What fighting games have you guy's experimented/played with?

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
Tho I've never mastered or taken them srsly, I've played:

1.) MvC1+2
2.) Street Fighter 2+Alpha 2+Third strike
3.) Tekken 4-6
4.) SC2-5
5.) VF2+4+5
6.) SNKvC2
7.)KOF98-2002+2006
8.)SamSho1-3
9.)Last Blade 1-2
10.) Waku Waku
11.) Art of Fighting
12.) Clayfighter
13.) Princess fighter
14.) Meltyblood
15.) Primal Rage
16.) Smash Bros(All entries)
17.) Customized MUGEN
18.) Mortal Kombat 1-3
19.) Onimusha Warlords(Fighters)
20.) Double Dragon(Fighters)
21.) NinjaStorm 2-4
22.) TatsunakoVCapcom

How bout you guys?

I know it is a HUGE faux pas.... I have owned Soul Calibur for Dreamcast two or three times and I always sell because I don't really love as much as everyone else. Definitely a fun, simple, addictive and gorgeous, yet I always go back to VF3. Despite being shunned in the shadow of SC back in the day because of being Model 3 rather than Naomi (btw, wish Dreamcast lasted just another year not only for Shenmue 3, but also VF4 among all other early 3rd party like Sonic Heroes, PSO ep 2, Jet Set Future, Gun Valkyrie, Super Monkey Ball etc), it is still an easy enough for a casual like me and also technical enough to feel good to learn. Relation with Shenmue doesn't hurt either. Same exact with Dead or Alive 2; simple fun and gorgous game owned and sold a few different times. Meh.

Also, somehow VF3 looks better now than before. Obviously SC and DOA2 are two of the best DC visually, Model 3 gfx still respectable today.

Always sucked at 2D fighters, so never really play them much.

Yakuza gives me a fighter fix too, but complete opposite of VF. Shenmue is to VF and Yakuza is to Spikeout, iirc.

Love a good 3D beat em up brawler just as much as a technical 3D fighter.

Really wanna play SpikeOut someday...

MK1
MK2
MK3 Ultimate
MK3 Trilogy
MK4
MK Deception
MK Shaolin Monks counts?
MK Armagedon
MK9
MK11 (2 hours)

I'm not gonna go through the whole list...but I do play quite a bit of Tekken 7 online these days. Well over 1000 hours at this point. That's been my main go to as of late.

Ahhh screw it

Street Fighter 2 -- My first ever fighting game as a wee lad!

Mortal Kombat -- My second fighting game as a wee lad! (I had cool parents that didn't realize what I was playing! ;))

Mortal Kombat II -- Despite the broken as fuck, input reading cheating AI...I love everything else about this game! Shame about the broken AI though.

Mortal Kombat III

Street Fighter 2 and its many variations -- because I couldn't be bothered listing them all.

Virtua Fighter -- it wowed the hell out of me back in 94
Virtua Fighter 2 -- it wowed the hell out of me even more and is still in my top ten of all time! (no joke)
Virtua Fighter 3 -- It wowed me graphically speaking but I must admit, I never liked the addition of the evade button.
Virtua Fighter 4 -- Played the fucking hell out of it on PS2! Loved it!
Virtua Fighter 5 -- Was partially the reason I bought a PS3 at launch. (The AU launch had VF5 as a launch title)

Tekken 3 -- My first introduction to Tekken. Tekken 3 is a hell of a game but my heart remained with Virtua Fighter.
Tekken Tag Tournament -- Late night sessions of Tekken Bowl with friends was always a lot of fun!
Tekken 4 -- Appreciated the bold changes it tried to make but didn't spend enough time with it to truly invest in it.
Tekken 5 -- Tekken 5 was pretty good. I spent a fair chunk of time with it.
Tekken 6 -- Played a lot of the PSP version. Really liked that PSP version (for some reason)
Tekken 7 -- Probably the first Tekken game I ever devoted time to and truly tried to learn as it was my first adventure in online with fighting games.

