Would you be mad if they decided to cancel the trial version?

Just don't be surprised or disappointed if this happens and a lot of negativity and hate gets thrown Ys Net's way. Canceling stuff like this doesn't usually end up well-received when it comes to Kickstarter. Of course, if the game's fantastic the negativity will be short lived.

Would be concerned, if there was anyone but Yu Suzuki-sama at the helm. Plus, he said they have 20+ Testers QAing the game around the clock, so all should be well. And every new update is looking better than ever. So I’m good with whatever Ys Net needs to do for another timeless masterpiece.

An extra four months is nothing. Besides, I’m not really on the hype train, and I’ve tried to limit my exposure to it.

Fair enough. In the great scheme of things, what's another 4 months, I guess.

.... (Aka you're a bit crazy, preferably spelled out by Violent Femmes)

Cancelling the trial version would be a bad decision anyway.

Many people pledged up to $100 precisely to play the demo. Among them, youtubers and journalists to show their audience an early glimpse of the game.

If YsNet manage to craft something as appealing as What's Shenmue, it might give a nice boost to the exposure.

I want to play the trial version just so I can help report bugs to the devs before the wide release so it's a better game for people on launch day.

They’re definitely not going to cancel anything, IMO; that decision would be retarded considering the money that’s involved (ie people specifically choosing reward tiers that include the demo), the reneging on an established promise, etc, etc...

On a personal level, if they did do that, I would be more disappointed at the loss of a potential “What’s Shenmue”-style demo (which I assume it’s going to be), as opposed to anything else. The concept of that demo was just damn brilliant.

I want to go into the game itself fresh. If it's a way to test the games mechanics in a non canon or "what if" scenario, then I'll be on it. If it's where the game starts or spoils anything about the story, I'll fight myself to stay away. I've waited long enough, I want my first moments with the game to be the real deal and sacred.

Id be mad but then i would just fart then forget about it and just play the gamei think the trial will be about forklift racing with chai and goro

Of course I'd be mad, really pissed for the short term, but ultimately who cares? What am I gonna do, boycott the game of my life over a bad PR move? LMFAO, I don't care if they told all backers the rewards were all fake, as long as the game is released I'll be ultimately very happy...

If there is one I hope it's weird like the What's Shenmue demo. I would't want a timed demo that spoils the intro.
This is what I'm praying for... What's Shenmue was such an amazing demo... Jesus man what didn't Shenmue do?

LMFAO, I don't care if they told all backers the rewards were all fake, as long as the game is released I'll be ultimately very happy...

Being 100% honest, besides the actual game and the signed artbook (and the trial of course), I haven't got a clue what rewards I'm actually getting... I just threw all the money I could reasonably afford at Shenmue 3 during the Kickstarter.

Hi guys!

I have read Shenmue 3 will be playble at E3.

Do you think they will give us the demo after the show as the trial version they promised in the kickstarter campaign ?

Hi guys!

I have read Shenmue 3 will be playble at E3.

Do you think they will give us the demo after the show as the trial version they promised in the kickstarter campaign ?
My money is on them releasing the demo on 27th August as a sweetener.

They did the same with What's Shenmue when the original got delayed. On the original release date that came out to tide people over.

Back