Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright you don't know what you are talking about.

Someone posted this great post on Resetera. Hope you understand why Epic is bad for PC Gaming.

Your someone’s argument from resetera is this:

“there was a well known, well reviewed game on steam that got denied a spot on epic game store, and after it got denied, the narrative on twitter turned into "something must clearly be wrong with the game if it got denied a spot on the store" and their sales actually slumped.”

Thank you for the comedy ?

Your someone’s argument from resetera is this:

“there was a well known, well reviewed game on steam that got denied a spot on epic game store, and after it got denied, the narrative on twitter turned into "something must clearly be wrong with the game if it got denied a spot on the store" and their sales actually slumped.”

Thank you for the comedy ?

Nice from you to once again dismiss everything else in the post.

Should I be sorry for supporting Shenmue III more than monopolies?

Steam is not a monopoly. You would have understood if you read the post.

"By making things exclusive to epic games store, not only are they limiting the number of places where a buyer can purchase from (which has the demonstrable effect of raising game prices), it also cuts features from certain games by keeping them from using steam technologies."

But hey, it's just another launcher right?

Should I be sorry for supporting Shenmue III more than monopolies?
How exactly is belittling the hardships of others supporting Shenmue III? Your misinformed gibberish serves only to condone the shady business practices demonstrated by DS and to infuriate fans who have put a lot into this series (both financially and emotionally) and are now feeling betrayed.

How exactly is belittling the hardships of others supporting Shenmue III? Your misinformed gibberish serves only to condone the shady business practices demonstrated by DS and to infuriate fans who have put a lot into this series (both financially and emotionally) and are now feeling betrayed.

Hardship? Just download EGS and enjoy the therapeutic ambience of Shenmue III for relief...

I’m out...steam will get Shenmue III eventually...ain’t the end of the world folks...

Sad to see everything we worked for during the past 18 years just burn down like this., and for a launcher!
I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around why people would be more than slightly annoyed (if that) about having to use a different game launcher than the preferred one.
Then again - if your fandom ends at the point of using another launcher even just for one game... I dunno.
Being mad because the game is not in steam is a Thing only Plattform warriors would do.
And all you have to do is download an app. (most of them probably already have it) if not just download it.

And many others:

It's not "just a launcher". Most people do not want to have to install literal malware on their computer to play a game.

Imagine Shenmuedojo announces next week it's moving to a new forum platform, and it's a platform known for posting your internet browsing history online. Would you still be saying, "it's just another platform!"?

Malware.... You're exagerating so much man.
I had Epic store on my PC many times and never had a problem.
Why don't say already that Epic Store explodes your computer and puts your house on fire?

I don't know why people hate the damn thing so much.
Yeah I get it, it's inferior compared to Steam but it's really thaaaaaaat bad?

I don't think I was being rude. It's just depressing to see console players trying to tell PC gamers that it's not an issue when they don't understand the problem. Fine though. I'll stop.
Don’t let him get to you. He’s as bad as the people that are trolling the Kickstarter thread. At this point I’m convinced he’s on a wind up as I can’t believe that anybody could possibly be that obtuse.

I hope people get their Steam codes/copies.
My kickstarter order is the PS4 copy. But I will get the game on Epic Store also.
I'll be happy to do so.
I will also buy it on Steam once it releases there.

Enough with the bickering. That goes for everyone. Some people are unhappy about the Epic Games Store, some people are fine with it. Accept that.

Unless you are able to post with an open mind and not be dismissive to each other, maybe you should step away from the conversation.

We don't want to issue time outs. That's honestly the last thing we want to do (genuinely). But some of this back and forth has been going on for over 12 hours now. Please guys, draw a line under it.

And many others:

It's not "just a launcher". Most people do not want to have to install literal malware on their computer to play a game.

Imagine Shenmuedojo announces next week it's moving to a new forum platform, and it's a platform known for posting your internet browsing history online. Would you still be saying, "it's just another platform!"?
Can only speak for myself but I didn't use "another launcher" in a handwavey context, because I'm not particularly thrilled about having to use EGS - just it won't stop me from playing and supporting Shenmue III.

Can only speak for myself but I didn't use "another launcher" in a handwavey context, because I'm not particularly thrilled about having to use EGS - just it won't stop me from playing and supporting Shenmue III.

It's not that. It's the feeling to have been sold for nor real benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back