110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Shenmue 4 has been confirmed. There is no other way to look at it. We did it again Shenmue 4 is real. Since there is no E3 I expect we could get a announcement through Sony digital presentation or some other game show later this year. What if Sega announces it?

Maybe they were willing to give Suzuki the budget that he wanted?

E3 is canceled, so the announcement for Shenmue IV could come at any point. The smart money would be to capitalize on the success of the anime and announce it at the conclusion in early May.

However, there have been rumors of a Sony showcase for some time and they've shown nothing further for their future games, as only God of War: Ragnarok remains in their lineup of big titles this year.
They debuted at TGS so I'd think they'd attach themselves to TGS again.

I think a trailer accompanying the final episode of the anime would be good timing but who knows at what stage the game is and if it's ready to be shown.

They debuted at TGS so I'd think they'd attach themselves to TGS again.

I think a trailer accompanying the final episode of the anime would be good timing but who knows at what stage the game is and if it's ready to be shown.
I don't even mind if they don't show the game right away.

Honestly, if they just showed a brief voice-over of Ryo or whomever, then show the title, followed with a message thanking fans and thanks to them the story will continue would be more than enough.

Wait, a 4th Syberia game came out!? I didn't even realise. The third game was indeed really bad and I just lost interest after that.

Yep. I have yet to play the 3rd, the bad reviews scared me off, but the 4th one seems to be winning the fans back over.

Hopefully Shenmue 4 can do that for me haha. We just need some decent writers to adapt the story properly, whoever is involved with the anime could be an asset to the 4th game.

I don't even mind if they don't show the game right away.

Honestly, if they just showed a brief voice-over of Ryo or whomever, then show the title, followed with a message thanking fans and thanks to them the story will continue would be more than enough.

It would be dope if they had the Shenmue loading screen with the words: Shenmue 4 currently in development.

I'm pretty damn convinced they're working with YSNET.

Whether it's Shenmue 4.... well that's the million $ question. It's a hell of a troll if not but I'd not be shocked if it's a new YS IP or something either.

Just tempering expectations a little bit.

Trailer at the end of anime season 1, followed by the full game at the end of anime season 2. Fresh for all the anime fans to transfer over to the game....

I'm pretty damn convinced they're working with YSNET.

Whether it's Shenmue 4.... well that's the million $ question. It's a hell of a troll if not but I'd not be shocked if it's a new YS IP or something either.

Just tempering expectations a little bit.

Do you honestly think they would work with Yu and troll us knowing how much Shenmue means to Yu and this community? I don’t think Yu would let that happen.

Odds are Yu probably doesn't know about the teases, but I'm putting faith in 110 Industries' social media people having their heads screwed on enough not to play with our hearts like this!
Yeah, I’d be surprised if Yu knows. I’m just waiting and hoping that we won’t be reading an apology post soon saying:

“We apologize for misleading the amazing Shenmue fans out there! We love to interact with our community and realize now that our comments and likes/follows could be misconstrued as something other than our intention blah blah blah”

I know this won't happen but it would be funny if during the last episode of the anime Ryo had a fifth wall experience once he gets to the cave in Bailu village. Then Ryo blurts out "Shenmue 4." Shenhua turns around and says "What?" Then Ryo says "Nothing...its nothing."

Okay lol, they liked that Office gif where Michael goes “Oh my god, okay it’s happening!”

They are sadistic if this isn’t true lol

I know this won't happen but it would be funny if during the last episode of the anime Ryo had a fifth wall experience once he gets to the cave in Bailu village. Then Ryo blurts out "Shenmue 4." Shenhua turns around and says "What?" Then Ryo says "Nothing...its nothing."
"Ryo I had a terrible dream where we were trapped in this cave for 18 years"

"I had the same dream but at least you had new clothes. I just stunk"

An understandable feeling to have, but something is clearly up here.

In the age of "cancel culture" or just "standing up", though I wouldn't attribute the former concept to this fanbase.

Making egregious mistakes, misleading folks, overpromising and underdelivering, bad PR can cause severe, irreparable damage these days.

It's happened to DICE(2042), CDPR(Cyberpunk, though they persevered), Artesian Builds(destroyed), EA, many folks.

It is an awfully big risk for them to continue taking if nothing is afoot.

For Shenmue, it makes sense for it to be built up to capitalize on fan fervor.

It doesn't need to be a surprise, because no "surprise" announcement of IV will ever reach the heights of being vindicated after 15 years with the shock of III being revealed.
As a fan that’s been there from the beginning let’s just say I’ve built up a certain amount of calluses when it comes to Shenmue announcements in general after years of enduring fake rumours, Kiziko debacle ect.

Like I said I would be happy to be proven wrong. The Shenmue anime announcement came out of left field and it happened so quickly I didn’t quite have time to process it. I’ve just found it’s been in my own interest to be skeptical until formally announced but I will be keenly watching.

Hopefully, it is not an April Fool's joke. If so, I am going to act like Chris Farley did when he was told his coffee was decaffeinated crystals. But considering modern internet/troll culture, etc., that is too big of a risk and meaningless.

If this is the case, these things take time, and hopefully, we'll get something concrete by E3, which is only just a matter of weeks from now. If we're going to get anything official, the timing needs to be something meaningful.

Hopefully, it is not an April Fool's joke. If so, I am going to act like Chris Farley did when he was told his coffee was decaffeinated crystals. But considering modern internet/troll culture, etc., that is too big of a risk and meaningless.

If this is the case, these things take time, and hopefully, we'll get something concrete by E3, which is only just a matter of weeks from now. If we're going to get anything official, the timing needs to be something meaningful.

There is no E3 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back