Dead or Alive (series in general) -- I appreciate it but never really got balls deep into it (take that as you will ;) )

Mortal Kombat franchise in general -- I liked Mortal Kombat 9 a whole bunch! Felt like a nice return to formula after the franchise dipped its toes in trying to become a 3D fighter with the PS2 games. Those games weren't bad experiments, but MK9 felt like Mortal Kombat as I knew and loved it. I feel like the return to 2D did Mortal Kombat well. That game should stay as a 2D fighter.

Injustice 2 -- I really liked Injustice 2 and played a whole bunch of Catwoman online. I think my lust for it died though because there were too many fucking spammers online and it just got dull. I haven't gone back to it in quite some time, but I remember playing the hell out of Catwoman just because she had some awesome combos.

Street Fighter IV -- I liked Street Fighter IV well enough. Played a fair bit of it on PS3.

Soul Calibur -- I LOVE SOUL CALIBUR ON THE DREAMCAST...and yet, I've never warmed up to any of the sequels. I don't get it. I really love Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, but its sequels never did anything for me.

Persona 4 Arena -- I did play a whole bunch of Persona 4 Arena. Just because I really love Persona 4. My first and only Arc Systems Work game. I liked it well enough, but I'm still more of a 3D fighter guy as opposed to 2D Anime Fighter guy.

Street Fighter franchise in general -- I'm not gonna list every Street Fighter or Capcom game because there are too fucking many to list. But I always loved the Alpha series. Also, Street Fighter III Third Strike is a hell of a game with the parry system. Oh and the cross overs were always a lot of fun.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3.
VF 2, 3 and 4.
KoF 1996 and 2002.
Capcom vs SNK 2.

II've played countless other fighting games but these are the ones I've put effort in. I'd say I was at one point quite good at the SF games and CvS2, semi-good at the KoF titles and kind of ok at the VF games, although I didn't play 4 as much as the other two.

The ones i've really put serious time into would be:

Virtua Fighter 2, 3, 5 and FS
King of Fighters '96 and 2002
Garou Mark of the Wolves
Street Fighter Alpha 2, 3rd Strike and V
Soul Calibur
Capcom Vs SNK 1 & 2
Fighters Megamix

I really miss Sega fighting games....

Killer Instinct (2013) is one of the best fighting games ever made... possibly even THE best. I have no idea why it's not on anyone's list! I've been playing regularly since launch. Every time I try another fighter, I am underwhelmed and just go back to KI.

All of the Mortal Kombat titles. Easily the best fighting game franchise hands down during each generation. Outside of MK I have enjoyed to a much lesser degree the Tekken games, Dead or Alive 5 and 6, Bushido Blade 1 and 2, Killer Instinct SNES, all of the SoulCalibur games, Wu Tang vs Shaolin.

Other titles I either didn't enjoy at all, wasn't my cup of tea or that I thought were just 'ok' at best:

All Super Smash Bros games(enjoyed the N64 one when I was younger)
Injustice 1 & 2 (very well made by the MK creators, just not a fan of DC in general)
Killer Instinct Xbox One
Killer Instinct N64
All other DOA games
Bio FREAKS
Thrillkill
King of Fighters games
Mace
War Gods
All of the Street Fighters
All of the Virtua Fighters
Darkstalkers
Guilty Gear games
Fighting Vipers
Fighters Megamix
All of the Marvel/Capcom games
King of the Monsters
Virtual On
Battle Arena Toshinden
Bloody Roar
Persona
Tao Feng
Primal Rage
Clayfighter games
Shaq Fu
Skullgirls
Girl Fight
Rumble Roses
Fatal Fury games
Ballz
Cardinal Syn
Dark Rift
Ehrgeiz
Pokken Tournament
PowerStone games
Rival Schools
Sonic The Fighters
Destrega
Fighters Destiny games
Tobal
Vs.

I'm sure there's more, but this is what comes to mind right now.

I tried out the following Series: Tekken, Dead or Alive, Rival l Schools, Marvels vs Capom, SNK vs Capcom, Cardinal Syn, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur Last Bronx, Bushido Blade, Star Gladiator; Kensei and Toshiden

My favourites are the old DOA Games 1 and 2, Rvial Schools, the Capcom VS Games, Virtua Fighter 1 to 3, Bushido Blade and Last Bronx.

