Kickstarter Update #100 - Shenmue III delayed until November 19th

Meanwhile at YS Net...

Just going to put a stop to this narrative right here. This thread isn't for speculation on whether the game is ready or not, or for arguing about existing trailers/screenshots etc.

Draw a line under it please.

There was a thread the other day informing people that the address can still be changed.

I’ll look into it, thanks!

In terms of releasing in November and being swallowed up by the popular titles...maybe a microsoft announcement of Shenmue 3 on sunday isnt entirely out of the question? Could help sales in that tough time.

In terms of releasing in November and being swallowed up by the popular titles...maybe a microsoft announcement of Shenmue 3 on sunday isnt entirely out of the question? Could help sales in that tough time.
Certainly is within the realms of possibility. I don't have an Xbone but I'd still love for it to come out over there. Feel free to make a new thread if you think it warrants further discussion!

One again, my skepticism was warranted. And again, I expect we won't see much new during E3 or until quite a while after either. Probably will just be impressions of the same demo we've already read about in multiple magazines by now.

Anyway..., I'm still excited but I am probably buying Death Stranding before Shenmue 3 tbh. S3 will release a few days after my bday and DS a little over a week before.

DuD1H5wWkAAzXUV.jpg

If it's not polished, good. If they're redesigning the cover art, even better. I'm not going to worry about intangibles like whether or not the game will sell in November. Haven't even played a video game in over a month, so I'm sort of not in a gaming mind set lately anyway.

I think several years ago the conventional wisdom has been that the February/March window is wide open, but that has changed in the past couple of years. It's been a very busy time. So I don't think that would be better than November anymore.

I was thinking about this (alongside with the Switch 1 & 2 rumours that are going around). If we see an announcement of either a Switch release of 1 & 2 (or a Xbox One version of Shenmue 3) at E3, then that would be huge for Shenmue. Either way, I personally wouldn't rule out any of these happening. We know that Sega would like to do a switch port, and we know from Microsoft that they are throwing their money at everything that moves lol.

I'm not really that concerned about it being swallowed up by other titles. A game like Shenmue has a very particular audience so I don't think the difference will matter too much.

As I said in my earlier post, I'm sure we will see something Shenmue related over E3, and worst case, we will hear from the press with their thoughts on what they played behind closed doors.

I was actually hoping for a delay as we still didn't get to see a trailer with the game mechanics fleshed out or a sign of the demo up to this point, and we were short of couple of months for the August release.
Anyway, delays for the sake of refinement are the best kind and I take take them over day 1 to 100 patches.

Damn, end of August sounded like such a great time for this. Summers always fly by and I don't have much planned around the release. I played Shenmue for the first time during the dog days of summer, and it seemed like the perfect time to continue the journey...

:(

Cons defo feel bigger than the pro. Early September was the perfect date. Doesn't smell good for Shenmue 4...

I have no problem with a delay if it means a better product in the end, in fact I would actually prefer that. But the choice of date does worry me. The fact that the update specifically mentions the need for "refinements" is actually pretty reassuring, hopefully the animations and some of the character models will be upgraded a bit.

Back