Ghost of Tsushima.

Possible 10/10 maybe a 4/10. Am sure one reviewer will give it πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ out of 🀬🀬🀬🀬🀬. I try to find reviewers that are around my age for an opinion close to mine or understands that with age, free time is limited and worth more then its weight in gold. even though I will still read a dozen or so no matter what age they are, especially low score reviews.

I am praying that the game has a "bushido blade" difficultly. Am dreaming to think it will. Am not that crazy about hack and slashes and dont have the patience for the sekiro style of combat so thats a wait and see as they haven't gone into detail about the combat.

the cinematic experience of the open world is really exciting.
Am not an "explorer" in open world games.
I stick to the missions and in most cases am ready to "get it" over with before burn out sets in. Which happens a lot.

BoTw was one of the few games that I would just go walk/run around, rarely using a horse. every aspect of its open world exploration was very enjoyable and satisfying.
So with sucker punch taking a cue/inspiration from BoTw. The exploration aspect with all the cinematic scenery is such a cool, great, and engaging concept. if Sucker punch can pull it off.

For people on this forum that will get buy soon. I really want to hear your thoughts on it, I mw interested but I did get burned out of Ubisoft like open world style of games and for what I read it might follow that template of game design.

I Wasn't able to watch the video due to my internet being complete shit. So if the video is complete Crap, I apologize.
People on reddit are excited that GoT is like BoTw in the open world exploration sense according to her.

Creward- am almost done with odyssey. What you said hits too close to home. If this person is right, which I hope she is. then am not worried about the burn out. Unless you hated BoTw.

I will definitely be picking this up on Friday. A long time ago when I envisioned wanting to create video games my initial idea was a samurai epic, heavily inspired by Kenshin Humura and the manga. This looks like a game in similar vein and I love the colours!

This game looks amazing. It doesn't look like anything that has been done before. It seems to have some similar artistry and 'vibe' to Shenmue. Though it was no masterpiece, the last samurai/ninja game I played that I liked was Tenchu Stealth Assassins on PS1. Disappointing there hasn't been anything worthwhile in the genre since then.

This game looks amazing. It doesn't look like anything that has been done before. It seems to have some similar artistry and 'vibe' to Shenmue. Though it was no masterpiece, the last samurai/ninja game I played that I liked was Tenchu Stealth Assassins on PS1. Disappointing there hasn't been anything worthwhile in the genre since then.
You're making me want this.

I have too many games to play.

STOP IT!

I love the combat. It’s so satisfying. The dodging is a little janky, as is the camera during battle, but if you know action games, then you get used to it. I know reviews said the world is really basic by today’s standards, but I love it. To me, it’s far more interesting to explore than the worlds of Sleeping Dogs or Days Gone.

That Digital Foundry review was spot on about the presentation. The game is beautiful overall, but the animation is surprisingly lacking in areas. And there’s clipping everywhere.

I always wanted a game like Kingdom Come Deliverance but set in feudal Japan.
This is probably the closest thing that i will ever get.
Also i dont get why there are always people who say things like "we already have Nioh and Sekiro, the setting is boring now".
Ghost of Tsushima is like the first game ever where you can walk around on a japanese island with AAA production value
and its not about god like samurai warriors or evil yokai monsters.

I always wanted a game like Kingdom Come Deliverance but set in feudal Japan.
This is probably the closest thing that i will ever get.
Also i dont get why there are always people who say things like "we already have Nioh and Sekiro, the setting is boring now".
Ghost of Tsushima is like the first game ever where you can walk around on a japanese island with AAA production value
and its not about god like samurai warriors or evil yokai monsters.
Well I think it's similar to KCD only in the age. Genre, art and gameplay seems totaly different

I'm not much of a gamer anymore though part of my work is reselling video games/consoles/etc. I did hang on to my Xbox One for Mortal Kombat 11 and Mortal Kombat X though(and to a lesser degree the only good Tomb Raider trilogy 2013-2018). After beating Shenmue 3 two times I sold my PS4 back in April while COVID prices were peaked and had no interest in buying another one for personal use, but Ghost of Tsushima is highly tempting me to keep the next one that trades in, or if that doesn't happen in the coming days I may go against my policy of 'never buy at retail prices, ever' and actually purchase a PS4 full price to play it despite COVID prices and the upcoming PS5 release that will crash the PS4 prices in a few months. It really has caught my attention unlike anything else since Shenmue 1.

Most annoying thing so far in researching G.O.T is all the comparisons to Sekiro and Nioh. It's the same comparisons we see here with Shenmue and Yakuza. "Yakuza has martial arts and Asian people...it's just like Shenmue!" what an insult to Shenmue in every way. Yakuza is like a generic Sleeping Dogs(and SD wasn't even that good)

"Sekiro/Nioh has samurai ninjas and Asian people....Ghost of Tsushima is a ripoff!" lol oh man....I haven't played G.O.T yet so I won't bolster it until I do, but playing Sekiro is like Call of Duty intellect level with cheap samurai paint and Nioh is even worse...who wants to play a Final Fantasy-esque samurai game? G.O.T looks simple and reserved in it's realism which is highly attractive and beautiful in it's delivery and artistry, no over the top fantasy elements from the extensive research I've done. I like the implications of composing Haiku and the spiritual component to what I've seen of the G.O.T package as well as the practical worldly story of fighting for something you love. Curious to hear more from those who have played G.O.T!

Had the game since Friday. I Finally got to play for a couple of hours today. I started roaming around doing side quests/shrines at the first chance. Got my ass kicked alot and really enjoyed the enemy doing the finishing blow. Even though it has happened once too many.
I've just read that the first mission should be done asap as it has some important "things" to give the player a fighting chance against the Horde.
Lesson learned, but too late to do me any good. lol

This game is the real deal. I tend to hate most AAA open world games. I guess the setting is the big difference for me.
Combat is simplistic, but like someone above said, extremely satisfying. Graphics are stunning. I also really like the Infamous games, so I was already on board with Sucker Punch.

As for comparisons to NiOH, there is hardly anything to compare. NiOH is brutally hard, all about collecting items and replaying the same section of the game many times over. You also mostly fight demons. There are no demons in GOT as far as I can tell. GOT is a AAA open world game through and through. NiOH is an action game with linear stages and boss fights. It's also way too hard for me. I couldn't get past the third level after like 50 attempts at getting through one section of a cave. :( Haven't tried Sekiro and I doubt I ever will; I really don't have the time or patience for brutally hard games anymore. On a scale from 1-10, I prefer about 5 or 6 difficulty level.

My only complaint so far is the Japanese dub lip syncing is pretty distracting in cutscenes. It looks & sounds detached from the animations. I wonder if the cutscenes come across better with the English dub, which I assume is what the mouths are synced to. I really don't want to play a Japanese samurai game with English voices...

Last edited:
Back