Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do understand people complains.
But I also think Epic Store doesn't make games unplayable. not even close.
If one had planned on utilizing steam link to play the game it does. If one had wanted to share the game with a friend it does. If one plays on different computers regularly and can’t always carry around a USB with their most recent save file on it does. If one doesn’t want to install a launcher that tracks their usage and sells your data it does.

Look, I empathize with the less than 1% of steam ragers to an extent, but patience is a virtue, and threatening the developers or publishers is not conducive to an eventual solution...neither is trying to ruin Shenmue III and the Saga for the other 99%+ of regular folks who don’t care about your launchers...

Look, I empathize with the less than 1% of steam ragers to an extent, but patience is a virtue, and threatening the developers or publishers is not conducive to an eventual solution...neither is trying to ruin Shenmue III and the Saga for the other 99%+ of regular folks who don’t care about your launchers...

I'm 99% sure if you were a PC gamer you would have a much different opinion about this whole thing and wouldn't be this dismissive.

I'm so sad about all this...
I can't believe all this things happening, it's as if shenmue was cursed and we can't have a day without something spoiling our happyness for having Shenmue 3 revived.

Having in mind all the things they have to polish in the game, I liked it a lot, strong Shenmue 2 feelings but my joy lasted little when I started to read all the HUGE backslash the epic (fail) decission they have made.

No matter what forum or web I visit that I can see lots of people complaining, asking for refunds very irate.

I'm so sad, after all this years of hard working by fans all hope seems lost. It's very difficult we'll ever see a Shenmue 4 and our last hope is PS4 sells allright and whenever this fuckstards let Steam start selling the game I hope sells well.

I saw many people vowing they will try to boicot the game just to fuck DeepSilver off.

I can't believe they went with Epic after all that happened with Metro E.
They have stabbed Shenmue in the back.

This is not the way to do things, it shows how little proffesional are everyone in this proyect. If they promised to the backers steam copies, they must accomplish their word.

I understand the thought process, that there is a pantomime villain in all of this and it's all one big soap opera playing out. But in business its not exactly like that, despite appearing to be. There a lot of moving parts in business deals, and I can safely say that Deep Silver did not burst into YSNET and say they were going to make this deal, and we don't care what you think. It just doesn't work like that.

I have been talking with a couple of people this morning and my main goal is to keep the communication going to work the problem. Not throw a screaming temper tantrum. Looking at things from an outsiders point of view, I will assume that any deal with Epic is locked in. That's just how business deals are. It's not worth the time saying well this should have been considered, or that should have been included. What's done is done, and all that can be done now is to try and look at the main issues, and if there is any way to fix them.

The main issue I would want to see resolved is the whole Kickstarter/Steam day one issue. If an Epic deal has shot this dead... then that's it. But I would still like to think something can be done, and amendments made to any sort of business deal, for the greater good. We can all agree that at the moment, no one looks good right now. Shenmue, YSNET, Deep Silver, Koch Media, Steam, Epic... everyone involved is suffering as a result. This benefits no one.
I have openly said that a major step to solving part of the problem is to agree to amend the exclusivity deal to allow Kickstarter Backers only, to indeed get what they were promised. A Steam edition of the game. I understand achieving that at this stage may be extremely complicated, but that's not my job to figure out. I am simply highlighting the problem, and here is the solution.

My hope is that people in the decision making process, be it at the development level, publishing level and distribution level realize this, and at least try... try to do something about it all. The people I have been speaking with this morning (and whilst its by no means anything to cheer about) are fully aware of all of this, and are going to take these concerns and see what can be done, opening up some dialogue and hopefully at least try to make things a little better.

So for now, all we can do is wait.

I understand the thought process, that there is a pantomime villain in all of this and it's all one big soap opera playing out. But in business its not exactly like that, despite appearing to be. There a lot of moving parts in business deals, and I can safely say that Deep Silver did not burst into YSNET and say they were going to make this deal, and we don't care what you think. It just doesn't work like that.

I have been talking with a couple of people this morning and my main goal is to keep the communication going to work the problem. Not throw a screaming temper tantrum. Looking at things from an outsiders point of view, I will assume that any deal with Epic is locked in. That's just how business deals are. It's not worth the time saying well this should have been considered, or that should have been included. What's done is done, and all that can be done now is to try and look at the main issues, and if there is any way to fix them.

The main issue I would want to see resolved is the whole Kickstarter/Steam day one issue. If an Epic deal has shot this dead... then that's it. But I would still like to think something can be done, and amendments made to any sort of business deal, for the greater good. We can all agree that at the moment, no one looks good right now. Shenmue, YSNET, Deep Silver, Koch Media, Steam, Epic... everyone involved is suffering as a result. This benefits no one.
I have openly said that a major step to solving part of the problem is to agree to amend the exclusivity deal to allow Kickstarter Backers only, to indeed get what they were promised. A Steam edition of the game. I understand achieving that at this stage may be extremely complicated, but that's not my job to figure out. I am simply highlighting the problem, and here is the solution.

