What's your favorite and most disappointed scene in Shenmue III?

Favorite: Mine would have to be the phone call with Tom. That was pretty deep, and I think the English voice actor did a great job.

Dissapointment: Hearing Lan-Di's voice. What the fuck.

Favourite: Ryo getting smashed in the face with a fire extinguisher. That had me in stitches.

Least: Hmm probably the opening walk into Bailu, not because of what was said but the editing there.

Favorite: When you save the woman/vendor from that one Red Snake guy with the brown pants. Music during that scene was excellent. Made Ryo really feel like an accomplished martial arts hero.

Least: The poorly timed comedic moment with Ren right before the Lan Di fight. Major eye roll.

Favorite: Ryo training before leaving bailu at night with the shenmue theme playing.
Disappointment: The ending, specially the brrom girl and fat guy scenes, they are just detrimental, them defeating guys like they were flies and in a comedic way, kinda lowers what you have been doing. Also I don't really care about those characters (and don't really know why I should).

Favourite: Ryo sparring with Grandmaster Bei on the raft. And not getting a hit in.

Least: Most of the most of the Old Cstle sequence. The odd attempts at comedy at the most crucial point in the game. It was very jarring.

Favorite - Ren getting whooped by Muscles THUG

least - searching for ruby rings and plates before the biggest battle of the game...What?!

least pt. 2 - “Ryo I wanna know more about you” x100

Favorite That's really hard to decide.

Least The Bell Tower Puzzle.

Favourite - The Confrontation with Lan Di - Not landing a single hit, it was everything I hoped for!!!

Least Favourite - Li Feng reveal as Niao Sun, the transition just wasn't believable and Li Feng just didn't have much presence within Niaowu to make the reveal impactful - I'd rather have just had Niao Sun as herself and as the main antagonist of Niaowu instead of Mr. Muscles.

Good: Bailu end scene - Ryo doing Xyuings's kata is awesome.
Bad: the 3 generic stooges for Landi's associates. Hsu and Broon girl thowning thugs over the river. Ryo cursing Landi after getting beat up. All the ending scene.

Favorite: probably the last fight scenes.

Least favorite: hitting up every marital arts shop and training hall to find about about some stupid style

Favorite: All dialogues with Su Wenxu

Not favorite: Rigged fights against the muscled villains

Favorite: The visual presentation of the Unreal 4 engine. The Bailu Village section.

Least fave: Forces grinding. Incomplete ending, clearly abridged with segments spliced together due cuts. Not enough plot.

Favorite scene: Ryo vs Lan Di
Disappointed scene: Ryo vs Lan Di

I expected a lot more dialogue during their exchange.. something to make Lan Di an actual character.
Now I have even less hype for the real Ryo/Lan Di fight.. why should I have hype? Because of that scene in Shenmue 1? That fire is burning low and Shenmue 3 brought little to no fuel.

Favorite might be Niao Sun's introduction. Seeing a knife to Shenhua's neck was definitely intense! It's a shame the rest of the ending fell really flat.

Least favorite...maybe Ren's introduction? I liked his joke about the chow mein but then he was just like "cya" even though the entire reason for him showing up was to meet up with Ryo. It makes no sense how that went down.

Also found the editing of the scenes with Shenhua at the beginning atrocious, kind of discouraging to see that right off the bat.

Favourite: the cutscene of Ryo fighting Lan Di, Lan Di kicking Ren, Ren throwing the phoenix mirror out of the burning castle, Lan Di stands and looks in the direction of the phoenix mirror as Ren and Ryo escape.

Least Favourite: Difficult to say as there are so many to choose from.

1. Broom girl and big guy easily beating up bad guys and throwing them overboard.

2. Lan Di's voice in the English dub.

3. Ryo calling Nozomi, 'Harasaki', and Nozomi calling Ryo, 'Hazuki'.

4. Lan Di's bodyguards look interesting but have no dialogue and are easily beaten.

5. Niao Sun's identity reveal having no pay-off because Ryo doesn't know who Niao Sun is and has never seen her before.

6. A delusional Ryo on the great wall of China saying you better not run Lan Di after Lan Di was just about to kill him.

7. Ren's unceremonious introduction.

8. Poor choice for credits music.

One of these.

I only name one for each.

Favorite : Heartbreak Kung Fu.
Disappointed : comedy in the castle.

Back