110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fan that’s been there from the beginning let’s just say I’ve built up a certain amount of calluses when it comes to Shenmue announcements in general after years of enduring fake rumours, Kiziko debacle ect.

Like I said I would be happy to be proven wrong. The Shenmue anime announcement came out of left field and it happened so quickly I didn’t quite have time to process it. I’ve just found it’s been in my own interest to be skeptical until formally announced but I will be keenly watching.

You'll never get Shenmue fans to let there guard down fully but I know deep down we all want this to be true.

They debuted at TGS so I'd think they'd attach themselves to TGS again.

I think a trailer accompanying the final episode of the anime would be good timing but who knows at what stage the game is and if it's ready to be shown.

The TGS group indeed appears on the 110 founder's linkedin page.

Screenshot_20220410-003841_Chrome.jpg

I think we ought to temper our expectations lol
What worries me the most is that in the 110 Tgs trailer, Yu-San talks about Fantasy. And we know he doesn't consider Shenmue as fantasy, he talks about the Qi/Chi energy instead of magic, and he got rid of the only fantasy scene from Shenmue 2 in Shenmue 3.

It did remind me about his other project, that I am sure is linked to the french riviera town Eze, where he did paint in the past, where he went again before Magic Monaco some years ago, then where he invited backers. You have this wonderful view of the sea from this fortified castle town, and Cedric talked about a project they had at some point, that was canceled.

If 110 are trolling us, this is what we might get instead :

Screenshot_20220410-004600_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
What worries me the most is that in the 110 Tgs trailer, Yu-San talks about Fantasy. And we know he doesn't consider Shenmue as fantasy, he talks about the Qi/Chi energy instead of magic, and he got rid of the only fantasy scene from Shenmue 2 in Shenmue 3.

It did remind me about his other project, that I am sure is linked to the french riviera town Eze, where he did paint in the past, where he went again before Magic Monaco some years ago, then where he invited backers. You have this wonderful view of the sea from this fortified castle town, and Cedric talked about a project they had at some point, that was canceled.

View attachment 14791

This always greatly intrigued me and I would be just as happy to see this concept get announced as a game as I would a Shenmue 4. Almost.

This is all pretty shocking, but debuting their show with YS at the start always unsettled me a little bit. I think they’re playin with fire if they’re lying at this point. Would be extremely disrespectful to the maestro and they clearly have some respect for him. Why else debut your company with YS at the front?

Last edited:
Yeah that concept sounds awesome. I did notice he mentioned wanting to make a Space Harrier sequel in a recent interview Switch translated. To me, that’s certainly both a very clear area where Ys could prove he still has “it” and release a game that doesn’t cost him millions. I think any Sega fan would drop everything they’re doing if that one were announced. Hmm!
A new Suzuki game that wasn’t Shenmue 4 would be bittersweet. On the one hand, it’s an absolute travesty that one of the greatest and most influential game developers of all time has released only a handful of games over the past few decades and so I’d rather have him doing something than nothing. On the other, Shenmue is his Magnum Opus and so for him to bow out of the industry before getting a chance to see his vision fully realized would be a genuine tragedy. Given his advancing years, that has to be a concern for both him and the fan base.

A new Suzuki game that wasn’t Shenmue 4 would be bittersweet. On the one hand, it’s an absolute travesty that one of the greatest and most influential game developers of all time has released only a handful of games over the past few decades and so I’d rather have him doing something than nothing. On the other, Shenmue is his Magnum Opus and so for him to bow out of the industry before getting a chance to see his vision fully realized would be a genuine tragedy. Given his advancing years, that has to be a concern for both him and the fan base.

Very much a dichotomy!

I'm selfish wanting only Shenmue 4... but I also don't want Suzuki being restrained by his own franchise ala Kojima and MGS...

Whatever happens... I'm happy! Plus, a great plan might be to make another game which will have more mainstream success to fund more Shenmue more sustainably.

View attachment 14791
Honestly that would be amazing. A completely new game from Yu Suzuki

If 110 industries does not publish Shenmue4, I believe it will be very interesting for most of Shenmue fans.

I made some researches on 110 Industries, reading articles in French and English.

Most interesting infos are :
- They also have projects on other media's : movies, series, comic books. But they mainly focus on videogames development, the majority being with Japanese studios/creators. But it could also be a Shenmue 4 on another media...

- They began with an initial budget of 4 Million CHF (about 4M Eur) in 2018.
Last year they raised 40M CHF, and they raised about 50M for 2022. They based in Switzerland last year, and are meeting the swiss banks the same way they meet developers for opportunities. "110" comes from their wish to spend 110% of their energy in their projects. And they want to disrupt the videogames modern market because it's rules don't help the big creators from the 80's and 90's to create games nowadays. Both founders come from the finance world.

- They announced 3 projects, and cite different numbers of unannounced projects, probably because some were added later on. I think they have 12 projects in total. Some of them are probably smaller ones, but if you divide 40 to 50M by 10, and count it on 4 years, that makes at least 20 million, probably more for a bigger project like Yu Suzuki's next project. Without counting the profit they will make with their first 3 projects coming this year.

Last edited:
I made some researches on 110 Industries, reading articles in French and English.

- They also have projects on other media's : movies, series, comic books. But they mainly focus on videogames development, the majority being with Japanese studios/creators. But it could also be a Shenmue 4 on another media...

Last year they raised 40M CHF, and they raised about 50M for 2022. They based in Switzerland last year, and are meeting the swiss banks the same way they meet developers for opportunities. "110" comes from their wish to spend 110% of their energy in their projects. And they want to disrupt the videogames modern market because it's rules don't help the big creators from the 80's and 90's to create games nowadays. Both founders come from the finance world.

- They announced 3 projects, and cite different numbers of unannounced projects, probably because some were added later on. I think they have 12 projects in total. Some of them are probably smaller ones, but if you divide 40 to 50M by 10, and count it on 4 years, that makes at least 20 million, probably more for a bigger project like Yu Suzuki's next project. Without counting the profit they will make with their first 3 projects coming this year.
So these are another few reasons that this rumour might indeed hold some weight? :) This is getting more and more interesting by the day.

Last edited:

That's from their sort of mission statement. I saw that on Google the other day :)

Don't want to get ahead of myself as it may just be a naive way to draw attention to a different project, but this does have all the telltale signs of what you usually see during the build-up to a reveal.

Aside from during a potential second season of the anime, I can't really imagine a better time frame to announce Shenmue IV either. We're riding some good momentum here.

At the very least this is something to get *cautiously* excited about.

Don't want to get ahead of myself as it may just be a naive way to draw attention to a different project, but this does have all the telltale signs of what you usually see during the build-up to a reveal.

Aside from during a potential second season of the anime, I can't really imagine a better time frame to announce Shenmue IV either. We're riding some good momentum here.

At the very least this is something to get *cautiously* excited about.
FP-axulXoAYdnI8.jpg Very good momentum my friend. All signs are so far positive and are pointing in the direction of an impending announcement of some kind. Only time will tell but it's good to remain cautious just incase but i honestly believe in my heart it's coming. We're approaching the end of the anime in 3 weeks and this has popped up out the blue, with no denials or dismissing from the potential publishers supposedly linked to the project but rather going with the flow and rolling with it. Yu hopes to have an announcement of some kind this year... This is definitely worth keep an eye on over the next few weeks/months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back