Random Shenmue III Thoughts

They just emailed an update on the book Dreamcast: Collected Works that contains a link to an excerpt of their interview with Yu Suzuki, Keiji Okayasu, and Kenji Eno. In the introductory paragraph, the author refers to the fans demanding that Yu Suzuki finish the Shenmue "trilogy"... I emailed Darren Wall and politely explained that it's not a trilogy and will not be ending with Shenmue III.

They just emailed an update on the book Dreamcast: Collected Works that contains a link to an excerpt of their interview with Yu Suzuki, Keiji Okayasu, and Kenji Eno. In the introductory paragraph, the author refers to the fans demanding that Yu Suzuki finish the Shenmue "trilogy"... I emailed Darren Wall and politely explained that it's not a trilogy and will not be ending with Shenmue III.
Have they gone to print yet?

I hate how people assume Shenmue is a trilogy, it takes about thirty seconds on Google to tell you that it isn't. I don't even understand the assumption, now we're firmly in an age of media projects regularly extending beyond the third.

Hope this isn't anybody on here, but I saw someone on Twitter saying Shenmue should have more battles like Yakuza, and I couldn't think of anything worse.

100% agree with this. Battles feel like an important event in Shenmue and I love the anticipation of the next 'big' battle with a set of foes. Adding more fights or 'random encounters' like in Yakuza would dilute that epic feeling imo.

Have they gone to print yet?

I hate how people assume Shenmue is a trilogy, it takes about thirty seconds on Google to tell you that it isn't. I don't even understand the assumption, now we're firmly in an age of media projects regularly extending beyond the third.

They haven't gone to print, but the email was sent to announce that Sega had just approved the book, so I don't know if it will be possible for them to alter it at this point.

They haven't gone to print, but the email was sent to announce that Sega had just approved the book, so I don't know if it will be possible for them to alter it at this point.
Well, at least I know what I'll be checking first when I get a copy.

Still have to put an order down... same with the Kowloon photography book.

I definitely think something is coming on the 3rd.

I think now's a good time for us all to invest in a Defibrillator

81xXHAOtzqL._SL1500_.jpg

If something happens on the 3rd,I want it to be a digital ps store preorder. Im curious as to how long this game will be,if I had to guess,as long as Shenmue 1 and 2 combined and then some,so over 50 hours. Also will be interesting to see how many gb it will take up on ps4. I don't believe the old 100 gb rumour. Also lets be honest,lets say someone gets their hands on the game 2-3 days early and puts gameplay on you tube,would you watch? I know I wouldn't be able to resist.

If something happens on the 3rd,I want it to be a digital ps store preorder. Im curious as to how long this game will be,if I had to guess,as long as Shenmue 1 and 2 combined and then some,so over 50 hours. Also will be interesting to see how many gb it will take up on ps4. I don't believe the old 100 gb rumour. Also lets be honest,lets say someone gets their hands on the game 2-3 days early and puts gameplay on you tube,would you watch? I know I wouldn't be able to resist.
Hell no lol. I want to play with no spoilers

Lol,I wouldn't be able to resist. And who are we kidding? You know someone is bound to get a copy 2-3 days early, and post gameplay on you tube.
Yes this is true but I'll be going dark from YouTube/everywhere else.

Also if I get it early I'll be playing the thing so wont have to worry about spoilers

Not to change the subject,but end of August is absolutely awesome if your a big gamer . Besides Shenmue 3 on ps4,I will also have man of medan, which is from the makers of until dawn,and life is strange 2 episode 4. End of August will be great .

If Ryo were a young man at the time that Shenmue III releases, then he would have been little suede-headed Ryo at the time that Shenmue II released.

Back