General RGG Discussion

Yes, you can appreciate and understand a lot of aspects of the franchise’s story if you are aware of Japanese politics and history. This is most especially true with 6 and 7. I love Kiwami 2, I just wish it kept the original soundtrack. I just hate the new songs and I’m so not a fan of ONE OK ROCK or bands like them.

While I agree that Crazy Ken Band fit the game A LOT more than SiM, there are elements of the two songs that are just brilliant; A for music (it is such a power song musically; nothing special or intricate with the riffs or anything, but hard-hitting power chords and great musicianship all around. Lyrically and singing-wise, ugh lol, but I enjoy that for it's Japnese-ness) and Sound of Breath for its overall vibe (such a chill song) and decent lyrics (which also go into a very Japanese-y territory lol).

I haven't heard Sound of Breath for almost a week (going through my Japan playlist on my iPod) and it's been stuck in my head all morning, whistling it, etc.

I also don't like One ok Rock at All, but Clock Strikes is ok for Ishin! I would've preferred Zeebra coming back, but it's whatever, at this point.

I don't like the Autotune used by OoR and SiM though; too much and too over the top.

Anybody see this announced today?

Oh pretty cool. I have the Pix N Love Resident Evil 2 and Shenmue 3 LE.
I didnt pre order Yakuza 7 yet, so maybe i'm just going to buy this Pix N Love version.
It even comes with the Day One Steelbook, so why not.

I still dont understand why there is no official Sega CE for the west

(if there even is a english version, so far only their french accounts posted about it,
the english accounts didnt)

They did post another update where you can see more of the artbook and all of the text is in french only.
No updates about a english version.

Well bad news. Pix N Love said there will be NO english / international version.
Its only one version which means all of the artbook text and the RGG Studio interview etc
will be in french.

EhZOwuSWoAAocDu

srypx.png

Last edited:
Yeah some of their editions have both languages but if you look at the HQ screenshots of their Yakuza 7 artbook
you can see that its french only and their english Twitter and Facebook account didnt post anything about
this edition at all.

Ugh I wish they didn't unleash the pre-order times while I am at work - 4pm on a Wednesday - Really?! The Shenmue 3 ones lasted a week so I am going to try not panic - Still not sure if I want the PS4 version or the Xbox.... Really Wish Xbox Serious was out already so I could make up my mind,

So there's definitely not going to be an English Print? (It's not promoted on their English site...), Just don't want to feel like a klutz after ordering one.

Last edited:
So there's definitely not going to be an English Print? (It's not promoted on their English site...), Just don't want to feel like a klutz after ordering one.

Pix N Love Edition was only announced on their french accounts,
the two updates from today were only posted on their french accounts,
the text you can see in the artbook picture is french only on both pages,
Pix N Love commented on Twitter that theres no english text version.

Does anyone know if there is a way to play Yakuza Ishin on an American PS4 or Xbox One?? I'd like to check this out. I just heard of it about 5 minutes ago and I am shocked to see a Yakuza game that has caught my attention.

Ishin is only in Japanese for the time being but any PS4 should be able to play it. I imported a copy, not sure if it’s downloadable if you have a Japanese psn account.
Thanks! The language barrier isn't an issue for me, more concerned with whether it would play on an American console. I know some of the older gen consoles don't allow imports, and I haven't imported anything in about 20 years so figured I'd ask around. Digital would be ideal, but disc is cool too.

I am sincerely surprised they haven't released this in North America. I'll be kind since I'm on the Yakuza thread, but the modern day games aren't enjoyable to say the least, this samurai based one looks fairly good and I bet it would sell well here. If the other Yakuza games can turn a profit, this one should have no issue doing so.

I am sincerely surprised they haven't released this in North America. I'll be kind since I'm on the Yakuza thread, but the modern day games aren't enjoyable to say the least, this samurai based one looks fairly good and I bet it would sell well here. If the other Yakuza games can turn a profit, this one should have no issue doing so.

Every PS4 can read every PS4 GAME disc version. The PS4 has no regional lock for physical GAME discs.
It will even download patches, no problem. The only blockade is online download content.
The online store has a regional lock. So for example
you can buy the japanese Yakuza 7 PS4 disc version and play it on any account,
US, german, greece, doesnt matter (but it will still be in japanese if japanese is the only supported language of the disc).
But the online store for that disc version
will only work if you are logged into a PS4 account that matches the region of the disc (in this case Japan).
Otherwise the online store will give you a error message.

We talked a lot about Kenzan and Ishin here in this thread so maybe you want to check the pages.
It would be too much content to put all of this in one answer here.

Thanks for the help everyone! I just tried the demo, not my cup of tea but still preferred it over all the other Yakuza games I've tried. FYI: If you register a Singaporean PS4 account you can get a free demo of Yakuza Ishin and it also costs a lot less than on the Japanese account, if you decide to buy it.

I want to say I’d downloaded some stuff that would work on my NA account from other accounts but I’m not 100% certain since some games have so much dlc and it’s not always clear which countries have what available. But yeah in any case it seems Sony and Nintendo have given up on region locking. Don’t know about Xbox but it wouldn’t seem quite as important for it.

Back