Random Shenmue III Thoughts

100% agree with this. Battles feel like an important event in Shenmue and I love the anticipation of the next 'big' battle with a set of foes. Adding more fights or 'random encounters' like in Yakuza would dilute that epic feeling imo.

Not only is it brilliant for story beats, It simulates realism very well(Any fight IRL is an impactful event), plus it deconstructs the "Standard" Rpg formula of the day. This game was in some part intended to disrupt the "Final Fantasy" of the day & challenge Square's control of the popular Rpg genre. It was successful to a degree that FFX was admitted by Kitase(Director) to take some bold ideas from S1 in an old interview.

(e.g. Kilika was inspired to be an imitation of a south east pacific locale from seeing Shenmue taking real life locale and popularizing it in a revolutionary way with its RPG setting.)

Last edited:
D790XadWwAA8frK.jpg:large

Saw this on Twitter. Anybody recognise the magazine?

Hobby Consolas

9b826508f31b73cdb14bfb9e12e73b2a2f23b36e9629ee497bdbca4eb27bbb5b906d70c034804c742f67b782bcec88a82c42751e86152adaf6a338e850c60a4c8dfea3b96abf24e317a86e56c6b622a7.jpg

hat would most likely seal the August 27 release date
It is unreasonable to keep saying things like this. IT IS coming on the 27th, there is no way Deep Silver would have announced this date and been advertising it if it were not set in stone. There is going to be no more delay, the game is coming out on August 27, 2019.

It is unreasonable to keep saying things like this. IT IS coming on the 27th, there is no way Deep Silver would have announced this date and been advertising it if it were not set in stone. There is going to be no more delay, the game is coming out on August 27, 2019.
Hope you are right.

For a long time the Movie "Alita Battle Angel" was not announced for german stores since the movie was released for cinemas. The announcement was some weeks before and the movie comes out in August 1 in german stores (4k, 3D, Steelbooks, etc.).

Hoping the game has dual audio,any chance? Would love to play in both languages.Something that was available in the Shenmue collection.

Though it hasn't been confirmed, I'm still almost certain that it will include it. At worst, Japanese language pack might have to be downloaded. YsNet probably knows many of us grew up with either the Japanese or English language version in the west. Shenmue II for DC was Japanese only in PAL regions.

The Japanese dub is also miles above the English one. In the English dub many characters sound bored all the time. It has its charm and cheese for sure, but an epic game such as this deserves a competent voice cast.

That said, Corey Marshall has said he was surprised over the range of emotions Ryo exhibits this time around. So maybe the direction for the English VA is good this time!

there is no official statement i think but if you look on the Steam or Amazon page it says
that both english and japanese audio is available and it would be very strange if all the regions
outside of Japan would get english audio only.

That's not strictly true, games do sometimes get delayed last minute (FFXV and a few other recent examples I can't think off the top of my head - help me out here, guys), but I agree it's highly unlikely it will happen.

Back