Random Gaming Thoughts

Honestly, they could re-texture final showdown, add a couple of new characters, online play, and that would be enough at this point. There's like a generation of younger gamers who have never played Virtua Fighter now - very sad indeed
I wonder if some would get what VF was trying to do. It can be quite technical with some characters but damn satisfying if you put the work in. Easy to play difficult to master sums up VF for me and I wonder if the younger crowd might only scratch the surface

I wonder if some would get what VF was trying to do. It can be quite technical with some characters but damn satisfying if you put the work in. Easy to play difficult to master sums up VF for me and I wonder if the younger crowd might only scratch the surface

I'm almost certain he younger generation would be able to dissect it. Also if Sega releases another Virtual Fighter the pro fighting community would be on board as well(EVO).

I'm almost certain he younger generation would be able to dissect it. Also if Sega releases another Virtual Fighter the pro fighting community would be on board as well(EVO).
That would be good. Really get that exposure that it deserves!

Honestly, they could re-texture final showdown, add a couple of new characters, online play, and that would be enough at this point. There's like a generation of younger gamers who have never played Virtua Fighter now - very sad indeed

Facts bro, everybody is dropping re releases anyways. Capcom/Street Fighter has been getting away with murder, I have no issues with Virtual Fighter cutting a few corners. Especially if Yu Suzuki can convince them to convert it over to the Unreal Engine.🤔🤯😁

Facts bro, everybody is dropping re releases anyways. Capcom/Street Fighter has been getting away with murder, I have no issues with Virtual Fighter cutting a few corners. Especially if Yu Suzuki can convince them to convert it over to the Unreal Engine.🤔🤯😁
Most re releases are simple remasters that do not require the amount of work that a remake requires so they are extremely cost effective. I do not see sega doing a complete remake.

As long as AM2 is behind the helm, I wouldn't have a problem with this. My only concern would be SEGA having AM2 water down the combat system in order to appeal to a more casual audience. All one needs to do is look at the difference between Guilty Gear Accent Core and Xrd to see what I mean.

Virtua Fighter is one of the last franchises to not capitulate to contemporary game design. Which explains why the series is respected, but not popular among most gamers. Though it is heartening to see that there is still a community supporting it.

Last edited:
Got Sonic the Fighters on the PS3 cuz my kid is hooked on Sonic and it’s an AM2 game produced by our favorite game developer (double positive). Why’s it get such a bad rap? The animations and graphics are awesome and it’s perfectly playable: I’d take a million Sonic the Fighters over Smash Brothers. I certainly wish it were more content rich, but I got my money’s worth for $5.
Oh, now he can get more psyched about some of those capsule toys as well...

Last edited:
I need to look at which games to play and I have a feeling I know why I am ignoring most of them.
In general taking a break from the PS4 and looking at other things to do. What I am really waiting for is news on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and when it will be available to purchase on iOS etc. Other than that for the most part I am ignoring stuff and decided what I should go back to.

Got Sonic the Fighters on the PS3 cuz my kid is hooked on Sonic and it’s an AM2 game produced by our favorite game developer (double positive). Why’s it get such a bad rap? The animations and graphics are awesome and it’s perfectly playable: I’d take a million Sonic the Fighters over Smash Brothers. I certainly wish it were more content rich, but I got my money’s worth for $5.
Oh, now he can get more psyched about some of those capsule toys as well...

It gets a bad rap?

Amongst the classic/retro circles (I'm talking like 10 years ago though), it was always held in high regard.

And I agree about the SSB comment ;)

I looked at some reviews of the port and the critics all seem to think it's very average and simplistic, or claim that the game was considered 'the black sheep of the franchise' many years ago. I mean it's a Sonic fighting game with super-rad graphics and based on Fighting Vipers. Maybe they need to check their expectations. I loved Fighters Megamix and obv. I know the characters from Shenmue as well, so I had some nostalgia for the game in a weird way, despite never playing it.

For those who care, I found my Nintendo Switch today after I went missing for a week. It was in the storage compartment on the back of the front passenger seat in my car. My wife out it there and it would have been there until I sold the damn thing as I never put my hand down there. Luckily, something told me to check just as I was getting out of the car today.

Do you guys think the PS4 or Xbone controller is better for 2D games? I use a DS4 and like the higher priority d-pad placement, but I've heard really good things about the actual d-pad on the Xbone controller. Maybe the placement of the d-pad on that controller isn't as bad as it looks to me?

