110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to believe in this as well, why 110 industries would go that route saying these things? to gain new followers? to troll the Shenmue community? i don't think is that so is possible that 110 industries is involved with Yu Suzuki about Shenmue IV.

In the latest interview this happened...

Yu Suzuki: I'm still making games! I hope to have something to announce by the end of this year, so please keep an eye out.

Yu Suzuki is still making games and even said to keep an eye out about this, so to me this shows that is a matter of time for Yu Suzuki to announce Shenmue IV or other game this year, i feel that we will see the Shenmue IV announcement this year.

I really hope that Yu Suzuki made a deal to develop Shenmue IV and V together or something like this, and this way finish the saga.

I'm writing my own story with a Shenmue vibe, it will be a long story, i know that i don't want to compromise my story as well, so i care about what Yu Suzuki really want for his story.

We're at 40% of the story so I feel that ending in V will have a more satisfying ending, but If Yu Suzuki decides to finish in IV i will understand his reasons and i will support him of course, but after reading a lot of interviews with Yu Suzuki i feel that his plan now is to finish in Shenmue V, i really hope this is what will happen.

Shenmue is his story so i care a lot about how Suzuki-san want to finish Shenmue. I don't know what game would be the last Shenmue game, it will be IV? V? I don't know, all i know is that i will support Yu Suzuki, and i hope that Yu Suzuki can finish this beautiful story in a way that will be satisfying for him.

At this point i just need a confirmation that Shenmue IV is in development, doesn't even need to show gameplay and things like that for now, if YS NET announce the game and just show the Shenmue IV logo i would be happy.

I’m not sure about @Peter , but I do find LemonHaze ’s absence as of late a little conspicuous and can’t help but wonder whether he and the rest of the DP team are now working on something a little more official.
That could be the Shenmue Project. Shenmue 1-4 by Ysnet & the Dojo team, on Ue 4 & possibly 5.
With a Shenmue 3 Director's cut.

I would love this ! 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
We need some investigative journalists to dig deeper on this. Someone must know something. Supposedly a number of those in the industry were aware of Yu Suzuki bringing Shenmue 3 back prior to the Kickstsrter, so I'm sure if there's truth to these Shenmue 4 and 110 Industries rumours then someone knows...

We need some investigative journalists to dig deeper on this. Someone must know something. Supposedly a number of those in the industry were aware of Yu Suzuki bringing Shenmue 3 back prior to the Kickstsrter, so I'm sure if there's truth to these Shenmue 4 and 110 Industries rumours then someone knows...
I think the only thing we can do is wait really. Even if someone in the industry did know anything that we don't, I can't see them wanting to spill the beans.

If there are any tidbits of info to be had, I suspect they'll be coming from 110 themselves. I have a feeling that they'll either continue to tease things right up to an announcement of sorts, or they'll let the momentum fizzle out entirely and move on like it never happened.

I remember playing Siberia 1 and 2 and likened them to Shenmue in terms of being ambitious games that would probably never get a third game. I knew they made a third but so much time had passed that I forgot much of what the games were about. I still haven’t played 3 and 4.

or they'll let the momentum fizzle out entirely and move on like it never happened.
That's what worries me to be honest. But you're right that all we can do is wait. It's just a shame, because there are plenty of leakers in the industry and usually with these kind of "rumour" stories, at least one publication cites something small from one of their sources.

And don't get me wrong, I don't want anything ruined per se, but I do kinda want to know if we're just being strung along here...

That's what worries me to be honest. But you're right that all we can do is wait. It's just a shame, because there are plenty of leakers in the industry and usually with these kind of "rumour" stories, at least one publication cites something small from one of their sources.

And don't get me wrong, I don't want anything ruined per se, but I do kinda want to know if we're just being strung along here...
I guess it's what you've stated yourself mate, sit back, wait and see what plays out. It will be interesting though if something else does indeed come up and it's linked back to them though.

I have a suspicious that @Peter already knows about Shenmue 4 but for NDA reasons he can't talk yet
Ha, that's an interesting theory! But sadly I must debunk this. I am not involved in any way, shape or form, anything Shenmue related. I hadn't even heard of this until I randomly decided to check into the forums in work this morning. Truth of the matter is you probably know more about it all than I do. I am not 100% clear on what's going on to be honest since I have just skim read what I can to try and keep up.

Bear in mind I don't own the brand anymore, so @James Brown and @spud1897 will be the guys with the contacts now. In the interests of honesty, I literally don't speak to anyone. I have no connections to YSNET, and any contacts I did have in the past naturally fizzled out when I passed on the Dojo. That's just the nature of it. I am now a fan on the ground, waiting like everyone else. I am still an admin for the site due to helping with the main pages if needed (which I rarely am now the guys know the ins and outs of Wordpress.), but i carry no importance or sway with both private connections or even the Shenmue community anymore. If any private info gets shared with James and Matt, it will be to help promote anything Shenmue related. It's a bit of a perk if it ever happens, but its not without it's stress and responsibility. They work hard, so they more than deserve any heads up if it comes their way.

As for Shenmue IV.... I honestly don't know. I have been enjoying the anime and Shenmue seems like a hot commodity again, so it's absolutely possible. But like I said, I am in the dark as much as you all are.

Ha, that's an interesting theory! But sadly I must debunk this. I am not involved in any way, shape or form, anything Shenmue related. I hadn't even heard of this until I randomly decided to check into the forums in work this morning. Truth of the matter is you probably know more about it all than I do. I am not 100% clear on what's going on to be honest since I have just skim read what I can to try and keep up.

Bear in mind I don't own the brand anymore, so @James Brown and @spud1897 will be the guys with the contacts now. In the interests of honesty, I literally don't speak to anyone. I have no connections to YSNET, and any contacts I did have in the past naturally fizzled out when I passed on the Dojo. That's just the nature of it. I am now a fan on the ground, waiting like everyone else. I am still an admin for the site due to helping with the main pages if needed (which I rarely am now the guys know the ins and outs of Wordpress.), but i carry no importance or sway with both private connections or even the Shenmue community anymore. If any private info gets shared with James and Matt, it will be to help promote anything Shenmue related. It's a bit of a perk if it ever happens, but its not without it's stress and responsibility. They work hard, so they more than deserve any heads up if it comes their way.

As for Shenmue IV.... I honestly don't know. I have been enjoying the anime and Shenmue seems like a hot commodity again, so it's absolutely possible. But like I said, I am in the dark as much as you all are.
Always good to see a post from Peter on the forums

Stuff like that mostly happens with really really big projects,
like some next Kojima project, some Resident Evil remake, the next Assassins Creed and so on.
The bigger the project (made by a team that already has a ton of contacts) the more people are globally involved
which means its more likely that 'someone talks'.

If you have a smaller project, made by a smaller and especially a new company,
then there isnt really going to happen anything if the small core team doesnt want to say anything.
Theres nothing to catch for any leaker when the core team locked all their doors.
Thats not that easy if you have a company with 350 developers and 300 people publisher staff.
And because the company is so new, most of the classic leakers wouldnt even try to ask them.
Because they dont even know that there is something going on. Its probably not in their field of view.

Maybe but, as we all know, the anime mostly leaked prior to the announcement and there were definitely small "rumblings" about Shenmue 3 before E3 2015, even though most of us ignored it because we had been conditioned to expect disappointment for 14 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back