My hope is that people in the decision making process, be it at the development level, publishing level and distribution level realize this, and at least try... try to do something about it all. The people I have been speaking with this morning (and whilst its by no means anything to cheer about) are fully aware of all of this, and are going to take these concerns and see what can be done, opening up some dialogue and hopefully at least try to make things a little better.

Frankly, unless being a bunch of dicks, I don't see why it would bother any business partner that backers gets a Steam key. Backers have paid already, it's not like Epic or Valve are going to receive money here. The publishing deal should cover sales on pre-order and at release. I really hope they manage it.

Thanks for your hard work behind-the-scenes @Peter.

Now we wait. I just hope the Steam backers get what they were promised or are compensated in some way to help salvage whatever remains of this project's reputation before its too late.

Thank you
It might seem arbitrary to you, but to those that utilize the many features that Steam provides and EGS lacks, it’s quite the slap in the face.

Perhaps they value Steam link or the ability to share content across accounts? Maybe they like having proper controller support or cloud saves? Maybe, just maybe, they are upset about having been sold out by a company they put their trust in.

For you to dismiss their concerns so casually is the real insult here...

It might seem arbitrary to you, but to those that utilize the many features that Steam provides and EGS lacks, it’s quite the slap in the face.
Perhaps they value Steam link or the ability to share content across accounts? Maybe they like having proper controller support or cloud saves? Maybe, just maybe, they are upset about having been sold out by a company they put their trust in.
For you to dismiss their concerns so casually is the real insult here...
You're absolutely right. The only rational thing we can do is call for Yu Suzuki's head on a stick, demand a refund, sue YSNet and Deep Silver, boycot Shenmue 3, push for its failure and post lots of angry comments on the internet.
That's definitely the best thing to do since now the PC version people pledged for will no longer be available on PC... on no wait, it's just a different distribution platform. Well okay, it's still a shitty move because now PC gamers will be unable to enjoy checks notes cloud saves or achievements (lol!). I'd include controller support, but I've just googled it and people claim all their EGS games support controllers...

You're absolutely right. The only rational thing we can do is call for Yu Suzuki's head on a stick, demand a refund, sue YSNet and Deep Silver, boycot Shenmue 3, push for its failure and post lots of angry comments on the internet.
That's definitely the best thing to do since now the PC version people pledged for will no longer be available on PC... on no wait, it's just a different distribution platform. Well okay, it's still a shitty move because now PC gamers will be unable to enjoy checks notes cloud saves or achievements (lol!). I'd include controller support, but I've just googled it and people claim all their EGS games support controllers...

Jesus christ... not to be rude but please don't talk about something you don't understand. It's not "JuSt AnOtHeR LaUnChEr"...

Excuse me? Why would Valve take the blame here? This was a deal between Epic and Deep Silver / THQ.

Let’s see...less promotional, technological, and financial support to developers but more monopoly?

Frankly, unless being a bunch of dicks, I don't see why it would bother any business partner that backers gets a Steam key. Backers have paid already, it's not like Epic or Valve are going to receive money here. The publishing deal should cover sales on pre-order and at release. I really hope they manage it.

I understand your sentiment, but your post demonstrates the way to not go about things. I understand your emotion, but you cannot let that override the effort in trying to fix this. You cant berate them, and assume what is and isn't a bother to other parties involved. You can choose to do that of course, but you may as well pick a wall around you and go shout at that because the end result will be the same. You have to listen, remain calm, look at the entire picture, and try to figure out a way together to solve the issue. Communication is key, and the past 24 hours have shown this. Whilst there is a legitimate grievance here, the abuse and toxicity that's came with it will not help things, regardless of how justified.

Best bet is to offer epic and steam keys to pc backers. Of course when steam version is available.

I'm 99% sure if you were a PC gamer you would have a much different opinion about this whole thing and wouldn't be this dismissive.
I ordered for PS4. The principle of this bait switch leaves dirt in the mouth. This kind of practice is an evil within the industry.

Let’s see...less promotional, technological, and financial support to developers but more monopoly?
Alright you don't know what you are talking about.

Someone posted this great post on Resetera. Hope you understand why Epic is bad for PC Gaming.

My launchers? As I’ve stated multiple times already, I’ll be playing the game on PS4. Clearly you reading skills are on par with your ability to empathize with others.

I don’t know where you’ve plucked this 1% figure from either. The majority of people on this forum are upset and angry and to dismiss their concerns because this particular issue doesn’t affect you is quite shortsighted.

PC users account for around two thirds of the video games market with about 1.2 billion players worldwide. Of the 600 million or so console players, around 100 million own PS4s. With this in mind, I’d wager that around fifty percent of backers (if not more) will be playing the game on PC.

It’s a little selfish of you to expect those people to shut up and eat shit because their disdain is an inconvenience to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back