Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

I wonder if NoconKid would be a good place to start? He is Korean and is a Shenmue super fan so surely would have had some interest in Shenmue Online when it was announced. I can't work out from the wiki if the beta client was actually released in Korean though, or if it was released after JC Entertainment dropped it. The video footage from China Joy was all in Chinese as far as I'm aware.

Edit:- After doing some digging, I've found a few screenshots which are Korean, so there was a Korean Client at some point. Never really looked too much into Shenmue Online so I've never seen these screen captures before, but they are much better quality that what I've seen through the video.
Edit 2:- Just seen the Gallery Section on the Dojo has a bunch of great screenshots which are all mostly in Korean :D
image_shenmue_online-768-627_0004.jpg

Also realised this is an Shenmue Anime thread lol ;) Sorry for adding to the derail :D

Last edited:
I wonder if NoconKid would be a good place to start? He is Korean and is a Shenmue super fan so surely would have had some interest in Shenmue Online when it was announced. I can't work out from the wiki if the beta client was actually released in Korean though, or if it was released after JC Entertainment dropped it. The video footage from China Joy was all in Chinese as far as I'm aware.

Edit:- After doing some digging, I've found a few screenshots which are Korean, so there was a Korean Client at some point. Never really looked too much into Shenmue Online so I've never seen these screen captures before, but they are much better quality that what I've seen through the video.
Edit 2:- Just seen the Gallery Section on the Dojo has a bunch of great screenshots which are all mostly in Korean :D
image_shenmue_online-768-627_0004.jpg

Also realised this is an Shenmue Anime thread lol ;) Sorry for adding to the derail :D
It was almost certainly released in Korean if this 'Time Limit Preview/Closed Beta' actually transpired:

xNSsvem.png

FaJu5oh.jpeg

And yes, this is definitely getting a bit off topic haha, so let's move discussion here: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/shenmue-online.3844

The more I think about the Shenmue anime the less confident I feel about the future of the game side of things. I do believe we will get a Shenmue 4 but Shenmue 5 seems like a stretch if this anime really takes off.

Almost forgot to mention, but the trailer for the anime literally had me at hello. It already captured some of the key moments from the first two installments, and the combat looks really interesting, being kicked up a notch and very anime-y. Also, to cheer some of you guys up, the comment section beneath both the English and Japanese trailers is comprised almost entirely of comments expressing acclaim and hopes of bringing more people into the fanbase. Here's hoping to the anime's success!

the trailer was super fukin epic and everything, but i really wanted the other characters in the trailer (nozomi, gui, iwao, shenhua) to have more screen time...rather than just a fraction of a second and it's literally just their back or part of their face

the trailer was super fukin epic and everything, but i really wanted the other characters in the trailer (nozomi, gui, iwao, shenhua) to have more screen time...rather than just a fraction of a second and it's literally just their back or part of their face
I know what you mean and that is because we are fans of the series; but in my opinion they did it this way to attract a new audience that is not so familiar with the series and I believe they did a really great job with trailer by showing more action scenes rather than showing the more slow paced side of the series.
In fact, if the trailer would have gone the other way around I would have no doubt it would be critisized for it.
Overhaul I think they really nailed it by making the trailer more action packed and with some light story elements along with it.

Back