You want to play the Trial but don't have a gaming PC ? Here's a solution.

To the people who don't have a high-end Pc at home, maybe you did not consider the following option.

Companies rent an access to gaming computers configurations that will run what you wish at a distance, and offer the result on your screen via streaming.

All you need is a good internet connection to avoid lag and a screen from an old pc, a mac, a smart TV, even an android phone if you like (but internet speed will be better if you connect via a network cable, so an old pc might be your best option).

I chose one company that seems to be operating very fine (but let us know if you used other ones). It's called Shadow, and their product is called Blade. It will cost you 20€ for a month, which will cover most of the time until the full game comes out.

Config : Intel Xeon (4 cores, 8 threads, equals an I7). Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. 12 Go RAM. Hard disk : 256 Go SSD. Win 10 license. Some resources are shared, but from an interview I read : the Geforces are not, so every user has access to his own graphics card.

All you need to do is :
-Go to https://shadow.tech/
-Install their program/app.
-Register for a month, with a promo code to get 10€ discount : ILOVESHADOW
The total will be 30€ -10€ = 20€.
-Connect a console controller to your computer

-Then unsubscribe before the end of 1st month tif you want to avoid paying 30€ or 40€ (depending on the option you chose, with or without engagement for 12 months). Or subscribe to the service if you like it.

They also rent a box, but if you have your own old peripheral, you won't need it.

Activation these days takes less than a day (I asked them), so I plan to register on Friday to be ready for the weekend.

Hope this will be useful to some of you.

P.s : To the mods : I know you did create a thread about the trial, but I doubt people passing by the dojo to get some info will read every post, and this might be useful to them. So please leave this thread alive, and do not hesitate to update your thread and put a message on Facebook about it.

Last edited:
I confirm that the activation should be fast; for me, it took about 30 minutes. I did it 2 weeks ago, so now, I already lost 2 weeks, meh.

This is potentially a fantastic idea and I'm looking into it right now. It even looks like you can get a 10 day introductory period for just $9.95, which should be plenty of time to play an hour long demo. I would just make sure not to sign up until I have my download code already, so I'd have the full 10 days to play.

EDIT: Ah crap, it's unavailable in my state. ?

Last edited:
Wow, it's worth a shot. Thanks for sharing this!

My notebook only has an Intel HD 630 graphics card, though. First of all, would I meet the minimum requirements and second of all, would it look bad if it did meet those requirements?

Last edited:
Indeed, Shadow is available only in the U.S.A, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium & Luxemburg.

That’s really unfortunate. I tried contacting a gaming cafe to see if they could have EGS launcher on one of their PCs for trial but haven't heard back.

Wow, it's worth a shot. Thanks for sharing this!

My notebook only has an Intel HD 630 graphics card, though. First of all, would I meet the minimum requirements and second of all, would it look bad if it did meet those requirements?
The intel HD 630 is an iGPU (integrated GPU) on the processor, which means your laptop doesn't have a dedicated GFX Card. Therefore, it's below the min requirements but If the demo allows it, you could put the resolution all the way down and maybe play it at a very low frame rate but honestly I'm not sure if it will work.

It's all true. I'm playing shennue HD with mods this way. It was the op or some other member that made me aware of shadow a while ago.

I'll be making a detailed tutorial in the coming days for all of you that wanna try this method.

Its not perfect, but it works.

Many thanks op

The intel HD 630 is an iGPU (integrated GPU) on the processor, which means your laptop doesn't have a dedicated GFX Card. Therefore, it's below the min requirements but If the demo allows it, you could put the resolution all the way down and maybe play it at a very low frame rate but honestly I'm not sure if it will work.

Thanks for letting me know before I started spending any money! I'll go back to my original plan of finding a gaming cafe.

Thanks for letting me know before I started spending any money! I'll go back to my original plan of finding a gaming cafe.

Wait wait wait... Sheephead's answer is wrong here... What makes Shadow interesting is to play games with a low config, and you don't have to care how low your config actually is (Well, read next post, because there is still a minimum config).

You should not mix Shenmue 3's minimum config with YOUR Pc config, since what will render the game will be the resources from Shadow. And the config they provide is powerful enough to play Shenmue 3 in good conditions.

Whether you would choose to screen the demo on an old PC or an old mac or a Surface or an android should give you about the same results, as long as the internet connection speed would be the same for all of them.

So your Intel HD 630 will be fine since it will only be used to send the images on a screen, without having to do many efforts, just a little more than if your 630 streamed a movie.

I am glad to read ShenSun's report. I'm totally okay with some flaws, all I want is a way to run the demo in rather good conditions for a month, and it seems to be the perfect solution to me (and the 2011 laptop I'm writing at).

