Kickstarter Update #100 - Shenmue III delayed until November 19th

Honestly, I'm fine with another delay, (wasn't the best way to announce it lol could have given us a new screen or something. Last time we got a video message of Yu, but I assume they are just mad busy). I just hope that we will see something substantial over the next week or so at E3, or via Deep Silvers official media Outlets. If we go through E3, and beyond without anything then I'll be rather disappointed, but at the same time we know that press will be getting their hands on the game, so we'll deffo get some news.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Better to delay the game for what ever reason it is (for a big marketing ramp up, or for that additional polish) than for it to be released prematurely. Shenmue 3 has one shot so I'd really hate for it to come out a buggy mess (like a lot of games do today). Yu isn't like that, so it makes sense that he would want a polished experience from day 1, as do we.

This update hasn't really changed my hype level for the next coming weeks. I expected to get Shenmue 3 news in some form at E3, and I still believe that we will get something note worthy soon!

Keep your heads up people, we are still getting the game, and the additional time is there for a reason.

Well, it's not a very long delay. But I agree with those who have expressed being bummed about how close we thought we were to the release date.

I'm definetly not one to be negative and am not negative about any delay. Although I have said before and I'll say it again. A November release date is absolutely stupid. Without a doubt the worst idea. What are DS thinking? Put it back to next Feb/March or any time there is a decent window where people are going to be desperate for a nice new game to play. More sales. Better chart position. And yes that matters because its free publicity and encourage more people to look into the game.
I could be wrong, and Shenmue 3 will be top 3 come end of November. But honestly? Really? I can't see it.

Amateur move DS. What a let down for the franchise and fans.

Well that’s great. I might be moving so I’m not sure how I’m supposed to get my kickstarter copy since I can’t change the address.

Well that’s great. I might be moving so I’m not sure how I’m supposed to get my kickstarter copy since I can’t change the address.
There was a thread the other day informing people that the address can still be changed.

10/10 for timing.

Kickstarter Update 100, and on Shenmue day.

Someone is sitting on a swivel chair laughing, looking out of a penthouse window, smoking a cigar and petting an evil looking cat, that's for sure.

I knew from the moment they announced the date last year. I knew in my gut it wasn't gonna make it out on August 29th. For the very simple reason that games simply do not make their date. Look at The Last Guardian, they gave it an October release date and the game got one final delay to December of 2016 for polishing.

I called it from last year when they announced the date. I remember saying: Don't ink it. Pencil it in because it could very easily change.

I sometimes think release dates are useless and they probably shouldn't announce a date until they know it's actually in the final stages and almost ready to go gold. Capcom seemed to have picked this up recently and have been pretty good for announcing and showing off games when they're near done and are able to commit to a date.

But alas, that's not the same situation for Shenmue III.

So I'm not surprised in the slightest that it got delayed. The fact that marketing has been so quiet with less than 3 months to that original August date was telling.

On the one hand; Great. Take all the time you need to polish the game. I still had my concerns after that last trailer (most notably the lip syncing) and if you need time to iron that out then take it. I'd rather have a finished game than a broken game at launch.

On the other hand; November is a rough month and it's probably gonna die in sales. I take no joy in saying that either, but it's a rough month slotted between two heavy hitters.

Death Stranding and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order are going to kill them in the market...although, I will say that one look at the November schedule on wiki indicates it's not as packed as I thought it would be (for now) but still, that's a tough sell against those two heavy hitters.

I worry about this. I thought August was a good month because it was less crowded and had a chance to stand out. But slotted between two heavy hitters in November? Well that worries me quite a bit.

So some of you Folks were Right after all :(. I really hope the delay was worth the wait. I personaly not care much, because I do not care About Death Stranding and Call of Duty. Death Stranding is a overhyped and just boring game. I am never going to Play it. I also do not care much About Call of Duty. So it is fine for me. But most Gamers on the planet will chose on of These games over Shenmue 3. No polish of the game can Prevent it.

But as I said the responsible People know what are they doing.

10/10 for timing.

Kickstarter Update 100, and on Shenmue day.

Someone is sitting on a swivel chair laughing, looking out of a penthouse window, smoking a cigar and petting an evil looking cat, that's for sure.

Bang on 3pm aswell to boot. Crazy PR decision. Ultimately though, it is what it is, it's only a couple more months. I'm more worried about the release window like others have mentioned than having to wait longer.

In Yu we trust, I hope they pull out the big guns, cause we need the best for the future!

Well at least I can now go to Madeira in early September without having to stress out about marathoning through Shenmue 3 beforehand I guess.

2 months after Mega Drive mini and close to Shenmue HD for Switch. Great SEGA time.

Back