What easter eggs would you like to see in Shenmue III?

ShenGCH

Who the fuck is Coco, bitch?!
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
In your wildest dreams, what easter eggs would you like to see in Shenmue III?

I can't see them doing this due to how obscure it is, but I would love to see Mark's lunch casually floating down one of the game's many rivers at around lunch time on a particular day of each month.

After seeing the Yu Suzuki capsule toy in the latest update, capsule toys of people behind Shenmue's development would be pretty cool. E.g. Corey Marshall ect.

Ryo dreaming in Dreamcast graphics, then meeting Suzuki in the hometown arcade.

I hope they don't put in too much stuff like this. It would be a buzzkill if the game broke the fourth wall too much or was overly self-referential. I'm sure they'll come up with subtle ways to do fun stuff like this though.
Such as Ryo grimacing at some planks laid out on the ground? :p

I would love for some old crone in a village to listen to the CoolZ track on a walkman, or the muffled sound of it being played through in a room at the Choubu Inn ?

Maybe a discarded potato chip bag, with the shenua's picture on it, in a trash can ?
A subtle reference to shenmue online could also work.

Capsule toys of some of the Shenmue 1 & 2 cast. It would be kinda cool to buy one and see that its Fuku San or Ine San.

Some things I'd love to see:

- A flower shop with a nod to Nozomi in it's name.
- A field of white leaves near Bailu Village and Ryo pulls his out his bag to reflect.
- Forklift Racing, of course.

Ryo enters a local soup shop. The shop owner has a scar on his cheek and long, braided hair. Ryo orders some lunch and the owner serves Ryo. He says "Sit down, I'll allow you to dine like a warrior..."

Ryo enters a local soup shop. The shop owner has a scar on his cheek and long, braided hair. Ryo orders some lunch and the owner serves Ryo. He says "Sit down, I'll allow you to dine like a warrior..."
Owner: "Do you remember beef chow mein?"
Ryo: "Huh?"
Owner: "That's the name of the dish I learned in Meng Cun."

I can think of a few Shenmue Dojo members who deserve to be in the game as NPCs.

Since Yakuza has recently paid homage to Shenmue, maybe Shenmue can pay homage to Yakuza?
If YSNet can use Sega IPs I would love to have some Kiryu capsule toys

Back