Next Generation Thoughts

Are you planning on getting either console within a year of their release?

• Yes - PS5

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Yes - Xbox Series X

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Yes - Both

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
But anyways....

I pre ordered a PS5 on Amazon yesterday.

I wasn't going to but then it kind of just got the better of me. I figure I'm gonna buy one anyways so might as well just do it now and get it out of the way.

Went with the disc drive version. Couldn't pull the trigger on digital only. I'd still like the option of digital or disc. That and Japanese imports. Got to get those Japanese Yakuza releases.
Digital ps5 is a trap I am sure that they want to kill the second hand market without reducing digital prices as an incentive.

I wonder how comfy the controller is and how long it might be until it can be used for pc games. I suppose the PS4 one is pretty good for the time being.
The ps4 controller battery life was the worst of the worst, I hope they fixed that in the ps5.

Digital ps5 is a trap I am sure that they want to kill the second hand market without reducing digital prices as an incentive.

I thought so too or lets say i thought Sony would prefer the Digital version
and try anything they can do to push that edition.
But werent there recent reports by big retailers and distribution companies
that out of the whole PS5 pallet thats available for the stores worldwide
only 20-30% are digital editions? The digital edition was sold out first everywhere because of that reason.
Which would mean that Sony is producing way more disc editions.
Not that i have any problem with that.

Really feel bumped out how little these new gen has me excited. Wonder if I'm losing my passion for this hobby. Afte Shenmue III I've barely gamed at all and don't see any experiences that excite me. The 6th gen was truly the last amazing gaming generation when SEGA was still part of the hardware business. Maybe I'm just getting old but man, I miss those days.

Really feel bumped out how little these new gen has me excited. Wonder if I'm losing my passion for this hobby. Afte Shenmue III I've barely gamed at all and don't see any experiences that excite me. The 6th gen was truly the last amazing gaming generation when SEGA was still part of the hardware business. Maybe I'm just getting old but man, I miss those days.

Well, maybe you are missinformed (is that a word?). You have to dig a bit deeper. Maybe we can make a topic of greatest games of the last gen?

Well, maybe you are missinformed (is that a word?). You have to dig a bit deeper. Maybe we can make a topic of greatest games of the last gen?
Been there, done that already. I've already dug and played through the most acclaimed games of this past generation. Stuff like Bloodborne, Witcher 3, BOTW etc. None of those games did anything to me. I just think I'm kind of done with the hobby in a hardcore way. Shenmue III was the only thing keeping me active in the hobby, and with that already out, I'm again feeling distant from it. The days of getting original unconventional titles from the 6th gen seem to be over. Oh well. Atleast I can still go back and replay those 6th gen titles and the Shenmue games anytime.

View attachment 9067

Interesting look at the PS5 from a bunch of different angles. Keeping my big mouth shut on this one...

I’ve been gaming exclusively on Sony hardware last two generations and have pre-ordered disk version of PS5 so that’s set to continue.

With that said it’s probably the ugliest console I can recall and I’m dreading having to put it horizontally in my TV cabinet because frankly it’s an eyesore.

I'm genuinely concerned the PS5 won't fit where my PS4 is (standing up). When they first showed the console, I thought they done well and I was signing their praises. Now, especially as they keep showing it on its side, I think it's a bit too much. I've never owned a slim model of any console but definitely looking forward to a revised PS5.

1600633611895.png

With that said it’s probably the ugliest console I can recall and I’m dreading having to put it horizontally in my TV cabinet because frankly it’s an eyesore.

you could hide it behind your tv or even better, set it up and leave it in its cardboard box lol

you could hide it behind your tv or even better, set it up and leave it in its cardboard box lol

I have my TV wall mounted so trying to hide behemoth of console behind TV isn’t practical or aesthetically pleasing.

Sony normally design wise knock it out of the park which makes PS5 extra disappointing.

Reactions: red
Been there, done that already. I've already dug and played through the most acclaimed games of this past generation. Stuff like Bloodborne, Witcher 3, BOTW etc. None of those games did anything to me. I just think I'm kind of done with the hobby in a hardcore way. Shenmue III was the only thing keeping me active in the hobby, and with that already out, I'm again feeling distant from it. The days of getting original unconventional titles from the 6th gen seem to be over. Oh well. Atleast I can still go back and replay those 6th gen titles and the Shenmue games anytime.
Really? You tried Witcher 3 and BOTW and still nothing? You tried like a couple of hours or just a few minutes?

I'm genuinely concerned the PS5 won't fit where my PS4 is (standing up). When they first showed the console, I thought they done well and I was signing their praises. Now, especially as they keep showing it on its side, I think it's a bit too much. I've never owned a slim model of any console but definitely looking forward to a revised PS5.

View attachment 9082

I got a dual monitor setup and am running out of room on my desk as is. So this should be fun to try and Tetris in.

Give Streets of Rage 4 a go. It's a brilliant bit of pick up and play fun with very 90's design sensibilities. Easily my most played game of the year. You can get some nice physical versions too.

Sony normally design wise knock it out of the park which makes PS5 extra disappointing.

It is absurdly hideous, like who signed off on this thing? It's bad enough it's ugly as sin but it's absolutely gigantic to boot.

the-homer-inline4.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: red
Back