Will you ever go back to play Shenmue 1&2 again?

I think most of us would go back to replay the 1st two games but just curious to see if that's not the case for some because of the huge improvements and side leisure there is to partake in 3. 1&2 are old games and almost everything has been explored by now. For me I'll definitely go back to 1&2 here and there, especially because of nostalgia.

Last edited:
Yes. After finishing 3 Ill start again from the first game on Dreamcast.

Yeah most likely just to mess around with the combat in 1 & 2, but it'll be a while. 3 has really grown on me.

I will always go back to 1 & 2 every now and then, especially the first so special to me and nostalgic lots of good memories

Of course. They're the complete package. The same cannot be said about the latest game in the series.

Shenmue 1 I can see being a comfy play to replay every winter. Shenmue 2 I can see coming back to more, especially since that felt like a genuine adventure.

Of course! Still will go back to those games, where it be on the Dreamcast or the remasters. I also will get the PC version of 3 sometime in the not so distant future as well.

Absolutely. Shenmue 3 is just one part of the saga. If you want the whole experience you need to go back and play 1 & 2 again.

Yes definitely, I’m planning on doing a day and date playthrough of Shenmue I, II and III over the next 4-6 months starting on November 29th. I just need to figure out a way to make it to where I finish II on March 21st so it can end the same day that III begins.

Yes for sure. I'll likely do a Shenmue 1-3 playthrough sometime next year once things calm down a bit.

Without question. 3 is absolutely nowhere near the same scale in either story or adventure of the first 2 for me at least.

Definitely. I was hoping that the PS4 versions would be the definitive ones, but the game’s just too glitchy and combat is too broken. Thankfully I still have my DC with the originals. The DC loading screens are really the biggest downside nowadays.

Yes, I usually playthrough Shenmue 1&2's once a year or so, but I'm regularly on 2's Shenmue Collection to do the fights with Greg, Rod, Chunyan and Baihu, the combat is just too damn fun on 2.

Yup, just ordered a clip for my phone so using my Xbox controller with it while playing I & II on Redream will be less cumbersome.

Reactions: Ren
Definitely. I was hoping that the PS4 versions would be the definitive ones, but the game’s just too glitchy and combat is too broken. Thankfully I still have my DC with the originals. The DC loading screens are really the biggest downside nowadays.

When did you last play them? I replayed 1 and 2 on PS4 just before 3s release perfectly fine. I wouldn’t get the Dreamcast out now.

There are games out there that I can play forever. They will entertain me with every new playthrough. It does not matter how often I have played them already. The first 2 Shenmue games are among these games.

Will I eat again in the future? What kind of question is that? ;)

Of course I will play S1 and 2 again. If you look at the complete package, each game has to offer, both games are superior to S3, even though S3 is a great game. Especially S2 is a much better game than S3, but S1 is better than 3 too.

I would replay 2. I love 2 so I'm always replaying it maybe once every year and a half. I doubt I'll replay Shenmue I much since I've only fully replayed maybe 3 times. The third being the HD port and even then its a slog for me. There's just too much dead time in that game and I feel like there aren't enough interesting things to do on the side.

Back