Who told the Chi You Men about the mirror

But then the in-game stuff doesn't make sense :(
It makes perfect sense!
Nowhere does it say that Chai traveled with Lan Di to Japan. The most logical theory in my eyes is that Chai heard (sneeking) that Lan Di was going to Japan to get the mirror and went there right after him.

Dont really understand how he could gain from it when he left china, but he proberly just got lucky.

It makes perfect sense!
Nowhere does it say that Chai traveled with Lan Di to Japan. The most logical theory in my eyes is that Chai heard (sneeking) that Lan Di was going to Japan to get the mirror and went there right after him.

Dont really understand how he could gain from it when he left china, but he proberly just got lucky.

Yea I don't think Chai traveled to Japan with Lan Di, infact Lan Di probally barely notices a golem like Chai even exists. However Chai has this big crush for Lan Di, so yea.

It makes perfect sense!

I'm talking about the quotes I posted in a previous post; he DEFINITELY didn't travel with Lan Di to Japan.

I'm talking about the quotes I posted in a previous post; he DEFINITELY didn't travel with Lan Di to Japan.

Maybe the English dub is off but Jimmy said “I am not sure, but I think he is connected to the Mad Angels!” This would imply that Jimmy is not one hundred percent certain. Also given how secretive the Chi You Men are, I doubt Jimmy would know about them or Chai’s connection to them. It is far more likely that he assumed he was part of the Mad Angels gang since they are much more visible in comparison to the Chi You Men.

Maybe the English dub is off but Jimmy said “I am not sure, but I think he is connected to the Mad Angels!” This would imply that Jimmy is not one hundred percent certain. Also given how secretive the Chi You Men are, I doubt Jimmy would know about them or Chai’s connection to them. It is far more likely that he assumed he was part of the Mad Angels gang since they are much more visible in comparison to the Chi You Men.

Well yea the Chi you men were just conducting business with the mad angles, so it would make sense for the locals to assume he's part of the more commonly known gang.

However It's very obvious no matter what the locals say in Shenmue 1, Chai is definitely not part of the Mad Angels.

Last edited:
Yuanda Zhu considered Lan Di's father to be his best friend, so he may have some conflicted loyalties, but I personally think it's far more likely that Ryu just wanders around the village showing off the mirror looking for clues and it that info find's it way back to the Chi You Men who are already in the region.

Chai knows Ryo has the Phoenix mirror. He wants to beat Ryo in order to get the mirror and become one of Lan Di henchmen. Chai will not be able to beat Ryo and in defeat will snitch to Lan Di. Lan Di has taken notice of Ryo especially after the Don Niu fight. Lan Di will entertain Ryo idea if revenge and agree to fight him. After destroying Ryo, Lan Di will say those famous words," Get up I'll allow you to die like a warrior. " Before Lan Di lands the final blow some thing will happen, maybe someone else will take the blow.

TO BE CONTINUED....
SHENMUE 4?

Last edited:
Back