What game would you like to be made?

As we are all Shenmue fans and know what it means to wait a god damn age for a game, I am curious about what games, sequels, remakes or completely made up, would you like to be developed?

What inspired me about this topic was some time ago I played a demo for a game called Rollcage. This must have been almost 20 years ago (I am getting old) and I remember it being one of my favourite games despite never actually buying it and just playing the demo. Forward on a few years, this game has been something that I would always think about every now and again and then it was announced that a spiritual successor with GRIP was to be released. Purchased GRIP as soon as it went on sale despite the reviews being quite mediocre. I just had to purchase it as it was almost like I wished the game into assistance.

Other games would be a faithful remake of MGS1, a Powerstone sequel and a new instalment in the Conflict (Desert Storm etc.) series with fully co-op

What inspired me about this topic was some time ago I played a demo for a game called Rollcage. This must have been almost 20 years ago (I am getting old) and I remember it being one of my favourite games despite never actually buying it and just playing the demo. Forward on a few years, this game has been something that I would always think about every now and again and then it was announced that a spiritual successor with GRIP was to be released. Purchased GRIP as soon as it went on sale despite the reviews being quite mediocre. I just had to purchase it as it was almost like I wished the game into assistance.

I'm a massive fan of Rollcage (especially Rollcage: Stage II) and was quite disappointed with GRIP. I know it was made by the same developers, but it doesn't feel like it - it feels like someone making a sequel from screenshots of the originals, and has none of the feeling of the original.

Aside from a better Rollcage sequel, I'd also like an OutRun 3. It's been over a decade since the last real release.

Also a new Blinx that's like the first one but that controls like the second one.

im a fan of pre-rendered, fixed camera angle games (ps1 era), other than the upcoming fear effect remake, those types of games are dead.

the resident evil 1 gamecube remake was great but i want to see a fixed camera angle game (horror or story driven) which is photo realistic and is aimed at adults.

and the same for a light gun game, if its pre-rendered you could created something very realistic (no?)

A new Omikron/Nomad Soul game. Not only a cool story and world, but a gameplay concept that's been criminally unstolen by the industry: taking control of the first character to touch you when you die, gaining access to their home, their job, etc. That idea could be expanded in so many ways on modern hardware.

But Quantic Dream's pigeonholed into making interactive movies now, so it really is up to other companies to pick up the baton and do something new with it.

A new Omikron/Nomad Soul game. Not only a cool story and world, but a gameplay concept that's been criminally unstolen by the industry: taking control of the first character to touch you when you die, gaining access to their home, their job, etc. That idea could be expanded in so many ways on modern hardware.

But Quantic Dream's pigeonholed into making interactive movies now, so it really is up to other companies to pick up the baton and do something new with it.

not the same but your description of that game reminds me of the pc game, messiah (2000). it didnt get great reviews but i enjoyed it back in the day.

A new Outrun, a new Hang-On, a sequel to the original Quake, and a sequel to the original Thief games. A new Postal game like Postal 2 would be pretty sweet, too.

Virtua Fighter 6...that is all! :)

Actually there are few others

Persona 4: Chapter 2 -- Because I genuinely love these characters and want to see another story involving them. I think it would be really cool if they took these characters and did an IT Chapter 2 type deal with them...as in catch up with them as adults. Have them thrown into another predicament where the other world is coming back into our world and it's up to them to come back to Inaba and put things right again. If there was ever a series to do it then this is the one. Imagine the social links, where you now have these characters as adults dealing with mid life crisis and such. Considering these games wrestle with conflict of identity and coming of age and such, why not do a sequel where these characters have grown up and are now dealing with new life conflicts? I would mark the hell out for something like this. That's how much I loved these characters and just want another adventure with them.

