were completely upfront about the smaller scope due to limited budget and team size, and they certainly played to their own strengths. Some may not like it but I had a blast with it, and still have yet to try the DLC for it. Bethesda, on the other hand, well…I will be honest and say I have not kept up to date on all the details, but it feels to me from seeing some news on it as well as some fan expectations up to release, people were made to think it would be full on space exploration with actual full on planets to explore, at least on par with No Man’s Sky.

Turns out that’s not the case at all, with the spaceship crafting not mattering much at all when most travel is done through static menus and cutscenes, and many “planets” are just barren instances that may or may not load randomly generated points of interest. And going off of that, multiple reviewers have counted seeing multiples of the same exact outposts or caves within just a few hours of playtime. Even “unrealistic expectations” aside, how is this acceptable? Especially from Bethesda. Seems they’ve figured out how to skimp out on the one thing they were any decent at, trading handcrafted worlds for procedural generation.

And what do they have to offer after that? Outer Worlds has plenty of great characters, an interesting plot, good writing, plenty of minor and major choices, very interesting perks and leveling. Bethesda has always seemed to offer far more bland stories with little choice, and if Fallout 4 is anything to go by they don’t even want to really make it an RPG anymore. But I hear it’s worse than that. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I hear that things like lockpicking altogether are stuck behind perks, when in previous games you could at least do basic level stuff from the get go. Man, this sounds like a trash fire I hope no other devs follow suit with.

I beat Puyo Puyo Sun yesterday!

Easily my favourite of the series thus far, it was a ton of fun and I like that you have a wide range of difficulties to choose froma nd the AI isn't merciless.

Great stuff though, will play it again today and may start on N on the Dreamcast, tonight.

... and I tried N last night, beat it as well! Great little game, lots to do, good plot (Sun's is better though!), the only disappointment is the music, which is good in terms of quality, but VERY drab and it doesn't fit with the game at all, IMO.

Good stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the series and it has easily broken the top 10 for my favourite videogame series ever. Now will need to branch out to Waku Waku Puyo Dungeon and Madoh Monogatari...

... but not until next year. ;)

Backlog now sits at 101. I'll see if I can start something small before RGG Gaiden comes in to bring me below 100 :)

Back