Your PC specs for the Trial & Shenmue 3

GPU scaling is pretty good these days? I think 1440p will always get you a sharper image and reduce aliasing over 1080p.

Works perfectly fine on max at 1080p with:
Gtx 1060 6gb OC
i5-4590
12gb DDR3 Ram

Also wanna say that this game is incredibly optimized, and even works if you lower settings on integrated graphics such as Intel HD 4400.

RYZEN 3700X
16GB 3600MHZ DDR4
GTX 1080

Played a few times on 144hz gsync monitor was absolutely fantastic silky smooth never dipped under 60fps I never benchmarked it but eyeballing it was always around 80fps the game only stuttered a handful of times in 6 playthroughs very happy with the game and the final build can only get better etc etc

Plugged my PC my 4K oled to see the game in 4k on a high quality screen and yeah... My PC couldn't handle it at all it was around 40fps full of screen tear and stuttered and jumped like mad.

Wish I had a 2080ti ?? but yeah in 4K it looked stunning when I was still.

Has anyone ever posted some results of the demo running in an SLI setup? I wonder if it supports it at all, though UE4 is at least known to do on an alternate frame rendering basis. So not really sure if it would ever be worth it at all.

Radeon Software Version - 19.9.3
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - Radeon RX 570 Series
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1268 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
This is my shiny new PC Omen HP. With a PS4 controller. I had zero problems running Odyssey on ultra, or Shenmue 3 on very high. My monitor though is from the older PC 1080p max. I like it though. The games look right on it. Many I play are older, so higher res might even hurt some of them. Shenmue 3 looks beautiful on this set up.

RYZEN 3700X
16GB 3600MHZ DDR4
GTX 1080

Played a few times on 144hz gsync monitor was absolutely fantastic silky smooth never dipped under 60fps I never benchmarked it but eyeballing it was always around 80fps the game only stuttered a handful of times in 6 playthroughs very happy with the game and the final build can only get better etc etc

Plugged my PC my 4K oled to see the game in 4k on a high quality screen and yeah... My PC couldn't handle it at all it was around 40fps full of screen tear and stuttered and jumped like mad.

Wish I had a 2080ti ?? but yeah in 4K it looked stunning when I was still.
Well, if 4k does that I'm glad I kept my old monitor. I can always shoot it on TV for a bit via the HDMI. That's 4k. Maybe in time the prices will go down and those cards won't run the insane amounts they do now. Were talking 1 199,00 $ They can keep it for now. When a mid ranged card does so great on all the newest games if you don't go overboard. My opinion anyhow.

Also, I really REALLY hope that in the full game there will be more graphic settings options like AA and AF level an other things
Just look on nexus mods about 1&2, or and Skyrim. Fans will do it. In fact some things for Skyrim I installed not long ago would have Blue Screened my old PC. On my new they look plain awesome. All non officially supported. It'll happen, give it time once it's released.

I might have the most unique setup for Shenmue 3:

I'll be using a 27" 2017 iMac with Windows 10 installed.

4.2 GHz Intel i7 CPU
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon Pro 575 4 GB

It's what I've been using to record my videos on. I get a pretty consistent 60 fps at 1080p/ high detail. At 4K, I get around 30 fps more or less.

Good news, everything works great with my £200 Xeon and 970! I can get 60fps at 1080p, and hopefully this setup will last me when Shenmue 4 comes out so I don't have to shell out for a ps5 :)

Good news, everything works great with my £200 Xeon and 970! I can get 60fps at 1080p, and hopefully this setup will last me when Shenmue 4 comes out so I don't have to shell out for a ps5 :)
Well I don't know. Look out for RX 570-580 to be on sale 8 gigs of DDR 5. By the time you need it for Shenmue 4 they'll run less than mine did. Radeon cards do the same as Nvidia, but seem to always cost less for the same types. Just think on that. My Radeon is just great for all the games, and emulators too.

I might have the most unique setup for Shenmue 3:

I'll be using a 27" 2017 iMac with Windows 10 installed.

