Would you be happy if the game was released early to backers?

Would you be happy if the game was released early to backers?

• Yes

Votes: 63 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Don’t care / Undecided

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters
Maybe we should have a Shenmue Dojo contest as to who can hold off on playing the S3 the longest after it's released?

I wonder how long anyone could last?

Actually I'll bet there's a few people who will not touch Shenmue 3 until the entire series is released.

The reasoning is actually quite simple.... if you waited 18 years already what's another 8-10 years to wait for Shenmue 4 & 5 to have the complete experience and you can then bing-play ala netflix?

However, if you give into temptation and play Shenmue 3 right away then you'll have ANOTHER cliffhanger to kill yourself over and have to start a wait all over again which might be demoralizing.

I can DEFINITELY wait a good 3-4 months, truly; life is busy enough. Honestly, probably even longer.

But I'm not lol.

What do you mean locked in? I am UK and received no confirmation of shipment. However, it is just the EGS code within the box is it not? So it's not like EGS will allow an early download even if received early.

What do you mean locked in? I am UK and received no confirmation of shipment. However, it is just the EGS code within the box is it not? So it's not like EGS will allow an early download even if received early.
If you paid for a Physical PS4 version of the game (or a tier that included physical rewards) then they sent out an email telling people to confirm their shipping addresses before the final cutoff, as they are going to be sending the games out soon. After that, about 10 days ago, backers in the UK received a shipment email, which included a order number alongside a shipping confirmation. This only applies to the game itself and the other rewards will arrive at a later date, which is usual for a Kickstarter game.

When it comes to the Physical PC version, you are correct in that it is just a code in a box, and from the sounds of things, fangamer might just be emailing (/adding them to our fangamer pages) those out to us on release so that we can play at launch (kinda unconfirmed yet, but from the wording that's what it seems like). Hope that makes sense.

Back