Will we get an option to change the run trigger like 1 & 2?

I was wondering if the devs are planning on allowing the option to switch the default run trigger to L or R. I loved that Shenmue 2 allowed the option, instead of accepting the new default R trigger for running. I've gotten so used to having run be on the L trigger from the Dreamcast version that it would feel foreign to have to stick with the R trigger being run like the Shenmue 3 demo. I don't see an option in the demo. What's amazing is the transition from 1&2 has been seemless into 3 nonetheless. I truly feel like I've been playing one continuous game with this demo, that it frustrates me that I can't use my preferred trigger, as well as the D-Pad for movement. No other complaints though. This has far exceeded my expectations and I'm so glad that this exists.

Hey can you control Ryos walking speed with the analog stick at least? It actually made way more sense to run with R on Dreamcast because you could manipulate the camera with you left hand and run with your right index finger. It was a bit too cumbersome to do both with one hand but... since I’m Shenmue 1 you ran with L that’s what I stuck to. I also hope there is the option in 3 to use L!

Back