110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are we even squabbling about? This is Shenmue 4 we are talking about yo. Shenmue frickin' 4. Let that sink in. To think it's even a possibility still blows my mind. Let's just chill out, forget all the pessimism and ride this wave.

1651657618155.png

Last edited:
Take a lesson from Shenmue 2.... Be patient and stay calm. When the time is right they'll share it with the world but until then let them work at their own pace. Lets celebrate shenmue day the way we always have done in the past and that's in pure unity.💪

They don't have to announce Shenmue 4 today but they better this year at some time. That teasing was just to much cant turn a blind eye to that. Also I'm surprised Yu would let that happen if it wasn't real. So for me Shenmue 4 announcement sometime 2022.

shenmue-3-food-6078-1574522223096.jpg

Born April 2022 - Died May 2022

You served us well, dear Apple and Banana. You made us all believe again for a while. We'll never forget you.

Only for Hopium Addicts:

Did 110 Industries only just start following Shenmue Forever on Twitter today?

Just saying.

Last edited:
shenmue-3-food-6078-1574522223096.jpg

Born April 2022 - Died May 2022

You served us well, dear Apple and Banana. You made us all believe again for a while. We'll never forget you.

Only for Hopium Addicts:

Did 110 Industries only just start following Shenmue Forever on Twitter today?

Just saying.
They've been following them for a while. A few days after they followed us.

I feel like this is the attitude Yu Suzuki should have if he does make Shenmue 4.

Yes. Even though I am bit scared of too much new mechanics, I think this is the right approach. Because when you just do the nostalgia trip over and over again you are forced to reimagine the old stuff and when you do, it can be a train wreck (see new Star Wars Trilogy, just sayin :cool:)

So any news on Twitter?

P.s By the way. New Monkey Island looks gorgeous.

Shenmue's tough cuz there has to be some sort of continuity between the games. It'd be weird if each title were a reinvention of the concept. Obviously Shenmue III broke that, but we know Shenmue III would've likely looked and played a lot like Shenmue I and II had it come out way back when... I sure hope YS's interest in "mainstream" concepts is well-informed and that he's only choosing the things he likes. I fear stuff like 'stamina' was an attempt at mainstreaming Shenmue III.

Shenmue's tough cuz there has to be some sort of continuity between the games. It'd be weird if each title were a reinvention of the concept. Obviously Shenmue III broke that, but we know Shenmue III would've likely looked and played a lot like Shenmue I and II had it come out way back when... I sure hope YS's interest in "mainstream" concepts is well-informed and that he's only choosing the things he likes. I fear stuff like 'stamina' was an attempt at mainstreaming Shenmue III.
It'll be interesting to see if the stamina/ food consumption system is carried over in its current guise to S4.

I got the impression that Yu felt like he was indebted to fans during the development of Shenmue 3, because of both the long period of time that had elapsed since Shenmue 2, but mostly the crowdfunded nature of the game. Maybe I'm way off, but all I'm really saying is I just want him to make the game he wants to make and not necessarily tie himself in knots trying to please every single fan.

For example, fork lift driving, a lot of the arcade games, capsule toys, the phone calls with old characters and other aspects (possibly even Chai's return, Ren's return and the showdown with Lan Di) all felt (to varying degrees) that they might have been shoehorned in to please fans. Again, I'm not saying that was the case, but if it was, then I hope Yu concentrates more on the story and game he wants to make in Shenmue 4, for better or for worse. I want his mostly uncompromising vision.

@Reprise I have to agree. As I have already said in previous post I just want Yu to make the S4 game he wants to make. He should not try to please everybody. That is impossible and he should not try to do it.

Yu-San should stick to his plan and make the S4 he always wanted to make.

I'm having severe doubts now after all the articles are surfacing that Shenmue 4 has no concrete plans now. I'm betting 110 was doing it for the hype train and has no plans to do anything related to Shenmue.

Where there really some people that put serious hope in that articles? Like many so called gaming news article in the interweb these speculative articles had no substance at all. These people were just writing some stuff for the sake of clicks.

It was never clear that 110 industries had real intentions concerning Shenmue 4. They just used Yu for advertising because Yu-San is maybe working on some capacity with them. It was never said it was Shenmue 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back