110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, he didn't actually say that.

R.b12bf8b314b38a0cc7c6ce4a6ca358f6

You misunderstand. I'm doubtful at this point that we'll be getting a continuation of the series as a game at all. If they had a head start with the S3 engine, assets, etc, and have taken 3 years to do nothing with it... then I believe Shenmue as a game series is done. The anime is our best chance at getting a conclusion to the story now.
As much as I want to play the game this is the most realistic path. The issue will be the barrier of acceptance for the fans of the games who would watch the anime showing what would have been great to play in a video game.

The anime has already proven to be at least moderately successful especially for what it is. I’m not sure how much it costs to produce a season of anime but I can’t imagine it’s anywhere near the cost of a video game.

if anyone who speaks Russian is super bored tonight. I'll try to listen out for "Yu Suzuki." This is really long. Maybe he has something to say...

2 much unintelligible content for me.
Nothing about Shenmue or Yu Suzuki, even while discussing crowdfunding games. He mostly talk about the game industry at large.
Some bits that might be of interest to someone:
- He got into the industry due to a chance meeting with Peter Moore and Bernie Stolar, the former presidents of Sega of America.
- (His company) only work with "safe" projects.
- They want to work with the best people in the industry. It's not that easy, however, as the best studios always have their hands full and competition is very high.
- They have no interest in mediocre projects that will leave no mark in the company's portfolio.
- They want to find the right balance between corporate interests and creativity.

Why is so many of you suddenly super pessimistic?

Because of Yu's comments. Regardless of whether they are being embellished by the media, they do not inspire confidence and as someone else mentioned, it wouldn't make much sense to say it if 110 were involved with Shenmue 4, whereas it did prior to Shenmue 3 when Yu was going to be reliant on crowdfunding.

Because of Yu's comments. Regardless of whether they are being embellished by the media, they do not inspire confidence and as someone else mentioned, it wouldn't make much sense to say it if 110 were involved with Shenmue 4, whereas it did prior to Shenmue 3 when Yu was going to be reliant on crowdfunding.
I also think the longer it goes on without an announcement (either way) people just naturally start to have doubts.

The media are useless. It just goes to show you how lazy and ridiculous they are.

They could have spent 5 minutes to research the story properly and learn the truth. But nope, no chance.

Im looking forward to the phony shenmue 4 headlines when its announced

"Yu Suzuki promised to end the series in shenmue 3. He lied and betrayed the fans"

"Yu suzuki has expanded ysnet. He stole your kickstarter money. Call the police"

"Yu Suzuki has your mum. He won't release her until you buy his game"

What do you think "If I was given the chance" or whatever he actually said implies though?
To me it leaves room for ambiguity.

E.g. If he had the opportunity to make it -- which he may or may not have right now but can't talk about...

Why not just say something far simpler and less ambiguous like "We're not working on S4 at this time, but I'd like to"? Has he said that recently?? If not, then to me that is a little suspicious. Not extremely, but a little.

shenmue-3-food-6078-1574522223096.jpg

Born April 2022 - Died May 2022

You served us well, dear Apple and Banana. You made us all believe again for a while. We'll never forget you.

Only for Hopium Addicts:

Did 110 Industries only just start following Shenmue Forever on Twitter today?

Just saying.
sir, i want to lol or wow posts so please avoid mixing boths. thanks

It is getting close to the point where it's not fun anymore. We had a few laughs and memes when they teased the announcement but it's now almost been a month since this reply:

After numerous replies, likes, announcement teases and Yu Suzuki connections, maybe it's time to actually comment?

They have 100% fanned the flames of the rumours by not denouncing them, giving cryptic responses and enabling fans to think they'e involved with Shenmue in some way. If they're not then the longer this goes on the more bad will they will have with Suzuki and Shenmue fans.

I just hope it's cleared up one way or another sooner than later.

To me it leaves room for ambiguity.

E.g. If he had the opportunity to make it -- which he may or may not have right now but can't talk about...

Why not just say something far simpler and less ambiguous like "We're not working on S4 at this time, but I'd like to"? Has he said that recently?? If not, then to me that is a little suspicious. Not extremely, but a little.
Hmm maybe. I think that is wishful thinking though. He could have said things that are a little more ambiguous and open to interpretation. To me "If I had the opportunity" means he doesn't currently.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back