Which console during the early to mid 90's did you own?

SNES or Genesis

• SNES

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Genesis

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
We diverged in the 16-bit era! I went 2600, NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast...

I had been a Nintendo kid ever since I laid eyes on an NES, and still prefer the SNES to the Genesis, but man, Sega just wowed with their creativity in the Saturn and Dreamcast years. The N64 was, and still, strikes me as rather mundane (albeit with some timeless classics), while the Saturn that sales clerk tried to discourage me from getting is still much beloved.
Begging my parents for an N64 for Christmas in 96 instead of a Saturn is probably my biggest regret in life lmfao. Don't get me wrong I loved my N64 while I had it, but my god a more educated me could have had so much more fun with a Saturn...

Begging my parents for an N64 for Christmas in 96 instead of a Saturn is probably my biggest regret in life lmfao. Don't get me wrong I loved my N64 while I had it, but my god a more educated me could have had so much more fun with a Saturn...
With as dumb as I was as a kid, I basically got lucky with the Saturn! :LOL: I loved Christmas (and therefore Christmas NiGHTS looked amazing) and I loved Street Fighter Alpha 2 and jumped to the Saturn solely on those grounds. Little did I know how much I would end up loving it!

Of course, my stupidity continued, and I sold NA versions of Shining the Holy Ark, Shining Force III, Dragon Force, Albert Odyssey, Burning Rangers, and a few other lesser-notables at Funcoland trade-in values. I was after Dreamcast games at the time, but man! I still kick myself over that.

With as dumb as I was as a kid, I basically got lucky with the Saturn! :LOL: I loved Christmas (and therefore Christmas NiGHTS looked amazing) and I loved Street Fighter Alpha 2 and jumped to the Saturn solely on those grounds. Little did I know how much I would end up loving it!

Of course, my stupidity continued, and I sold NA versions of Shining the Holy Ark, Shining Force III, Dragon Force, Albert Odyssey, Burning Rangers, and a few other lesser-notables at Funcoland trade-in values. I was after Dreamcast games at the time, but man! I still kick myself over that.
This is why I'm so happy psuedosaturn exists lmfao. I'm reliving the childhood I never had...

Back