Would we be able to love Shenmue the same way if the story ends as an animation?

OP
OP
MissingSailor

MissingSailor

404 Sailor Not Found
A nice 2.5D game with some cinematics here and there to make a more vivid Shenmue experience would be the next best thing, I suppose.

Hiki

その者、東の遠つ国より 海を渡りて現れり
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC)
I want it to end as a game and experience the Shenmue world this way, when i play the shenmue games i really feel like i'm there in that world living this journey, was beautiful to me experiencing a simple and peaceful life in Bailu Village.

I know how hard it is for Yu Suzuki to have the opportunity to finish the story in game format, so if one day he really feels that there is no way to do more games i will understand, i will understand and love Shenmue the same way.

I will happily take an anime and manga like ShenSun said, but i really have a feeling that Yu Suzuki will have the opportunity to make the games Shenmue IV and V and that he will decide to finish in Shenmue V for PS5 and PC, i don't know why i have this feeling that Yu Suzuki will end Shenmue like this but i think that this is what will happen.

I was prepared for Shenmue to end via a manga or a visual novel. There was a time I would've been happy with the story finishing with stick men art. Definitely prefer a game, but if it must end via an animation I'd embrace it.

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
The Last of Us Part II
I hope that the anime and game can go on side by side (similarly to anime and manga) would be cool to see the anime get to the end of the story as well as the games so that there’s different alternatives to experience the story