Why can't I play Hang On in Shenmue 1

The time is 2045 (845 pm for non military types) in game the night before I go rescue Nozomi from the Mad Angels. I decided to go home and run through Hang On on my futuristic Sega Saturn. Ryo tells me that he doesn't have time for this. So using my ninja magic (front door) I transport myself to the You Arcade and try playing it there and he keeps telling me that he better not play. So I go to the other games in the arcade and seems that he has time for them just not Hang On. i have never played Hang On this time around and figured I would get some practice in. Apparently I am not.

I think the thread title is misleading, you can play Hang On at every time through the game just not at that precise part. The thread title reads like you're having general issues/bugs with Hang On
For the Nozomi rescue, it starts all over if you fail so there's the practice. Moreover, if you fail a lot of times the game itself get mercy and seems to move a little back the arriving checkpoint.

I think the thread title is misleading, you can play Hang On at every time through the game just not at that precise part. The thread title reads like you're having general issues/bugs with Hang On
For the Nozomi rescue, it starts all over if you fail so there's the practice. Moreover, if you fail a lot of times the game itself get mercy and seems to move a little back the arriving checkpoint.
I didn't need the practice anyway I passed it on my first try. The only time I wanted to play Hang On the game says that I can't. The thread is not misleading I couldn't play Hang On at the time that I wanted so therefore the title is correct. I can't help how you took the title of the post.

Yeah when I saw this I had to investigate. When playing Shenmue their are times when the story needs to be progressed. In these times Ryo when only engage on whatever is the main objective at that time. Think about if your girlfriend gets kidnapped your not going to play Sega Saturn Hang On.

Back