Will You guys Support this Alleged Zelda BOTW clone?

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
It's causing quite an uproar.

Official trailer:

Some ninty fanboys swarming Playstation to protest the game:

genshin-impact-chinajoy-protest-breath-of-the-wild.original.jpg

The guy who destroyed a Ps4 @ the event.

It's releasing next year 2020 in the west. The PR is gunna be hilarious if not outright sad to watch leading up to launch.

I am going to buy it probably. I do not get the clone accusations . I am not a switch user so I have never played breath of the wild. But from the footage so far the clone argument is hilarious. Nintendo is not the only company in the world that has the right to use the cell shading look.

And every video game out there is a clone at this point. Ground braking new genres have not been invented since the 90s. Every AAA game today a clone of certain Ubisoft Game. The Ubi Formula is out there are every day.

Why would you smash your own property just because of stuff like this?
Is he 8 years old or what? I dont care which game is a clone or inspiration or rip off or whatever.
Every big new game nowadays is some kind of clone of a different game. Why would i care?
If i dont want to support it, then i dont have to. Its a entertainment product, nobody is forced to buy anything.
Thats why i dont understand this kind of controversy. If you love Zelda BotW so much, then be happy and enjoy it.
Whats the problem?

Well, it's def ramping up it's promo game after this incident:

A-List JP VA hires:

Voice actors include:

Amber: Iwami Manaka
Lisa: Tanaka Rie
Jean: Saito Chiwa
Kaeya: Toriumi Kousuke
Diluc: Ono Kensho
Venti: Murase Ayumu
Barbara: Kito Akari
Ayaka: Hayami Saori
Razor: Uchiyama Koki
Xiangling: Ozawa Ari
Paimon: Koga Aoi
Traveler: Yuka Aoi/Horie Shun

JP Trailer:

Western Promo Site:

haha. I think the protest ended up gathering sympathies as people are now noticing and planning to support it. The devs hope this will be thier first successful AA break into the international audience and a first for thier Chinese dev team. Thier goal is to one day release a AAA game hit from a chinese team to an international audience and inspire/influence more china game devs.

Last edited:
The "gaming community" and their immaturity on display again. This game hardly reminds me of Breath of the Wild outside of the atmosphere. Similar style in graphics and whatnot, but just another hack n' slash game from the looks of it. Even then why get angry?

I am going to buy it probably. I do not get the clone accusations . I am not a switch user so I have never played breath of the wild. But from the footage so far the clone argument is hilarious. Nintendo is not the only company in the world that has the right to use the cell shading look.

And every video game out there is a clone at this point. Ground braking new genres have not been invented since the 90s. Every AAA game today a clone of certain Ubisoft Game. The Ubi Formula is out there are every day.
This lot might want to look to the early 2000's when cel-shading was in.... its been done so many times and I'd take it as a compliment if I'd made a game that inspired another.

It doesn't seem to be any more similar to BotW than BotW does to literally any other hack'n'slash.

Wonder if anyone turned up to BotW's reveal holding up a copy of Darksiders.

Come on guys its a clon. Its not like its a bad thing, I want to play it badly. And reaction of nintendo fans are ridiculous. But its a clon. A very cool clon.

Oninaki its cel shading too and you cant say its a clon, because its way different. But you cant say that about this one, look a the first minute and tell me its not BOTW with a different character

After playing many hours on BotW, I don't think people are specifically complaining about this new game's cel-shaded style per se. It really appears that a lot of its assets have been ripped out directly from the Zelda game engine like foliage, some of the enemies' animations and AI, and particle effects like explosions and light beams. It's really surreal to watch this trailer if you've played BotW long enough. But that being said, it only looks like BotW on the surface because Genshin Impact is an action RPG in the end. It will play nothing like Zelda combat wise so it's not a clone at all aside for the superficial elements.

Last edited:
After playing many hours on BotW, I don't think people are specifically complaining about this new game's cel-shaded style per se. It really appears that a lot of its assets have been ripped out directly from the Zelda game engine like foliage, some of the enemies' animations and AI, and particle effects like explosions and light beams. It's really surreal to watch this trailer if you've played BotW long enough. But that being said, it only looks like BotW on the surface because Genshin Impact is an action RPG in the end. It will play nothing like Zelda combat wise so it's not a clone at all aside for the superficial elements.
This

Graphically it is almost identical to Breath of the Wild and you also have some NPCs that look very similar artistically to BOTW. But to be a BOTW clone, you have to copy the gameplay and I don't think I've seen enough to say that is the case.

Back