I'd still be interested to know about companies offering the same kind of services in countries Shadow doesn't cover... When I heard about Shadow, I read about other companies were doing the same kind of stuff, but I cannot remember which ones, just that their graphics cards were not individual cards, but shared graphics components...

Last edited:
Here are the configs you need to play on a Windows PC. Their website has the same info about the Macs and Android devices.

The page for Windows devices has more details, if you're interested : https://help.shadow.tech/hc/en-gb/a...equired-configuration-for-the-Windows-client-

Minimum configuration:
  • Operating system : Windows 7, 8.1, 10
  • Processor: INTEL (Sandy Bridge range (2011)): Core i7, Core i5, Core i3, Pentium, Celeron, Xeon 1.60Ghz
    AMD
    (AM2 + range (2008)): Athlon, Sempron, Phenom, Opteron
  • RAM : 2 GB of RAM
  • Shader version 2.0 compatible graphics card, directX 9.0c or higher ( Nvidia , ATI / AMD )

Recommended configuration:
  • Operating system : Windows 7, 8.1, 10
  • Processor: INTEL (Skylake range (2015)): Core i7, Core i5, Core i3, Pentium, Celeron, Xeon 2.6Ghz
    AMD
    (AM2 + range (2012)): Athlon II, FX, Phenom II, Opteron
  • RAM : 4 GB of RAM
  • Shader compatible graphics card version 3.0, directX 11 or higher ( Nvidia , ATI / AMD )

In the page linked above, they advise to disable graphics cards in some case, like Nvidias, because "Processor-integrated video chipsets are generally more suitable for decoding H264 video streams. If your graphics card is not capable, you're likely to have to use your chipset instead". So it seems that the Intel Hd 630 will run the streaming better than a graphics card, chaikilla !

Last edited:
I think Sheephead misunderstood and thought he was asking if his laptop was powerful enough to run the demo itself, as opposed to the Shadow software.

Anyway, I'm considering trying this out even though the state I live in isn't officially supported. I'm reading up on it and apparently some people have used it with good results in unsupported states. It's not like I need it to be absolutely perfect for a demo that I'll be playing for 10 days. There just needs to be little enough lag to successfully get through any QTEs or free battles that are part of it.

Wait wait wait... Sheephead's answer is wrong here... What makes Shadow interesting is to play games with a low config, and you don't have to care how low your config actually is (Well, read next post, because there is a minimum config).

You should not mix Shenmue 3's minimum config with YOUR Pc config, since what will render the game will be the resources from Shadow. And the config they provide is powerful enough to play Shenmue 3 in good conditions.

Whether you would choose to screen the demo on an old PC or an old mac or a Surface or an android should give you about the same results, as long as the internet connection speed would be the same for all of them.

So your Intel HD 630 will be fine since it will only be used to send the images on a screen, without having to do many efforts, just a little more than if your 630 streamed a movie.

I am glad to read ShenSun's report. I'm totally okay with some flows, all I want is a way to run the demo in rather good conditions for a month, and it seems to be the perfect solution to me (and the 2011 laptop I'm writing at).

I'd still be interested to know about companies offering the same kind of services in countries Shadow doesn't cover... When I heard about Shadow, I read about other companies were doing the same kind of stuff, but I cannot remember which ones, just that their graphics cards were not individual cards, but shared graphics components...
lol I think I got the threads mixed up. Thought this was in the general backer demo thread, not the cloud solution thread. I thought he was just asking about running the demo on his machine locally :) If he was talking about the cloud solution then the specs should be more than fine. It's literally like watching a youtube video, with more bandwidth at a higher bitrate.

Is there a comparable service in Canada?

I've checked and you can still use Shadow while in Canada. If you are based in Toronto as example just pick the New York server as your choice and you are good to go. Just remember to register an account using a US based postal code. Users in the Reddit forum reported still being able to play at 4k max settings without a hitch while in Ottawa using a data center based in New York.

So essentially I get remote access to control the game, and I'm watching myself play the game through a stream?

I get it. It is basically just renting access to Remote Desktop. And yah you’ll need a good internet connection.

So essentially I get remote access to control the game, and I'm watching myself play the game through a stream?

You are playing the game as if you had a gaming computer in the room. The only difference is that your device will only have to stream your gameplay that is actually run on a distant gaming computer. So for you, it won't make any difference with having a gaming computer in the room, as long as your internet connection is fast enough.
You just won't have to buy another PC for the demo, or to give your code away because your device isn't powerful enough to run the demo.

Can i connect my PS4 controller to my smart TV through USB cable?

Back