Final Fantasy VIII remake -- I really want to see FF VIII running on modern hardware, but at the same time, I kind of don't. Because Square seems to hate turn based stuff lately and I don't know if I want a bastardized version of FFVIII that plays more like FFXV (which is what that FFVII remake looks to be.) But I can't help but want to see FFVIII with a visual overhaul.

inFamous 3 -- forget Delson Rowe. I want a true sequel with Cole MacGrath. I don't know how they'd do it given the ending(s) of inFamous 2 but I really want a continuation of Cole's story.

I'm also in the boat for a new Hang On, as motorcycle racing games are super few and far-between.

Plus, they are the best Arcade motorcycle racers ever, so yeah, no brainer.

I would like to see a few spinoffs/prequels:

1. They already did a prequel with 0, but I'm still holding out hope for a Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza prequel from around post WWII and the rise to prominence for the Tojo Clan, including all of the old guys of the series who got their start,
  2. A spinoff title for Shenmue, be it Ren, Gui Zhang, Joy, whomever.
  3. A spinoff for Kurohyo, to either end off Tatsuya's story or to somehow meld it together with Ichiban's, bringing him into the main-game universe.
  4. A Sega-themed Mascot Brawler, ala Power Stone in terms of gameplay/system and Smash Brothers in terms of Fanservice, that feature levels, items and characters from the entirety of Sega's Canon.

That last one is probably something I would want more than anything else and don't muck it up with half the game being Sonic.

OMG fuck yes! I remember way back then, Omikron 2 was planned for PS2, but it was shelved in favor of Fahrenheit. Also, a new Evil Twin or Headhunter for contemporary consoles.

I'd be super down with Evil Twin.

HH was wrapped up with the second game; unless it forced and shoehorned, I can't see another one made.

Time for a second post here:

Jet Set Radio 3. Much like Blinx, I'd like one that's like the first game but that controls like the second game; however, I also like the open-world nature of the second game and the two don't really mix, and I think being open-world again has a lot more potential. So just another JSRF I guess.

Chu Chu Rocket, a game that was designed with online play, has been ported to a few other platforms. For some reason, however, they're avoiding all the platforms which support online play. This madness needs to end.

Seconding a new Skies of Arcadia. Even if it's a completely different story, I just want to be back in that world again, doing something new.

I have a several-hundred-page document of game designs that I won't share, but I do have one idea that I thought was interesting but any attempts to develop it make it awful:

It's a typical FPS, but you play as a guy in a wheelchair. To move around you have to wheel yourself everywhere. It'd be controlled with two trackballs and a lightgun (for maximum realism), and you lack the ability to move in any meaningful way and shoot at the same time (as doing so requires three hands).

I'd like to see someone make that work, because I sure as hell can't.

I'd be super down with Evil Twin.

HH was wrapped up with the second game; unless it forced and shoehorned, I can't see another one made.

just think theres a ton of gaps in the time for random storylines pre-HH or between the two. Much like how I'd wanna to see/play a Solid Snake comeback with some missions between MG1 and MG2. If not, some of the Snake Tales fully animated, plus some more between MGS1 and MGS2. Love how Kojima went for fleshing out Big Boss' missions between MGS3 and MG1--despite melting down behind the scenes, unfortunately.

This one will seem odd with Red Dead being the de facto western game now however, around 20054/2005 a western game called GUN came out and I enjoyed it quite a lot and still want a sequel.

I'd love to see a sequel to Dead Ball Zone if I'm being honest. I have a weakness for dystopian sports stuff and I remember that game being really fun. I also think there's potential for it to be expanded upon in a fun way.

Once Yu Suzuki's goal has been accomplished with Shenmue I'd love to see a Shenmue X Yakuza game. Maybe also throw Judgement in there as well.

Super Smash Bros vs Sega game. I believe this game would be perfect. Sonic is already in Smash so this would make perfect sense. The advertising, momentumand selling of this game would be insane. All they would have to do is reignite the Nintendo vs Sega console wars. Imagine Sonic getting the door down at a Nintendo investment meeting looking for Mario and holding Shuntaro Furukawa hostage lol. That would be dope.

Um... no Ninty and Sega.

Let us Sega fans have a game for ourselves, for once!

Back