What do we know about the DLC?

Rakim

なんまいだー
I saw a couple mentions of the assets already being on the game data in other threads, but can't find an all encompassing thread to get up to speed.

What kind of stuff are we talking about? Anything major? Is any of it playable yet through mods? Fill a brother in.

The story DLC doesn't sound very consequential based on those trophies. I'm holding out hope that the DLC will provide at least some much needed meat to the story cuz I'm disappointed in the lack of new information in Shenmue 3 proper.

My hope is that the story dlc takes place right after the castle but before they leave on the boat. Maybe Ryo talks to Zhang about what happened and he tells him who Niao Sun is and that there are more Chi You Men leaders. I'm gonna temper my expectations though, it could be nothing major in terms of actual story.

Last edited:
The story DLC doesn't sound very consequential based on those trophies. I'm holding out hope that the DLC will provide at least some much needed meat to the story cuz I'm disappointed in the lack of new information in Shenmue 3 proper.

I would temper your expectations. Obviously I don’t know for certain but I would be really surprised if we get significant more information, especially regarding the games central mysterious in the DLC. Also consider only one of them is story centred.

Judging from the trophies it seems the story dlc focuses on Yanlang. I think Yanlang is Zhang Shuqing, right?

So the only story dlc is about the Bailu Mr Muscles.

I'm devastated... Even with the dlc there is little hope of getting any story out of S3.

18 years of waiting to find out how the story goes on... I mean S2 literally ends with the screen text "The story goes on" and the game we dreamed about for half of our lives finally comes out and the story doesn't go on. Nothing happens.

It's not like I had my hopes up for the dlc but it seems that it won't have anything to do with the main story. Which is typical of dlcs usually. So no surprise there.

Most of the time DLC doesn't have main story stuff, they usually do some sidestory.
It would be quite a shitty practice to sell main story on a DLC.

Back