Your thoughts on the Blizzard Shitestorm?

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
This is the biggest PR tanking moved I'd ever seen in gaming tbh. Ur thoughts? :unsure:

Here are various alternative news choices if you need to catch up or a recap:

P.S. Also, worst timing ever as well. Blizzcon 2019 is in a few weeks. It's gunna be crazy.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised by all the backlash, honestly. I kind of just expected it to fly under the radar or get split across partisan lines like seemingly fucking everything these days. In this case, there seems to be more or less bipartisan condemnation of their cowering.

Last edited:
In theory, not even talking about who you support China or Hong Kong, the player specially should be banned(although he should get his prize money taken away, that's BS). There should be a bad on all political statement period.

Lets be real, if he was in the US, and he made a speech about hating Trump, he wouldn't have been banned, and instead Blizzard would be propping him up.

However this is scumbag Blizzard, whom has no high ground whatso ever to stand on, we're talking about here. They'll only enforcing rules that goes against their stance in the US, while in China taking a stance they would never take here.

Then in anycase what really blows the whistle(that really didn't need to be blown, as everyone knows what kind of scumbags that run Blizzard already), they fired the announcers that had nothing to do with a player saying something dumb.

Mind you everyone, this is the same company who spreads this LGBT+- or what propaganda, ban signs that are hate symbals(but because the far left said it is), and host a competition, but is against competitiveness...as well.

That's only their more recent BS, shall we get into how they have always treated their employees(and frankly their fans as well) ?

Lets be real, if he was in the US, and he made a speech about hating Trump, he wouldn't have been banned, and instead Blizzard would be propping him up.
Honestly, I was thinking exactly this the other day. It's a big reason as to why I'm not buying their "no politics" defense that I would've accepted for many other devs.

The punishment doesn't fit the "Crime" is where I'm most suspect of foul play on blizzard's end. It feels too cruel and unusual.

Ofcourse it doesn't, the only thing that ever warrants retracting someone's winnings, is if they were caught "cheating", that's it, period.

I'm pretty sure, if they did that in the US, it would be downright illegal. If Blizzard actually really feels someone damaged their brand(more then they have them selves, I doubt it), then they need to "sue" for damages, not withhold winnings someone earned.

Last edited:
what are you referring to ?

I'm referring to how everytime Blizzard is looking for a pat on the back, they make a char gay(don't know why such matters, especially in a game like overwatch), and then they made this very agenda pushing comic.

You can tell when someone is doing it for a pat on the back or they're really just trying to be inclusive, and that's just how the char is.

Yea, forgot to ask. I'd like sources for that too pls? I don't follow Blizzard too closely to know everything(drama) going on.

Just tpe in overwatch, there's so many outlets covering it. Also you can type in Tracer comic, and you should find sources specifically talking about the comic.

Blizzard is clearly doing all this to just get attention, It's rather cringy, even the LGBTQ+ whatever community don't like it.

I'm referring to how everytime Blizzard is looking for a pat on the back, they make a char gay(don't know why such matters, especially in a game like overwatch), and then they made this very agenda pushing comic.

You can tell when someone is doing it for a pat on the back or they're really just trying to be inclusive, and that's just how the char is.

Wasn’t soldier 76 the most recent one, and that was awhile ago? It makes sense for some characters to be LGBT, statistically it’s not possible for all of them to be straight lmao

So was there like a majority backlash or just a vocal minority? Did Blizzard reverted back? I don't follow closely to be informed nor do I want to waste too much time to sort out the Dirt if I can avoid it.

So was there like a majority backlash or just a vocal minority? Did Blizzard reverted back? I don't follow closely to be informed nor do I want to waste too much time to sort out the Dirt if I can avoid it.

Originally it was minor(people thought it was funny at worst), but by the time they made the comic, made even more characters gay(because evidently Blizzard doesn't understand lthe concept of less is more or that never run the same scam twice), it has become overwhelm disliked.

No, they left it be, because It's not the fans they care about, It's shill media singing their praises that Blizzard thinks is important.

Yea, you're better off just ignoring/avoided a lot of this relatively minor nonsense.

PS. I miss the days when games journalists cared actually about gameplay/how good a game was, rather then if a game is pushing a political message or not sigh.

Last edited:
Back