Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

No offense to anybody here in the forum but I never understand it why some people even remotely consider random twitter accounts as credible. They are not worth bothering. Many people dream about a MGS Remake or new Silent Hill just based on random tweets. There is no industry chitchat about MGS or SH. But still people believe in Youtube.

Same goes for Shenmue. 4. Do not get my wrong I also want to

71z+VPTzSnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

but it is not looking for SH 4.

The statement from Yu-San that he is ready to start anytime if he gets the chance does not sound that promising. It is great that Yu has not lost hop and that he is still into Shenmue but it looks like they have not even thought about how to get started.

Last edited:
The statement from Yu-San that he is ready to start anytime if he gets the chance does not sound that promising. It is great that Yu has not lost hop and that he is still into Shenmue but it looks like they have not even thought about how to get started.

Don't forget that Yu and Cedric making it sound like they haven't started work on S4 yet could also just be simple NDA speak. Yu provided similar vague answers about wanting to make Shenmue 3 if given the right opportunity soon before the E3 2015 announcement.

Ok that is a good point. This could be the case as well. So there is still hope that something is moving behind the scenes already. I would not be sad if I was wrong and there is really something going on behind closed doors.

If there was to be a Shenmue 4, is it fair to say it should be in development now? If it's not in development it probably means it's in the same position Shenmue 3 was before it was announced. Is that fair to say?

If there was to be a Shenmue 4, is it fair to say it should be in development now? If it's not in development it probably means it's in the same position Shenmue 3 was before it was announced. Is that fair to say?
Well, you might want to listen to our interview with Cedric. He talks a little bit about the status of Shenmue 4. Or have a quick peek in the topic here :p

Hey all,

Many of you know my Dad passed a few years ago and we bonded due to Shenmue. Now that we've moved into our own home, I decided that I wouldn't let his passion for audio sit in stasis back at the old home.

This past week, I went down and retrieved his audio equipment and brought it back to life, just as he would've wanted. And what better way to do so than play a bit of the music we all know?

It is an unfinished area, but I wanted to share it with the Dojo family.

Addendum: Just wanted to say that video is loud, but that's the volume of the speakers at only 25%. Lol. Dad really didn't play around with his hobby lol

As he shouldn't! Audio input/output are my achilles of tech, but i do at least know, the louder the better. IIRC the internal mechanisms wear out faster if played too low volume too much...?

As he shouldn't! Audio input/output are my achilles of tech, but i do at least know, the louder the better. IIRC the internal mechanisms wear out faster if played too low volume too much...?

I'm not really sure. He had so much equipment that I don't have all of it yet. I ended up posting in an Audiophile group to get advice. They gave me plenty of help and said lower volume is fine since they are Ribbon speakers.

I only use them sparingly because the power draw is enormous. The speakers and amp alone were enough to trip a Monster power strip unless I split them.

After listening to the Cedric interview, it's clear that Deep Silver won't be publishing Shenmue IV. Due to their lack of interest in fan funding, it's going to be more difficult than ever to secure the funding needed for the game. Right now we are in the same place we were in the early 2000's and 2010's, relying on Sega to do what's right.

Fortunately they have turned a new leaf as of late, but if begging Sega to make Shenmue IV is our last option, it's not one I'm happy about.

Back