Will Niao Sun cause "Gamers" outrage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine. But it seems like you're heading into an opposite direction of extremism and it's not really pretty.
Extremism is unnecessary at best and abhorrent at worst, and I do not advocate for it under any circumstances. Stating biological facts and engaging in satire and ridicule is not extremism.

You're talking about genders and biology and all this other nonsense in a thread about sexualization. It's pretty ridiculous and shows how invested you are in it, characterizing yourself to be the opposite extreme of the very people you're complaining about.
When the argument is that the presence of physical traits men find attractive are somehow 'objectifying' women, biology inevitably enters the equation.

What do "biological facts" have to do with Niao Sun? This is why you're an extremist. You've taken an issue wholly unrelated to Shenmue and used it to turn the thread into your own trash can to vent against SJW's.

The best way to keep this politic or should I rather say ideological nonsense out of games is, not talking about it. It could be almost to late for that. game "journalists" would not talk about that stuf if it does not pay for them. Somehow a very small but vocal minority likes that nonsense.

I just want to enjoy the games the way the developer wants to present them. I do not get hear attack like some left wing clowns when women are presented as sexy. And I also do not care the right wings worst nighmare when two women kiss each other on screen like in the Last of US2.

I just want to play games. So i really hope it is not to late for us non political real gamers to just i gnore this stuff that it doesn't spread anymore.

What do "biological facts" have to do with Niao Sun? This is why you're an extremist. You've taken an issue wholly unrelated to Shenmue and used it to turn the thread into your own trash can to vent against SJW's.
One of Niao Sun's characteristics is her beauty. The argument is whether people are going to complain because of said beauty. Physical beauty is comprised of physical traits determined by biology. That is why biology has entered the discussion.

Saying a femme fatale uses her sexual appeal is almost a tautology.
The joke is how journalists write about sex, it's fairly easy and fairly stupid, and it's the point of the thread, how the game will be recieved by a certain portion of the market.
Seems like clownworld, pointing out that girls have tits is "extremism". Yeah, no. I'd say that you thinking that is pretty much extremist behavior by your part.

I guess I misunderstood. The language started to get more cryptic and self referential that I got confused.

I guess I misunderstood. The language started to get more cryptic and self referential that I got confused.
If you have any questions for me that might help clear things up, I would be only too happy to answer, dude. Might want to confine it to a PM, though, just in case the train flies off into the sea :p

The only media we have about Niao Sun is that short video (I think it was berkeley) and the concept right ?
I also think she appeared on the SIIx comics.
Is it confirmed she is going to appear ? Because I think she was shown in a forest with snow (probably misremembering)
Yup snowy forest

The only media we have about Niao Sun is that short video (I think it was berkeley) and the concept right ?
I also think she appeared on the SIIx comics.
Is it confirmed she is going to appear ? Because I think she was shown in a forest with snow (probably misremembering)
Yup snowy forest
Not only is Niao Sun 100% confirmed for Shenmue III, but she has even appeared in one of the trailers, albeit as an easter egg:

DJDFWc6XkAARlWd.jpg

I was picturing her trying to seduce Ryo, that would be hilarious.
Then it came to mind that she is probably going to go after Ren (and maybe brainwash him a little so he becomes an enemy for a while).
That makes more sense IMO

Characters in games can be sexual, and sexy. No one is saying that isnt allowed or even complaining about it, and some even champion its inclusion with positive examples such as 2B, Catherine (the transphobia argument is an entirely different subject), Bayonetta, and Ann From Persona 5.

The popular argument is about the gratuitous objectification in the sexualization of women in games, ie, just having women as eye candy, that have shit writing and barely any thought put into the character.

Nothing I see from Niao Sun implies there will be any outrage as far as I can tell. She appears to be a badass, who just happens to be sexy. No complaints. Now if she were to be wearing thongs amd pasties and just serves as a dumb plot device which Ryo has to overcome, and its a complete joke (Quiet), or overly tropey yeah, I can see that causing a bit of controversy and to be honest, I wouldnt exactly say it would be entirely unwarrented. Thankfully there is zero evidence at all that that will be the case. Thus no "Gamer outrage" as you call it.

People are more likely to complain that Shenmue isn't fun and should not exist at all than complain about a character that happens to be sexy.

The OP is off-base and intended to provoke to begin with. All of these people crying about SJWs (or whatever other insults you make up) are so threatened now that they don't have any safe, hidden spaces where they can't be challenged or avoid being held accountable anymore! Everyone wanted video games to be taken seriously as an artform, and so they will be held to account with the same types of critique that are leveled at literature, film, mass media pop entertainment, and so forth. I purposely avoid the politics section of this site so I don't have to sift through this regressive whining.

Right, I think this thread has run its course.
Locking it now before it spirals even further out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back