General RGG Discussion

It's a spinoff year, so I'm thinking another spinoff that will continue the RPG formula (doubt it) or maybe a sequel to Judge Eyes/spinoff like Judge Eyes that goes back to Beat-'em-Up.

I'm still kind of hoping for a Ishin Kiwami and that's why they haven't announced anything regarding Ishin in the West. At least that's my hope for Ishin. I do kind of want to see the Samurai Games in Dragon Engine.

Doesn't Ishin only need a localization/PS5 HD? Kenzan needs the Kiwami treatment, hence less likely in my eyes. Expecting Ishin first either western cross gen or maybe only PS5 here ala Zero to test waters for an investment into Kenzan remake.

Wonder if anything will come from this?

Doesn't Ishin only need a localization/PS5 HD? Kenzan needs the Kiwami treatment, hence less likely in my eyes. Expecting Ishin first either western cross gen or maybe only PS5 here ala Zero to test waters for an investment into Kenzan remake.

Well, it did run on the previous engine (5, itself, 0, Kiwami), so I would think they would need to Dragon Engine-ise it, thus giving it the Kiwami treatment.

Now we've had the PS5 release schedule, has their been any news in regards to the Yakuza 7 version for PS5? I must admit it seems odd now that we now the PS4 version is being release around the same date that the PS5 version is absent - I'm also debating if I want to still go ahead with my PS4 too.

I think the only information we have for the PS5 version is that the PS5 update / optimization patch
will be added in at a later date.
Only the Series X will have a Series X optimized version on day one.
That was the information they gave us a couple of weeks ago
and even after the latest PS5 event where they revealed the PS5 date and price,
RGG Studio and Sega did not announce any PS5 news.
So it seems like they werent just quiet because they were not allowed to announce anything
without the PS5 reveal. They stayed quiet even after the PS5 reveal.
I guess you can still start the PS4 version on PS5 (but i think so far there is no confirmation)
and then you are just playing the PS4 version because theres no optimized PS5 version.
Thats the last update i heard / read, i dont know if things will be different when we reach November
but to be honest i'm pretty sure there wont be a special PS5 version on day one.

Now we've had the PS5 release schedule, has their been any news in regards to the Yakuza 7 version for PS5? I must admit it seems odd now that we now the PS4 version is being release around the same date that the PS5 version is absent - I'm also debating if I want to still go ahead with my PS4 too.

On a side note, I beat Yakluza 4 for the 1st time this week! I really enjoyed it overall mostly the story set in 85 with Saejima. I felt the pacing of the gameplay was very messy though, as I would often be working on side stories only to progress the story and then play as another character - I know the game gives you a chance to explore with any character near the end but by that point I was so caught up in the story I didn't want to break its momentum. I don't think the additions of the rooftops and underground passages helped if anything the moment when Saejima has to navigate through that maze was awfully tedious. Really enjoyed it overall though and look forward to starting 5 for t he 1st time finally!

Yakuza 7 for PS5 seems to be more in English media. Maybe at TGS, we'll get something more concrete.

Hey, Good News!
Pix N Love announced that the Yakuza 7 Pix N Love Version
will now be a international version instead of a french version.
So the book will actually come with both languages, french and english
and people who pre ordered the french version dont have to worry
because the content will be exactly the same. (the game version is Pegi Europe, so it has all of the standard languages)
Thats pretty cool.
Pre orders on the english site will be available on Wednesday 3 pm UK time.

EicvVlMWAAAMdUU

I'm wondering if it will be any cheaper? Still is a bit pricey for my liking especially with the PS5 version in limbo,,,

Hey, Good News!
Pix N Love announced that the Yakuza 7 Pix N Love Version
will now be a international version instead of a french version.
So the book will actually come with both languages, french and english
and people who pre ordered the french version dont have to worry
because the content will be exactly the same. (the game version is Pegi Europe, so it has all of the standard languages)
Thats pretty cool.
Pre orders on the english site will be available on Wednesday 3 pm UK time.

EicvVlMWAAAMdUU

I grabbed one of the PS4. Kind of a impulse buy. I think this is my fourth copy of Yakuza 7. Japanese copy. PS4 PSN copy. Steam Copy and this Pix N Love Copy on the side.

I would really like to see the Yakuza series on the Switch. What I don't understand is why Sega released the Yakuza games on Xbox before the Switch. Xbox installment base is nowhere Nintendos right now and Xbox is almost non existent in Japan. Oh well I think I'll just have to come to grips with no portable Yakuza.

The only game from the Yakuza devs that I managed to get into and enjoy was Judgment. Replaying it now and forgot how much fun it was. Hope it eventually gets a PC port. Would double dip the hell out of it.

I would really like to see the Yakuza series on the Switch. What I don't understand is why Sega released the Yakuza games on Xbox before the Switch. Xbox installment base is nowhere Nintendos right now and Xbox is almost non existent in Japan. Oh well I think I'll just have to come to grips with no portable Yakuza.
Probably because the engine does not support switch and would be a significant amount of resource to adapt for, probably, little profits if any.
After all xbox/pc/ps4 are more or less architecture wise, dunno how switch is in that regard.

And finally there might have been a bit of cash injection from Microsoft to increase the xbox Japanese game portfolio.

Probably because the engine does not support switch and would be a significant amount of resource to adapt for, probably, little profits if any.
After all xbox/pc/ps4 are more or less architecture wise, dunno how switch is in that regard.

And finally there might have been a bit of cash injection from Microsoft to increase the xbox Japanese game portfolio.

I have no knowledge of game designing. After seeing the Witcher 3 playable on the Switch I thought any game could be ported to the Switch. As you say though maybe there wouldn't be enough profit left over.

A New Yakuza Game will be (supposedly) revealed on the 27th of September.

Not even a pandemic can stop them.

Place your bets. What are we getting?

- Ishin Kiwami?
- New Samurai Game?
- Judge Eyes 2?
- More Yakuza Online stuff?

I can't imagine it will be a mainline Yakuza game (that will probably be next year), but weirder things have happened.

But I could see it being maybe Judge Eyes 2 on PS4 and PS5. Considering Judge Eyes did well enough for them to probably warrant a sequel.

Or a new Samurai game. I'd love a new Samurai themed game built on Dragon Engine. It's time we see Samurai Yakuza in Dragon Engine.

I'm thinking Judge Eyes II, They've got a decent set-up there with Yagami and co. But my main curiosity will be to see if it will be another Xbox exclusive launch.

Also, maybe they will shed light on reveal plans for the PS5 release of Yakuza 7?

I personally would prefer a game like Fist of the North Star but set in the Berserk universe.
I want to see what RGG Studio would do with really dark material.

I also want to see a RGG Samurai box with Kenzan and Ishin Remaster or Remake
or a completely new samurai Spin Off but with the turn based combat of Yakuza 7.
Like tactical sword fights.

Of course i would buy and play Judge Eyes 2 too

I was thinking maybe Samurai game. Think about it

New generation of consoles.

First Yakuza game on PS3 was Kenzan.
First Yakuza game on PS4 was Ishin.

Notice a pattern? Could be a Samurai game making its debut on PS5.

Back