General RGG Discussion

And it will be Japan exclusive forever

24330-full.png

I'd kind of love to see them take on another Anime property though.

Hell, let's go crazy. What if they took on a Western Property and gave it the Yakuza spin? Imagine a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game made by the Yakuza team.

Would something like that work or would it lose the charm?

Pretty sure they announced on the main stream that one of the MC's was confused/excited about RGG and accidentally said there would be a new game, but apologised and said she was incorrect :(. Could just be covering up I guess.

Source:-

A New Yakuza Game will be (supposedly) revealed on the 27th of September.

Not even a pandemic can stop them.

Place your bets. What are we getting?

- Ishin Kiwami?
- New Samurai Game?
- Judge Eyes 2?
- More Yakuza Online stuff?

I can't imagine it will be a mainline Yakuza game (that will probably be next year), but weirder things have happened.

But I could see it being maybe Judge Eyes 2 on PS4 and PS5. Considering Judge Eyes did well enough for them to probably warrant a sequel.

Or a new Samurai game. I'd love a new Samurai themed game built on Dragon Engine. It's time we see Samurai Yakuza in Dragon Engine.

Squee!!! :D

I'm guessing it'll be the last game on the PS4, but we'll see (they did 3 multi-platform games during the transition last time, so this would be game #2). Either way, I'm stoked!

If it isn't a Judge Eyes 2, it'll definitely be another spin-off.

EDIT* Just saw the later posts, damn :(

Last edited:
Think they just announced Ishin? Probably not though as I can't find any news on it. Not sure as I can't understand lol Started by bringing in a massive Kiryu statue and then showed an Ishin trailer.

1601039402692.png

Edit: Massive Space Harrier poster now. Wtf is going on lol Are they just showing stuff off? I'm so confused.

Last edited:
Think they just announced Ishin? Probably not though as I can't find any news on it. Not sure as I can't understand lol Started by bringing in a massive Kiryu statue and then showed an Ishin trailer.

View attachment 9188

Edit: Massive Space Harrier poster now. Wtf is going on lol Are they just showing stuff off? I'm so confused.

This is just a show about Sega's 60 birthday and their most valuable treasures

I could've swore I saw article saying that Sega was working on a Yakuza Kiwami 3. This didn't make any sense seeing as how Sega just re released Yakuza 3,4 and 5. I would love for Sega to make a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game based on the Dragon Engine. I know this next game wouldn't happen but if Sega could make a One Piece game based on the Dragon Engine this would be GOTY.

I could've swore I saw article saying that Sega was working on a Yakuza Kiwami 3. This didn't make any sense seeing as how Sega just re released Yakuza 3,4 and 5. I would love for Sega to make a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game based on the Dragon Engine. I know this next game wouldn't happen but if Sega could make a One Piece game based on the Dragon Engine this would be GOTY.

Yakuza Kiwami 3 was a mistake. It was listed on a japanese website in one of the Sega / RGG schedules
but then they clarified it was a mistake and it was just some retrospection for Yakuza Kiwami 2 or the original 3.
Even one of the RGG producers apologized on Twitter.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and the Microsoft Store alongside its previously announced Xbox Series release on November 10, and for PlayStation 5 on March 2, 2021 in the west, publisher Sega and developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio announced.

Users who purchase the digital PlayStation 4 version of Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be able to download the PlayStation 5 version at no additional cost when it launches. The PlayStation 5 version will also be available as a standalone purchase for $59.99.

So if I buy the physical Edition on PS4 I won't get the digital upgrade on PS5... ... See yall in March!

So if I buy the physical Edition on PS4 I won't get the digital upgrade on PS5... ... See yall in March!

Its amazing what happens when you're winning the war. They suddenly become smug and anti consumer.

Microsoft did it at the beginning of this gen.
Now Sony is doing it this next gen coming,

Thats pretty stupid. I mean why dont they put a code in the PS4 retail box that one PS account can redeem
on PS5 for a free upgrade. Yeah sure you could share this code but someone still paid for the game
and also Xbox users only have to pay once and that unlocks the game for every Xbox console.
If you buy the normal Xbox one version, you will also get the Series X enhanced version.
Thats not cool. The new consoles arent even here yet and it already starts to be annoying.

The more Japanese devs ditch Sony, the better imo. They’ve become extremely arrogant in deciding what people can and can’t play despite things like ESRB already existing.

If Microsoft were smart, this is the perfect time to woo Japanese developers into making a switch to their platform. Just because of how Sony has been playing lately.

At this point, I just want Japanese developers to embrace PC.

Give me more games on Steam. Give me Persona 6 on Steam day one. Give me more Yakuza on PC day one (which they're doing). That's all I want. More embracing of PC moving forward.

I do wonder if that's why Atlus has been testing the PC grounds lately with P4 and Catherine. It seems weird to me there is still no P4 port on PS4. Could it be telling that Atlus is maybe getting fed up with Sony's shit?

Last edited:
Thats pretty stupid. I mean why dont they put a code in the PS4 retail box that one PS account can redeem
on PS5 for a free upgrade. Yeah sure you could share this code but someone still paid for the game
and also Xbox users only have to pay once and that unlocks the game for every Xbox console.
If you buy the normal Xbox one version, you will also get the Series X enhanced version.
Thats not cool. The new consoles arent even here yet and it already starts to be annoying.
As fas as I can see Microsoft tries to build an "ecosystem" since they seem to strive for more like games as a service while Sony seems to be more like a "classic" console view so each gen is independent of each other.

As fas as I can see Microsoft tries to build an "ecosystem" since they seem to strive for more like games as a service while Sony seems to be more like a "classic" console view so each gen is independent of each other.

You can buy a physical Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla version on PS4
and you will get a free PS5 upgrade (works digital too of course),
all you have to do is enter the disc
and you always need the disc to start the game because of the license.
It will download the PS5 version for free.

Back