what has happened to Shenhua's clothes? Am i the only one bothered by this?

Aki

Why are Shenhua's clothes changed in the cave in Shenmue 3?

We know really well her clothes from the ending of Shenmue 2 , even the recap movie shows her in the cave in her original clothes.
And right after this Shenmue 3 shows her in the cave wearing that new yellow one. I thought she would change clothes at some point in the game.
But I find starting the game like this really careless and it is really disappointing for me. It is like a huge continuity error that the game is pushing in the player's face.

Am I the only one who is really bothered by the unexplainable new clothes?

The new outfit is growing on me but yeah.. I miss the old outfit.

I think that, since its been 20 years since Shnemue 2 Yu Suzuki felt he could more easily ret-con this without a fuss.

DLC YsNet......please?

I haven't played yet but you can put me on the side of bothered by all the retcon even if there isn't many, I wouldn't be as bothered by it in a game where story and atmosphere aren't a focus but it is one of this game.

Why are Shenhua's clothes changed in the cave in Shenmue 3?

We know really well her clothes from the ending of Shenmue 2 , even the recap movie shows her in the cave in her original clothes.
And right after this Shenmue 3 shows her in the cave wearing that new yellow one. I thought she would change clothes at some point in the game.
But I find starting the game like this really careless and it is really disappointing for me. It is like a huge continuity error that the game is pushing in the player's face.

Am I the only one who is really bothered by the unexplainable new clothes?

There are other things to be bothered about, much more so than her clothing.

I noticed it, yeah. But it's not that big of a deal. She has the right to change her clothes after 18 years.

She has the right to change her clothes after 18 years.

Yes she has the right to change it. But change it at home then. Not in the same space and time when and where she already wears something else.

Its an alternate universe, everything that happened in Shenmue 1 and 2 happened, apart from Shenhua got up that morning and put on a different set of clothes, all will be explained in Shenmue Universe, which is coming out 2036 exclusive on the Google Stadia.

I do miss the old outfit, but I don't really have much of a problem with the new one.

I see Shenhua as a Cinderella type character. It feels like Yu wants her to be a plain, unassuming girl at the beginning. But if you look at some of the art for the original two games you see her in a more regal attire. So I feel like some of that plainness would have eventually fallen away and shown that she is more like a princess.

But I still think her yellow top and beret-like hat portray her more like she’s the beauty of the town instead of a tomboy. So for that reason I don’t really dig the new clothes. Not a horrible offense by any stretch though.

The new clothes does not look bad and I don't have problem with her getting new clothes.
My problem is the way how she gets them.

Yeah I wish they at least rendered her dress from Shenmue II then she could've changed as her house was on the way between the cave and the bridge. Nitpicky and considering the tight budget I get that they didn't want to waste precious money to create that model for only 30 seconds. Still though its a nag for me.

Back