Your Favourite Shenmue I & II Streams and Let's Plays

Personally I like to watch people who are playing for the first time because it's great to witness them reacting afresh and being won over by these one-of-a-kind games, but I'm open to any and all suggestions, including self-promotion ;)

I'll start off by recommending Brutalmoose's streams of both games. Just a really nice dude who was determined to play through them spoiler-free and figure out stuff naturally:

I discovered this the other day and its now my favourite Let's Play.

I used to watch this guy's videos during uni. His channel discusses mental health issues (mainly depression and anxiety), but he's now started playing video games on his channel to show people how therapeutic gaming can be.

I hope this opens up Shenmue to a whole new community of people. Shenmue's slow-paced storytelling, soothing music and focus on exploration makes for a perfect video game to de-stress with.

Lucky Hit Series' playthroughs of Shenmue and Shenmue II are my favourites. Two brothers (one of whom is a massive fan of the series, while the other is more on the appreciator end of the spectrum) providing interesting, insightful, and, most commonly, colourful commentary throughout. Neither is afraid to take the right piss out of the game when the opportunity arises, of which there are so many.

Notable mentions:

ScottishDuck17 - Shenmue and Shenmue II

AgentAnnK - her playlists are a bit mental, but start from here and you should be all good

Here's a couple good ones from Gametrailers: Shenmue 1 & Shenmue 2.

The Shenmue 2 one in particular is good because it's done before and after the 2015 E3 release so they speak about Shenmue 3 and that it may never happen etc etc.

Gameinformer: Shenmue 2

Moose2: His Shenmue 1 playthrough is great and so is the Shenmue 2 one. He plays these just as the HD versions are announced.

I discovered this the other day and its now my favourite Let's Play.

I used to watch this guy's videos during uni. His channel discusses mental health issues (mainly depression and anxiety), but he's now started playing video games on his channel to show people how therapeutic gaming can be.

I hope this opens up Shenmue to a whole new community of people. Shenmue's slow-paced storytelling, soothing music and focus on exploration makes for a perfect video game to de-stress with.
I'm up-to-date on this one now, so thanks :D It's funny how enthusiastic he is about the small details.

"OMG, I can pick up an ORANGE!? What is this, LA Noire!?" :ROFLMAO:

That's what most of us are like our first time through. If there's one thing that can be said for all Shenmue fans, it's that we all appreciate attention to detail ☕

Other than GameTrailers this is my favorite Let's Play of both games:

Back