Which Shenmue II characters should appear in the game?

Goro might return, but i hope this time he's got kids and owns his own hotel and is generous and gives Ryo and even Ren free cash for capsule toys and food etc.

Haha. All that in a few months would be impressive but if anyone could pull it off it's Goro

Lan Di has Ryo cornered. He's ready to deliver the finishing blow.

"You're as weak as your father."

Then, out of the darkness emerges a large, jovial figure. "Ah Ryo! Does ya friend wanta some pizza?!"

The dough spins through the air like a puffy shuriken and thwacks Lan Di in the face, sending the fierce leader to the ground.

Ryo winces and lifts his head in bewilderment. "Mario...that move...was it Italian? Ca...can you teach me some Italian?"

"Oh, of course!", says Mario, smiling.

Xiuying will 100% return in either III or IV; whichever game Ziming plays a role, she will be back.

Probably some clichéd, "brother dies in my arms, while he saves Ryo/my life from a fatal attack of some sort, he apologises, says how great it is to see me get strong and then kicks it."

I have a feeling we will see Xiuying, even if it's merely a cutscene like that before leaving for Guilin. "I found your brother..."

Baihu was mentioned, and I wonder particularly about his return. Not only did his placement in the Big Ox Bldg. seem odd, it'd be stranger yet if he's never brought back again (Chekhov's gun, etc.) It'd be silly to include that "I... will remember that name" if we don't see him return eventually. One could argue the scene was used to show off Ryo's progress, but that seems a weak plot device-- did he exist solely to get Joy in the building?

Guizhang, Xuiying and Baihu are my top three to see again, for sure.

The last card on the Shenmue story slide says it all.

Xiuying is in the very last slide along with Shenhua so it's almost safe to say with 100% certainty that she will be back. If not in III, definitely in IV.
I imagine she will be in 3 in some form. Likely a flashback but hopefully in the mainline story too.

That would bum me out. At least some flashbacks or something showing them on their way. If we meet Ziming they have to at least put in some flashback for Ryo of Xiuying or maybe a story piece from Ziming telling his side of what went down when he left her.

On a side note, do you guys think Ren will come on his own or will he bring some crew? Never really thought about that but he is the leader of the Heavens after all.
I am 1000 %sure she will in shenmue 3..I must be.Maybe just as something like a flashback when Ryo talk s to zimimg or fights him Xiuying give ryo not her part of the Ying and Yang 4 nothing

I think pretty much every character up to this point besides Ryo, Ren, Shenhua, Xiuying, Chai, Lan Di and Guizhang are done and won't be seen again. Luckily Ren and Xiuying are my two favorite characters, haha. Can't wait to see them again.
Agreed except for for Chai. I mean, he already got bodied pretty badly by S1 Ryo and they already made it pretty clear that he's an underling looking for a job under Lan Di rather than someone actively working for him, so I don't know how much else he really has to offer.

Back