Would you be okay with multiple (and potentially more expensive) season passes?

Would you be okay with multiple (and potentially more expensive) season passes?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Yes, but only if it expands the story and the pricing strategy remains the same.

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Yes, but only if it expands the story.

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • No.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
With the last scheduled DLC dropping next week, it got me wondering how I’d feel if they were to announce a second season pass.

If they were to create DLC that advanced or developed the story in a meaningful way, would people buy it? What if they increased the price to say £20/$30/¥3000 to supplement the additional development costs?

Only if SIV is never going to happen and it is the only way to progress the story. It has to be a super really interesting content to justify another Season pass.

That's probably out of the picture. Deep Silver said on Twitter that Big Merry Cruise will be the last dlc for S3.

That's probably out of the picture. Deep Silver said on Twitter that Big Merry Cruise will be the last dlc for S3.
The said, literally, last planned. So, do the maths, it could be more not plan at the moment, this what this post is about

I read the story DLC was pretty bad. It's fine to try to add content and fund the sequel we want but they should be careful not to tarnish Suzuki's reputation, especially if they increase the price.

I read the story DLC was pretty bad. It's fine to try to add content and fund the sequel we want but they should be careful not to tarnish Suzuki's reputation, especially if they increase the price.
I wouldn't hold it against Suzuki since DLCs weren't around when he created Shenmue and now almost every game has them. It's a sad sign of the times. I don't like them unless they're really cheap or on sale and not vital to the experience.

I'd "be okay with it", sure, but I'd think it a poor strategy nonetheless. It'd seem odd to release more for 3, and for 4, I'd rather they spend more time working on getting the game fleshed out, esp. the plot.

Ironically, I'd like any DLC to be more like Battle Rally (and what I presume the Cruise will be like). As others noted, the DLC makes Niaowu feel much richer as a whole, and I'd rather they spend more time to get it in the main game. Thereafter, if they come up with a little fun side addition (I wouldn't mind a Shenmue Collection sort of thing), so be it.

In my head, Shenmue 3 still came out like 5 days ago lol. As much as I hope Shenmue 4 will happen, I can't even express how much I would love the team to keep working on 3. If they could somehow fix a bunch of issues, make the story/characters more fleshed out and all that good stuff, I would literally throw my money as hard as I can at them.

If we get more Niao Sun and an explanation on how she found out that Ryo has the phoenix mirror, yes.

Don't care. I've never bought a season pass and likely never will. I have hundreds of games on multiple systems and have only bought DLC for probably less than 10 games.

If it's story DLC, I would buy it, but I'd prefer any future DLC for SIII to just be potentially simpler stuff like the Battle Rally and Cruise stuff. If however, they wanted to just release the rest of the series in full priced DLC packs that eventually added up to one huge game that concludes the initially planned story, then I'd be good with that.

The one thing that I really hope happens, regardless of the future of the games, is that YS releases the original novelized chapters of the story in a nice, bound, hard cover book. Put another way, if the games had to be reduced to something without the massive replayability of the first three, I would only want to see the rest in novel form.

Only if it expands on the story and even then, I don't like the idea of paying for extra content. Im old school. This stuff should be included in the game in the first place.

I dont think it'd be a good business model. I mean, more DLCs for bonus stuff ? Maybe.
But DLCs that progress the story further would only be sold to people who own the game.
I know, people aren't likely to buy Shenmue IV if they didn't play III. But releasing a new game brings a different kind of attention than releasing a new DLC. And any additionnal story as a DLC in III would be less story in IV.

What I could see though, is an in-between, a sort of expansion or standalone game that would connect III and IV.
Sort of what a boat chapter between I and II was supposed to be.

I'd prefer a full blown Shenmue 4.
But if the only way to see the story continue would be via DLC's for 3, I'd be happy with that.
I just want more story, end of the day.

Back