110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the last 24 hours of posts has me feeling like...

View attachment 15395

Also, if they could announce Shenmue IV in the next couple of days, that would be great as I would love my 1,000th post to celebrate the game being confirmed ❤️
**** Frank Booth!

Idk.

I mean, liking tweets that are asking for Shenmue 4 doesn't mean that they have it in development. It could just be a "we hear ya" kind of thing. This big announcement could honestly be anything.

I get some people are getting irritated playing the waiting game but being realistic, we've waited longer. Keep your zen intact people!

I got the impression that Yu felt like he was indebted to fans during the development of Shenmue 3, because of both the long period of time that had elapsed since Shenmue 2, but mostly the crowdfunded nature of the game. Maybe I'm way off, but all I'm really saying is I just want him to make the game he wants to make and not necessarily tie himself in knots trying to please every single fan.

For example, fork lift driving, a lot of the arcade games, capsule toys, the phone calls with old characters and other aspects (possibly even Chai's return, Ren's return and the showdown with Lan Di) all felt (to varying degrees) that they might have been shoehorned in to please fans. Again, I'm not saying that was the case, but if it was, then I hope Yu concentrates more on the story and game he wants to make in Shenmue 4, for better or for worse. I want his mostly uncompromising vision.

@Reprise I have to agree. As I have already said in previous post I just want Yu to make the S4 game he wants to make. He should not try to please everybody. That is impossible and he should not try to do it.

Yu-San should stick to his plan and make the S4 he always wanted to make.

Well Yu has to make the game we want cause we are the ones that are gonna buy it. Even multiple copies. Luckily most of us like Shenmue so much that we'll blindly follow Yu where ever he takes us. I personally want Yu to use the Dreamcast assets and finish the series. I dont think you can get away in today's gaming climate. Some people didn't like the way Shennue 3 looked.

Idk.

I mean, liking tweets that are asking for Shenmue 4 doesn't mean that they have it in development. It could just be a "we hear ya" kind of thing. This big announcement could honestly be anything.

I get some people are getting irritated playing the waiting game but being realistic, we've waited longer. Keep your zen intact people!

I would agree with all this if it weren't the fact they played with our emotions by engaging with us (even responding to fans with suspicious "we can neither confirm nor deny" kind of responses) for days, if not weeks, but more importantly because this all started when someone suggested:

"You guys should work on Shenmue 4"

And they responded with (words to the effect of)

"Wait until you find out why Yu Suzuki opened our show last year ;)"

I don't see how that could be interpreted in any way other than them teasing Shenmue 4.

Idk.

Idk... The teasing was really strong at some point to be honest. And they never brushed it off or try to temper it, but quite the opposite. Played on it too ! Following (almost) every Shenmue Fanpages (I know they follow a lot of people and pages on Twitter, but I think as far as Fanpages go, they only follow the Shenmue ones).

I mean, it's kinda weird and I don't lose hope at all.

I would agree with all this if it weren't the fact they played with our emotions by engaging with us (even responding to fans with suspicious "we can neither confirm nor deny" kind of responses) for days, if not weeks, but more importantly because this all started when someone suggested:

I don't see how that could be interpreted in any way other than them teasing Shenmue 4.

Yeah or the ones where the guy say "If you don't publish Shenmue 4, could please say something like "we love Yu-Suzuki, but we aren't working on Shenmue 4"

And they answered "We love Yu-Suzuki, he's awesome!", And again teased a Shenmue 4 yet again.

Hence why I am still hopeful for an announcement soon!

True, and I'm not denying that they may have Shenmue 4 to announce at some point going by their behaviour. I'm just saying that this upcoming "big announcement" may not be it, so we need to keep ourselves cool and collected if that is the case.

True, and I'm not denying that they may have Shenmue 4 to announce at some point going by their behaviour. I'm just saying that this upcoming "big announcement" may not be it, so we need to keep ourselves cool and collected if that is the case.
No I want to be outraged :tearsofjoy:

I got the impression that Yu felt like he was indebted to fans during the development of Shenmue 3, because of both the long period of time that had elapsed since Shenmue 2, but mostly the crowdfunded nature of the game. Maybe I'm way off, but all I'm really saying is I just want him to make the game he wants to make and not necessarily tie himself in knots trying to please every single fan.

For example, fork lift driving, a lot of the arcade games, capsule toys, the phone calls with old characters and other aspects (possibly even Chai's return, Ren's return and the showdown with Lan Di) all felt (to varying degrees) that they might have been shoehorned in to please fans. Again, I'm not saying that was the case, but if it was, then I hope Yu concentrates more on the story and game he wants to make in Shenmue 4, for better or for worse. I want his mostly uncompromising vision.His worst arcade games developed during his SEGA heydays were those in what SEGA ordered what and how to develop. When he followed his way, Out Run, Virtua Fighter, etc surgieron.

For example, fork lift driving, a lot of the arcade games, capsule toys, the phone calls with old characters and other aspects (possibly even Chai's return, Ren's return and the showdown with Lan Di) all felt (to varying degrees) that they might have been shoehorned in to please fans. Again, I'm not saying that was the case, but if it was, then I hope Yu concentrates more on the story and game he wants to make in Shenmue 4, for better or for worse. I want his mostly uncompromising vision.
His worst arcade games developed during his SEGA heydays were those in what SEGA ordered what and how to develop. When he followed his way, he made Out Run, Virtua Fighter, etc.

I can understand people's frustrations really I can. Though people are saying it might not be shenmue IV 110's behaviour has said otherwise. They have had countless opportunities since April 7th to deny or debunk the rumours and respond to messages from fans giving their take on everything (they do reply back to other people on twitter) but when it comes to shenmue they stay quiet and repeatedly fanned the flames and done nothing but tease it. So to be honest if people are going to be outraged I can understand why...but in the same breath I want to see what this big announcement is. Whatever it is, it seems to be top secret.

Where there really some people that put serious hope in that articles? Like many so called gaming news article in the interweb these speculative articles had no substance at all. These people were just writing some stuff for the sake of clicks.

It was never clear that 110 industries had real intentions concerning Shenmue 4. They just used Yu for advertising because Yu-San is maybe working on some capacity with them. It was never said it was Shenmue 4.
You misunderstand. I'm doubtful at this point that we'll be getting a continuation of the series as a game at all. If they had a head start with the S3 engine, assets, etc, and have taken 3 years to do nothing with it... then I believe Shenmue as a game series is done. The anime is our best chance at getting a conclusion to the story now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back