110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this playing out yesterday and thought it odd they were liking all the tweets.

Fingers crossed, hope it happens. Maybe a new, smaller publisher is what Shenmue needs atm. I know there's tons of niche games for tons of niche audiences that get all kinds of sequels. Why can't Shenmue fit into that category?

In the (terrible) age of "cancel culture", would it be too risk for this company to play with thousands of fans... Well, let's see! Fingers crossed

Late yesterday, Nagai uhmm 110 Industries took the time to like many retweets of the news, being sometimes the only ones to like...

Sounds good ! 👍

Oh, and I've read someone saying they're London based, but their address is in Switzerland. Where I'm going on holiday today. I will be 1 hour from their headquarters. Should I infiltrate ? :unsure:

Screenshot_20220409-090313_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220409-090516_Twitter.jpg

Something is definitely brewing somewhere. I don't see what they would have to gain by trolling a diehard fanbase especially shenmue's fanbase because being seen as liars would hurt the reputation that they have started to build within the industry. The next few weeks should be interesting as we near the end of the anime.

Last edited:
Is that a good or bad thing? I know people absolutely hated the third game and he wasn’t involved. He’s always seemed like a good friend or acquaintance of YS.

Ninja Gaiden 3 was made by a different team, Okamoto and Matsui already left Tecmo by then, so they are not responsible for the mess.
BUT they made made Devil's Third for WiiU together with Itagaki...

Yeah Itagaki and Suzuki are friends, Itagaki also see Suzuki-san as his master.

Last edited:
Given their background as venture capitalists and their impressive ability to raise millions of dollars in financing, I dare say they could. They clearly have the ambition too. That said, it’s not like them funding a fourth Shenmue game is the equivalent of them throwing money down the drain. It’s potentially a great opportunity.
My experience of VCs is that they literally will just throw money down the drain, haha. If it gets Shenmue IV made though, I don't really care, more than happy to fleece a few super rich guys with money to burn.

can't help but think of the adventure series Syberia that had two successful games in early 2000s, a 3rd entry in 2017 that was almost universally panned, and then a 4th entry that just came out last month that is being really well received as a return to form for the series.
Wait, a 4th Syberia game came out!? I didn't even realise. The third game was indeed really bad and I just lost interest after that.

Winter 2020: We learn Yu is shopping around for publishers for Shenmue 4.

Winter 2021: Yu is mysteriously attached to 110 Industries on their TGS stream.

Yu says he has a new game ready to announce this year and 110 Industries are furiously teasing Shenmue 4.

1649513636641.png

Yu says he has a new game ready to announce this year and 110 Industries are furiously teasing Shenmue 4.

View attachment 14785
Then Yu-San just make an joke about he is making Shenmue 4 and show the logo of Shenmue4. Just like the logo of S3 in 2014

View attachment 14785
👏👏👏👏 It's more than coincidental. Everything just add's up and is pointing in that direction. Again I don't see why a relatively new studio would risk hurting the reputation they have built and exstablished by lying about a possible shenmue 4. They're not denying or dismissing any report or article instead they're thumbing them up and following accounts solely dedicated to shenmue and it's fanbase. What you've pointed out above just clicks. They usually say games take 3-4 years for their individual sequels and we are approaching that timeframe now. The anime will be finished up in 3 weeks and they're doing this now. 😉🤔 Shenmue 3 had to constantly be updated for the backers of that project but this time if indeed happening then they're keeping 4 close to their chest and I personally don't blame them for that. Yu got all the feedback he needed from 3 and won't drop teases or logos until his sure this time. 110industries is most likely just putting a little something out there to keep us looking.

Last edited:
The good news would be that he wouldn't be under the immense pressure of providing things for Kickstarter backers, etc.

He could develop and launch a solid trailer for the announcement, rather than the rough ones that sometimes hurt Shenmue III over time since they were under constant criticism to show something.

For anyone wondering if this could just be the work of an overzealous social media manager, I just checked the founder of 110's Twitter and even he's been liking tweets about the Shenmue IV rumours: https://twitter.com/2ndrichestduck/likes

cumP64N.png

For anyone wondering if this could just be the work of an overzealous social media manager, I just checked the founder of 110's Twitter and even he's been liking tweets about the Shenmue IV rumours: https://twitter.com/2ndrichestduck/likes

cumP64N.png
I've just noticed that 110industries is not only following shenmue dojo on twitter but also the shenmue forever twitter account too. 🤔🤔 🙏🙏🤞🤞

Maybe they were willing to give Suzuki the budget that he wanted?

E3 is canceled, so the announcement for Shenmue IV could come at any point. The smart money would be to capitalize on the success of the anime and announce it at the conclusion in early May.

However, there have been rumors of a Sony showcase for some time and they've shown nothing further for their future games, as only God of War: Ragnarok remains in their lineup of big titles this year.

Consider me an anomaly but this sounds almost too good to be true. This isn’t like the forklift tweet a day before E3. If it’s meant to be a surprise, obviously they are clearly telegraphing an announcement but I can’t help but shake feeling they are using Shenmue name and passionate fan base to draw eyes on their studio and generate media and headlines from this. To what ends remains to be seen...

Consider me an anomaly but this sounds almost too good to be true. This isn’t like the forklift tweet a day before E3. If it’s meant to be a surprise, obviously they are clearly telegraphing an announcement but I can’t help but shake feeling they are using Shenmue name and passionate fan base to draw eyes on their studio and generate media and headlines from this. To what ends remains to be seen...

An understandable feeling to have, but something is clearly up here.

In the age of "cancel culture" or just "standing up", though I wouldn't attribute the former concept to this fanbase.

Making egregious mistakes, misleading folks, overpromising and underdelivering, bad PR can cause severe, irreparable damage these days.

It's happened to DICE(2042), CDPR(Cyberpunk, though they persevered), Artesian Builds(destroyed), EA, many folks.

It is an awfully big risk for them to continue taking if nothing is afoot.

For Shenmue, it makes sense for it to be built up to capitalize on fan fervor.

It doesn't need to be a surprise, because no "surprise" announcement of IV will ever reach the heights of being vindicated after 15 years with the shock of III being revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back