I am also into 2d fighting games now. Got a some SNK Titles for my PS4/PS5, ( Garou, Fatal Fury 2 and Art of Fighting 2 ) and I really enjoy them so far.

I also want to get Last Blade 1 or, and the 2d Street Fighters in the near future.

Maybe I will also give the classic Mortal Kombat games a Chance.

Killer Instinct (2013) is one of the best fighting games ever made... possibly even THE best. I have no idea why it's not on anyone's list! I've been playing regularly since launch. Every time I try another fighter, I am underwhelmed and just go back to KI.
Been playing a lot of Killer instinct recently on gamepass. Its an incredible game. I use to play it back in the 90s in the arcades. Ended up getting killer instinct gold on the n64 back then too.

Been playing a lot of Killer instinct recently on gamepass. Its an incredible game. I use to play it back in the 90s in the arcades. Ended up getting killer instinct gold on the n64 back then too.
Oh yeah, I played KI so much back in the day on SNES and then KI Gold on N64. I believe the new KI on Xbox is better than the originals in every way. Better graphics, sound, music, combo system, balance, characters, etc. It's just a masterpiece of a fighting game in my opinion. I'm ranked #6 in the world for ranked Aganos wins (that's how much I've played it)!

Oh yeah, I played KI so much back in the day on SNES and then KI Gold on N64. I believe the new KI on Xbox is better than the originals in every way. Better graphics, sound, music, combo system, balance, characters, etc. It's just a masterpiece of a fighting game in my opinion. I'm ranked #6 in the world for ranked Aganos wins (that's how much I've played it)!
Damn, thats awesome. Im using Jago and orchid at the moment. I wanna get to grips with fulgore and general ram

My main game is dragonball fighterz. Really good at that. Im planning to play king of fighters 15 hard!!!

Fighting Games used to be my absolute favourite genre, until I dug into 'mue, Yakuza and other Action/Adventure titles, thus I've played quite a bit:

MK (Genesis, SMS and GG)
MK2
MK3
UMK3
MK: T
MK: Gold
Primal Rage
VF (Saturn, 32X)
VF2 (<3)
VF3 (2 copies on DC)
VF Kids
VF Remix
Fighters Megamix (<3)
Fighting Vipers
Fighting Vipers 2
Last Bronx (<3)
Calibur (<3)
Tekken 3 (<3 lol)
Goiken Muyou: Anarchy in the Nippon (Supremely-underrated)
Shaq Fu (<3)
Golden Axe: The Duel
Budokan: the Martial Spirit
Cosmic Carnage
DOA
DOA2 (2 copies on DC)
Project Justice (<3, 2 copies on DC)
UFC
Weaponlord
Dragonball Z: Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu
Final Fight Revenge (<3)
Suiko Enbu
Street Fighter: The Movie
Chobu-Chan Fighter ;)

Those are the ones I own. For the ones I've played on top of this:

Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
MVC
MVC2
Tekken Tag (<3)
Tekken 4
Tekken 5
Tekken 7
Calibur II (<3)
Calibur III

Probably more, but can't think of any right now. I have viewed a ton of fighting games in person as well, however.

For Brawlers (which are technically a fighting game, but not traditional):

Power Stone
Power Stone 2 (<3)
Keriotosse!
Steeldom
Virtual On
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
Spawn: in the Demon's Hand
Heavy Metal Geomatrix (<3)
Ooga Booga

Ones I don't own:

SSB
SSB Melée

Played the SF games up to Third Strike. The EX games were underrated.

Big Tekken fan. I'm not feeling the rage arts in Tekken 7. I have an irrational hatred for having Akuma in a Tekken game.

Played VF in the 90s. Loved Taka Arashi.

Played some 90s SNK, mostly what was on the SNES. Samurai Showdown 3 was popping in the arcade. Got a whole slew of free SNK games out of nowhere last week on Prime Games.

Had Soul Edge on PS1 and Soul Calibur for DC. Both quality.

I played a bunch of Tobal No. 1. Tobal 2 could have been unbelievably great had they not chosen to put in projectiles.

The only fighting games I’ve played are a little Street Fighter(mostly 2 on SNES) and Smash Bros, and only pretty casually. I guess I’m just not very competitive for the most part.

Back