4.2 GHz Intel i7 CPU
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon Pro 575 4 GB

It's what I've been using to record my videos on. I get a pretty consistent 60 fps at 1080p/ high detail. At 4K, I get around 30 fps more or less.
Goes to show you, yours is 574, mine is 570, but a bit better stats. those numbers can be deceiving I guess. I'm sure it all works fine. It's just Odyssey on ultra, and Shenmue 3 maxed on 570 armor 8 gigs of ddr 5 are something special. They both would likely run fine on yours too, but I pig out and put videos on TV with the second HDMI while I play on ultra. My old PC would have exploded trying that. Can't wait for the full Shenmue 3.

Yeah, Xeon are powerhouses. Anything from ~2010 later,quad core or better, of the Xeon family should run Shenmue fine.

Running an older i5 3570k overclocked to 4.3 ghz on liquid cooling, 16 gigs of ddr3 ram, and a evga rtx 2070 8 gig ram. Also running a 144 hz 1440p monitor and the game runs at about 90 to 100 fps maxed with no stutter. Fortunately 1440p puts less stress on the cpu and more on the gpu but I think this is the last gen before I will need to upgrade my mobo and cpu.

My video is below to show performance. I have been really lucky with the singleplayer games but inceasingly struggling with some of the newer ubisoft games mainly because my CPU.

Last edited:

£200? Seems a very nice deal.
If you don't mind, could I ask if you'd share it's full specs?
I'm looking myself to build (first time) something within a budget just for Shenmue 3 and your build sounds like something I'd like to try.

Running an older i5 3570k overclocked to 4.3 ghz on liquid cooling, 16 gigs of ddr3 ram, and a evga rtx 2070 8 gig ram. Also running a 144 hz 1440p monitor and the game runs at about 90 to 100 fps maxed with no stutter. Fortunately 1440p puts less stress on the cpu and more on the gpu but I think this is the last gen before I will need to upgrade my mobo and cpu.

My video is below to show performance. I have been really lucky with the singleplayer games but inceasingly struggling with some of the newer ubisoft games mainly because my CPU.

I don't know, my set up is different more AMD, but AC Odyssey runs on ultra, and never a problem. Maybe try DDR5 ram if your board supports it. That made a huge difference. Maybe since your card is very new and strong, save that, but look at newer PC's with a big power supply, (learned enough to order with a nice and powerful. Never even hear it, or the video card's fan.) and DDR 5 ram. It did cost some extra to get that, yes. Omen from HP on their site, not pre built, you can get exactly as you like it. I'm talking for the future, you're probably fine for a few years as you are. My old thing was already 9 years old, and the board had some big limitations. So I'm very happy I got Omen for my 45th birthday. Great for games, but great for plain movies shot to TV via HDMI too. Great for surfing the web.

I don't know, my set up is different more AMD, but AC Odyssey runs on ultra, and never a problem. Maybe try DDR5 ram if your board supports it. That made a huge difference. Maybe since your card is very new and strong, save that, but look at newer PC's with a big power supply, (learned enough to order with a nice and powerful. Never even hear it, or the video card's fan.) and DDR 5 ram. It did cost some extra to get that, yes. Omen from HP on their site, not pre built, you can get exactly as you like it. I'm talking for the future, you're probably fine for a few years as you are. My old thing was already 9 years old, and the board had some big limitations. So I'm very happy I got Omen for my 45th birthday. Great for games, but great for plain movies shot to TV via HDMI too. Great for surfing the web.

That won't be possible. I assembled my PC and the board I have does not support DDR5.

I'm in a very similar situation. i5 2500K and gtx 1080. The GPU is more than fine for a lot of games, but I'm heavily getting bottle necked by my processor especially when it comes to games that actually use more than 4 cores. AC Odyssey is one game that I have also noticed struggles, and it would run a lot better on a i7 or 8 core AMD processor. I agree that this is the last gen before an upgrade, as the new generation of consoles will all have (and utilize) all 8 cores and 16 threads.

Luckily, Shenmue 3 runs like a dream as I'm at 1080p well over 100fps, so I'm very happy there (and relieved). As you said, I want to upgrade, but as we have had the same 1155 socket MoBo's for so long, we have to not only upgrade that CPU, but MoBo, RAM, Cooler etc all at the same time lol which is expensive. For the first time in years, I feel like I might go with AMD over Intel as the Ryzen 7 series are looking pretty incredible for price/performance. I'm just hoping their next chip will be have higher single core performance.

Also, not sure what Dmitry's talking about, as DDR5 RAM is not out yet :p (unless he is talking about GDDR5 lol).

Back