Why did they opt for the Xbox port of Shenmue II for the re-releases?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Wouldn't it have made more sense to use the Dreamcast version considering it already has the feature for save importing?

It is sorta of a hybrid, with introducing the transfer and bloom toggling to off. Biggest different really is Ryo's goofy balooned jacket cuffs. And, admittedly the collor looks much nicer.

Presume they went for 2x because it was already ported to x86 architecture. Granted, it was jumping from Pentium, I'm sure it was easier than from SH4.

It is sorta of a hybrid, with introducing the transfer and bloom toggling to off. Biggest different really is Ryo's goofy balooned jacket cuffs. And, admittedly the collor looks much nicer.

Presume they went for 2x because it was already ported to x86 architecture. Granted, it was jumping from Pentium, I'm sure it was easier than from SH4.

Oh it's a different Ryo model? I didn't know that and glad you can now turn off the Bloom off, shame some music is slightly different from the Dreamcast version.

Thanks for the answer, you comment a lot on my posts. Cheers! :)

If you have the file format details, save importing is such a trivial thing to do that it's not something you even take into consideration when deciding which version to port.

If you have the file format details, save importing is such a trivial thing to do that it's not something you even take into consideration when deciding which version to port.

Ahh okay, I wouldn't know. I always used to play the Xbox version because of the nostalgia, I had it as a kid and I prefer the English dub because of this.
I've since purchased a GDEMU and am now using the Full English speech uncompressed version. Before I was using the 99min version (partly compressed) but the 80 min version is awful quality, it sounds like it's being fed through a Xbox 360 mic, lol.
I own both the retail versions on disc but I never used them, for Shenmue I, I use the Coca-Cola mod by Xiaopang and the previously mentioned Full English for Shenmue II.

Which do you prefer, the English or Japanese dub?

Back