Also while I'm at it, has anyone tried one of those retrobit Megadrive 6-pads? I've been thinking of grabbing one of those as well. I have a USB converter and an actual 6-pad already which is the only reason I haven't already grabbed one, but I figure the converter probably adds some considerable input lag.

Also while I'm at it, has anyone tried one of those retrobit Megadrive 6-pads? I've been thinking of grabbing one of those as well. I have a USB converter and an actual 6-pad already which is the only reason I haven't already grabbed one, but I figure the converter probably adds some considerable input lag.

I have one and it's ok, I have the version with the proper Genesis port. However, my B button tends to get stuck so I've been using the 8bitdo pad a bit more. It's not as clicky and feels slightly mushier than the retrobit but overall feels really nice.

I opened up my retrobit controller and tried to see if there were any obvious issues I could fix (to note, I've never really been someone to mod or fix any of my own gear, so I'm kind of clueless there, haha) and I noticed my pad was made in 2017, so I wonder if there's a newer production line that fixed the issue.

I bought one of the Brooks PS3->PS4 super converters so I can use a Retrobit USB Genesis controller on the PS4, but I'm waiting for my Limited Run SOR4 to arrive before I use it. From what I've read they work really well without any to much lag, and you could also get the Saturn USB controller instead and use it the same way. They have the super converters for Xbone as well (unless you're talking about playing games on PC?)

Slightly disgruntled that Gotham Knights isn't set in the Arkhamverse but still picks up where Arkham Knight left off.

I hate these little half-in/half-out jobs.

Soooooo the only thing that rivals my 💘 for Shenmue is my love for all things Batman. With that being said I'm not as excited for Batman Gotham Knights as I thought I would be. Its still early and I could be completely wrong but its not what I was expecting.

1. There is no Batman: As much as I like the Bat universe I don't want to play primarily as the supporting cast. I know Batman already has 4 games but I still want Batman. Its like Shenmue: The Tales of Fuku-san😂. IMO the other characters should've been optional/co-op options or sidekick tag in/tag out options. Again I could be wrong.

2. It still looks like it's lacking the open world feel: One big criticism of the Arkham games is the lack of a living breathing city. It doesn't look like there are citizens in Gotham again. The Spiderman🕸 game has already laid a foundation on how this should be done. I have a bad feeling that WB is gonna use the same excuse they always use:"The city has been evacuated." I hope I'm wrong this is early footage.

3. The introduction of "The Court of Owls:" I'm actually really excited for this the problem is we are experiencing it through the lens of Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood. The Court of Owls is some of the most badass opposition that Batman has faced. We should be playing as Batman.

4. Leveling system: The guy narrating the gameplay said that when leveling up your opposition does as well. Im really excited about this feature. I'm guessing its meant to keep you in your toes so you don't become complacent during gameplay.

The Suicide Squad game has me interested. Rocksteady is still holding back alot of info about this game. Where is Deathstroke? Is the Joker in the game? Is Batman(I hope so)? I need to see more.

SIDENOTE: Why is Deadshot black? WTF😂🤔🤣

Last edited:
I have one and it's ok, I have the version with the proper Genesis port. However, my B button tends to get stuck so I've been using the 8bitdo pad a bit more. It's not as clicky and feels slightly mushier than the retrobit but overall feels really nice.

I opened up my retrobit controller and tried to see if there were any obvious issues I could fix (to note, I've never really been someone to mod or fix any of my own gear, so I'm kind of clueless there, haha) and I noticed my pad was made in 2017, so I wonder if there's a newer production line that fixed the issue.

I bought one of the Brooks PS3->PS4 super converters so I can use a Retrobit USB Genesis controller on the PS4, but I'm waiting for my Limited Run SOR4 to arrive before I use it. From what I've read they work really well without any to much lag, and you could also get the Saturn USB controller instead and use it the same way. They have the super converters for Xbone as well (unless you're talking about playing games on PC?)
Oh dang, that's not good. I'll have to look into it and see if that's still an issue with the newer ones. I love the Saturn pad too of course, don't get me wrong, but I think the genny 6-pad might just be my all time favorite 2D controller. Something about it just feels so good. But yeah, I'm just playing on PC.

Back