What did you miss when playing Shenmue 3?

- Transition and location shots, my main problem with cutscenes are the Ren in the deck ones. It is a minor complain, but for a slow pace game abrupt cuts have a weird feel
- More interesting capsule toys. I understand the licensing problems, but I love the Chibi Shenmue ones and the arcade cabinets one, don't care a shit about the rest
- A proper mandatory fighting tournament, love Rose Garden but miss something more related to the plot, like in Kwoloon
- Shenhua's conversations in Niaowu

What I miss the most for now.
- Directional inputs for moves, buttons combinaisons feel random.
- Taking and rotating lockable objects and capsule toys.
- Camera traveling for dialogues with npcs.
- Talking to the wandering npcs of niaowu.

- A proper mandatory fighting tournament, love Rose Garden but miss something more related to the plot, like in Kowloon

This. Would have loved it if...
you got the reverse body check as a prize from the Rose Garden rather than having to grind to pay for it. This would have also helped explain Ryo’s progression as at present, GMB goes from telling you that your Kung Fu isn’t good enough to suddenly deciding that it is with no actual progression just because you bought the scroll. I think the game forces you to spa with Mr. Hsu and do horse stance a couple of times, but beating the best fighters in Niaowu would have made more sense.

This. Would have loved it if...
you got the reverse body check as a prize from the Rose Garden rather than having to grind to pay for it. This would have also helped explain Ryo’s progression as at present, GMB goes from telling you that your Kung Fu isn’t good enough to suddenly deciding that it is with no actual progression just because you bought the scroll. I think the game forces you to spa with Mr. Hsu and do horse stance a couple of times, but beating the best fighters in Niaowu would have made more sense.

You do have to beat fighters for GMB to recognise your Kung Fu is of a high enough standard though. He sends you to beat White Dragon and won’t teach you the move until then.

Back