YouTube pre-roll ad trailer.

I've just seen it, I didn't realise people were tracking it down so went straight to the Shenmue youtube page to re-watch it and realised it isn't saved anywhere. Didn't realise it was like gold dust, I'm so sorry guys.

It was randomly in Spanish, but the actual trailer dialog was in English. It's only 30 seconds and can describe what I remember if you want. It also linked me to this website, when I played it. https://shenmue3.deepsilver.com/es....fJQ95AKMZJXzDoo28B3yn3x9FZq9swgxoCcUcQAvD_BwE

There's some footage from the previous trailers, there's a small section of an old woman looking at the mirror, and Ryo says "I need to know why the mirrors are so important that my Father had to die". It ends with Ryo kicking down a door, and it then cuts to Lan Di standing up, but I'm unsure if it's the same scene or just cut to look like it, and Ryo shouts "Fight me!"
Oh man, lucky! Could you try triggering it again on the video you saw it on?

If you do, pause it - right click - go to the "stats for nerds" option - and check the Video ID stat. The sequence of letters and numbers on the left are the way to get to the unlisted ad link.

Oh, and yes please for the description. Stick it in a spoiler tag though, just in case.

I've just seen it, I didn't realise people were tracking it down so went straight to the Shenmue youtube page to re-watch it and realised it isn't saved anywhere. Didn't realise it was like gold dust, I'm so sorry guys.

It was randomly in Spanish, but the actual trailer dialog was in English. It's only 30 seconds and can describe what I remember if you want. It also linked me to this website, when I played it. https://shenmue3.deepsilver.com/es....fJQ95AKMZJXzDoo28B3yn3x9FZq9swgxoCcUcQAvD_BwE

There's some footage from the previous trailers, there's a small section of an old woman looking at the mirror, and Ryo says "I need to know why the mirrors are so important that my Father had to die". It ends with Ryo kicking down a door, and it then cuts to Lan Di standing up, but I'm unsure if it's the same scene or just cut to look like it, and Ryo shouts "Fight me!"

What video were you watching and what country are you in? Also, did the ad play at the start of the video or during the video?

And did the trailer say "Coming November 19th"

Last edited:
This is like trying to catch Abra in the original Pokemon games lol
hqdefault.jpg

beLIEve. i need scissors!

Reality: Early, accidental leak of marking blitz in next week or two. Aided by claim there was also a bad typo with "Our Nov 19" rather than "out"

Mind blown: viral pre-marketing sneak peek only intended to be caught by Shenmue die hard fans. Proverbial Durals/Yukawas of the Abe Store raffle--ARG not seen since I Love Bees.

This video has a ton of gaming ad's on it, try it out guysssss

I wasn't kidding when I said I have been clicking through hundreds of videos trying to find it. Are there any tips? How do developers target ads on Youtube? Is it not random?

I didn't know this was a thing, I have been watching dozens of videos, yet haven't seen it yet.

If you do, pause it - right click - go to the "stats for nerds" option - and check the Video ID stat. The sequence of letters and numbers on the left are the way to get to the unlisted ad link.
Do not do this unless you plan to record it first. I just tried it on some random ads and got "Video unavailable" for them. Although it did work on some.

I tried to figure out how YouTube serves ads, but sadly they're sent with the player metadata when you load a video so there's no way to force it to give just ads or their ID's.

Last edited:
I've turned off my ad blocker and have had youtube running gaming videos all morning on another screen and am surprised by the lack of ads to be honest. I feel like I notice ads much more on Twitch as you always get the pre-roll ad no matter what, and it's usually ~30 seconds or so. Either way, I keep getting the same ads over and over (Borderlands 3, COD, Outer Worlds, PS Plus, Death Stranding etc). I feel like there is some kind of grace period, in which youtube will not serve you an ad, if you have just had 8 in a row from refreshing as well. Also, It's actually mad how you can just refresh the page a few times to skip the add lol much quicker than waiting for that 5 second ad skip button.

Who would have thought that hunting for an ad would have been this hard :p I wondering if they were just testing the ad campaign yesterday, and they might have now paused it until closer to release or to change something etc. Would be great if someone else comes out and tells us that they have seen it today :p

Back